ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Tyra meeting in Indy

I wonder when Jeff and Vince will find time to meet in Indy.If Brohm is on his way to see Kyle Jorgenson in Youngstown,Ohio,which is a six hour drive from West Lafayette,I dont see how he can get back to Indy until early tomorrow morning.
You mean he won’t be sitting next to DD tonight?

Maybe (probably) I'm wrong, but wouldn't the assistant drive with the coach as a passenger and not the other way around?

I want to make sure I have this correct...

UofL is desperate for a HC, and even more desperate for it to be Brohm.

The UofL AD and Purdue HC are friends. Maybe even GOOD friends.

Purdue wrapped up the regular season 72 hours ago.

And THE pivotal conversation is occurring NOW.

Now... in this age of mobile phones.

Now... when the two are a short 3 hour drive from each other. 45 minutes by plane.

And it's just now occurring. Right now.

Now... when the two are a short 3 hour drive from each other. 45 minutes by plane.

I believe they have to receive permission to discuss formally. Tyra and Brohm's reps could certainly discuss high level and gauge interest. If there was enough and they received permission, than formal discussions could occur.

Either today means the discussions are progressing or Brohm agreed to hear him out 1 more time.

It is highly possible he's been talking to Brohm's agent for the past month without talking to Brohm directly. It's highly possible he's meeting with Brohm's agent instead of Brohm right now.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It is highly possible he's been talking to Brohm's agent for the past month without talking to Brohm directly. It's highly possible he's meeting with Brohm's agent instead of Brohm right now.

Brohm doesn't really have an agent and the person he does use for contracts is Shaun Freiberg who resides in Louisville.

Maybe (probably) I'm wrong, but wouldn't the assistant drive with the coach as a passenger and not the other way around?
Doubt it. Williams grew up in Cleveland and would probably be designated driver. Youngstown is an hour further down OH Tollroad beyond Cleveland. At least when I was a boss man, that's what I made my underlings do. I also doubt Brohm is along this time.

Well a friend of a friend who I've met once before informed me at the exact same time while this was happening, my Facebook account was hacked and the clone was sending out friendship requests. a coincidence? I think not!!!

That was kind of my point. The picture was apparently meant to show that Brohm and Williams were in Ohio, and therefore no meeting with UL could be taking place. But, since it was Williams that posted the picture, the implication was that Brohm was driving and that seemed backwards to me. To me all this proves is that Williams is in Ohio, but it doesn't shed any light on where Brohm is at the moment.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
That was kind of my point. The picture was apparently meant to show that Brohm and Williams were in Ohio, and therefore no meeting with UL could be taking place. But, since it was Williams that posted the picture, the implication was that Brohm was driving and that seemed backwards to me. To me all this proves is that Williams is in Ohio, but it doesn't shed any light on where Brohm is at the moment.
As I said I can't link the article that said Brohm was with him. I tried not to imply that the tweet was proof alone.

I am beginning to conclude that this thing will not wait till Dec 6th. Too much at stake for both schools. I think we hear something by tonite or tomorrow sometime. Just an educated guess.
Agreed. Thursday is the latest this plays out otherwise

Reactions: t45corey
Couldn't this be like a FA signing where the FA announces he's reached an agreement to sign but won't sign the new contract until the required date?

There was never a chance this would go on until Dec 6th with Brohm. Anyone telling you that is (a) from Louisville; (b) assuming the best case FOR Louisville; and (c) assuming that Purdue was just going to roll over and let that (a reduced buyout) happen because they're nice and stuff. The Dec 6th narrative is a Louisvillian pipe dream.

Why is it so hard for you guys to believe he would leave Purdue for Louisville?

I mean just look at this.

They ranked college programs by the decade in this particular article on a point system. With all this back and forth on whose the better program, I compared the rankings between us and Purdue.

Top programs of the 1990's:

Louisville & Purdue ironically tied at #53 along with Air Force.

Top programs of the 2000's:

Louisville makes the Top 25 coming in at #23, Purdue ranks at #41.

Top programs of the 2010's:

Louisville ranks #26, Purdue coming in at.. wait a minute....UNRANKED.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

We have a higher ceiling, more recent success. Better athletic program in general. No brainer.

Perhaps...I have no reason to doubt they are meeting. I hope it was merely a courtesy to Tyra, a supposed friend, and for the sake of this whole ordeal to allow it to seem as though the best effort was given.

Not sure why you are so confident a meeting didn't take place but it seems clear it did.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
All of this is irrelevant and been argued nauseam on this forum. We do think he may go...not for those reasons but because it's home.

We also think he would stay because he started something good and wants to see it through.

They ranked college programs by the decade in this particular article on a point system. With all this back and forth on whose the better program, I compared the rankings between us and Purdue.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

We have a higher ceiling, more recent success. Better athletic program in general. No brainer.

You have the strangest reversible jacket of any “fan” I’ve seen.

