ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Tyra meeting in Indy

Purdue claiming "prestige" is hilarious. It's a poor man's Michigan. Not even a top-50 university academically, and they're on here talking trash about Louisville as a university.

Louisville knows what it is. It doesn't claim academic superiority. The sad thing about Purdue is that its students and grads are all rejects of actual academic powerhouses or local hoosiers who knew better than to apply to them.

I didn't go to Louisville, by the way. I went to an actual prestigious university.

The high-horse of Purdue fans has been the highlight of this process for me. It's kinda sad, actually. Part of me feels pity. They bask in mediocrity in all that they do as a university, and finally have something good going on. And "little old Louisville" is coming to take away their fun.

Have fun being irrelevant again. Not just in Academics, but football, too.
Let me try to educate you, my friend. Those rankings are meaningless for both Purdue and IU. Purdue's rep has always been tied to engineering and related disciplines. IU, on the other hand, focuses on the liberal arts/humanities/professional schools (law and med). That's the way the state of Indiana wants it, and it supports both schools accordingly. The rankings you cite rate schools across all academic areas, so Purdue will come up short in IU areas of emphasis, and vice versa. According to the latest US News and World report ranking of graduate engineering programs, Purdue comes in seventh in a field which includes MIT, Cal Tech, UC-Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, the Ivies, etc., etc. And Louisville???????

Last edited:
Purdue claiming "prestige" is hilarious. It's a poor man's Michigan. Not even a top-50 university academically, and they're on here talking trash about Louisville as a university.

Louisville knows what it is. It doesn't claim academic superiority. The sad thing about Purdue is that its students and grads are all rejects of actual academic powerhouses or local hoosiers who knew better than to apply to them.

I didn't go to Louisville, by the way. I went to an actual prestigious university.

The high-horse of Purdue fans has been the highlight of this process for me. It's kinda sad, actually. Part of me feels pity. They bask in mediocrity in all that they do as a university, and finally have something good going on. And "little old Louisville" is coming to take away their fun.

Hope we see you back here tomorrow with your hat in your hand as your coaching search continues.

Which “actual” prestigious university did you go to?

So ask yourself, will this happen every year for Purdue if he stays? Is there someone that played for Purdue that could coach?

So ask yourself, will this happen every year for Purdue if he stays? Is there someone that played for Purdue that could coach?
If we continue to be successful, yes. But the raise and new buyout we give him will significantly reduce the number of schools in the position to do it.

Understood. But as “the most connected” Brohm reporter, the fact that’s he’s even written it confirms the “done deal” blow hards who’ve been here for two weeks are full of BS.

Absolutely.

Jody Demling doesn't write that article without knowing it to be true. Brohm is staying.

Absolutely.

Jody Demling doesn't write that article without knowing it to be true. Brohm is staying.

I think this is a bit too simplistic of a take, especially in this day and age of reporters always wanting to be the first to break news. I'd bet that many reporters have two stories already prewritten for rapid publication. Personally, I doubt this means much. It has happened many times in the past with