Perhaps...I have no reason to doubt they are meeting. I hope it was merely a courtesy to Tyra, a supposed friend, and for the sake of this whole ordeal to allow it to seem as though the best effort was given.

Not sure why you are so confident a meeting didn't take place but it seems clear it did.
If the info is coming from Demling or Bozich, its probably reliable. Otherwise, its probably garbage.

I like the fact it was in the Indy rather than Louisville area, but given the short distances even that doesn’t mean much.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt

Now THIS. This is more like it.

It's going to be so, so hard for you to swallow when Brohm tells Tyra "thanks but no thanks" for such a lesser program.

Okie Dokie Skip! Which conferences were you in metro, big east, & what else? Calling Louisville football impressive would be a lie

Okie Dokie Skip! Which conferences were you in metro, big east, & what else? Calling Louisville football impressive would be a lie

Haven't heard that one before. Not in our control. You guys have also had a 50 year head start on football. We almost axed our entire football program once. After all that, we still have been more successful in the 21st century.

We have also won 2 BCS bowls in the BCS era compared to 0. Brohm may very well stay at Purdue, but to act like we have not had more success in the 21st century is just bias.

I like the fact it was in the Indy rather than Louisville area, but given the short distances even that doesn’t mean much.
I don’t think there’s any question Brohm would meet face to face to tell them yes OR no based on it being Louisville. I hope they’re meeting today. Let’s move on either way.

Haven't heard that one before. Not in our control. You guys have also had a 50 year head start on football. We almost axed our entire football program once. After all that, we still have been more successful in the 21st century.

We have also won 2 BCS bowls in the BCS era compared to 0. Brohm may very well stay at Purdue, but to act like we have not had more success in the 21st century is just bias.

Sorry dude...not impressed with the Louisville football program, nor is anyone else other than Louisville fans. Your program has been in a paddy cake conference your entire existence up until a few years ago.
Move on...you’ve got nothing.

Reactions: Futureboiler

No one’s arguing that. Our argument is with Louisville defining what time frame we use to compare. I think it’s all mostly pointless. I really only
care about 2017 and ahead. I think it’s fair to say we handily won 2017 in comparison. I suspect 2018 will be similar.

Sorry dude...not impressed with the Louisville football program, nor is anyone else other than Louisville fans. Your program has been in a paddy cake conference your entire existence up until a few years ago.
Move on...you’ve got nothing.

Boise State has never been a part of anything but a "paddy cake conference" yet, I would say most of their teams over the years would destroy Purdue, as would we.

Fun fact, the Big East once had two teams in the top five in 06'. Not to mention the fact that UofL, WVU, Rutgers, USF, Cincy and Rutgers were pretty good teams back then who more than likely would have destroyed Purdue and other bottom feeders of the Power 5. But I digress, the fact of the matter is we are in the ACC, which other than this season obviously, is usually a just as good, if not better conference than B10 lately.

Oh yeah, and Drew Brees isn't walking through that door, let him go. The only reason you even have Moore right now is because our recruiters were incompetent.

Haven't heard that one before. Not in our control. You guys have also

I know it’s a joke! You would have been in zero bcs bowls had you played in a major conference. Color me unimpressed
Boise State has never been a part of anything but a "paddy cake conference" yet, I would say most of their teams over the years would destroy Purdue, as would we.

Fun fact, the Big East once had two teams in the top five in 06'. Not to mention the fact that UofL, WVU, Rutgers, USF, Cincy and Rutgers were pretty good teams back then who more than likely would have destroyed Purdue and other bottom feeders of the Power 5. But I digress, the fact of the matter is we are in the ACC, which other than this season obviously, is usually a just as good, if not better conference than B10 lately.

Oh yeah, and Drew Brees isn't walking through that door, let him go. The only reason you even have Moore right now is because our recruiters were incompetent.

I know it’s a joke! You would have been in zero bcs bowls had you played in a major conference. Color me unimpressed. There isn’t enough baking soda in the world to put out the grease fire going on with your football program. Rondale Moore was never going to Lousiville. I’m laughing my ass off right now

Reactions: WildcatofNati

I just want to make sure that you realize that after going 2-10 and firing your head coach, your 21st century success is as relevant as Purdue claiming all things Drew Brees makes us awesome. Lamar Jackson is in the NFL, Petrino is gone, the AD is in terrible financial shape, and the guy your whole fan base is desperate to hire is Purdue's head football coach moving forward. That's your reality, bud.

I just want to make sure that you realize that after going 2-10 and firing your head coach, your 21st century success is as relevant as Purdue claiming all things Drew Brees makes us awesome. Lamar Jackson is in the NFL, Petrino is gone, the AD is in terrible financial shape, and the guy your whole fan base is desperate to hire is Purdue's head football coach moving forward. That's your reality, bud.

What the hell is your picture...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT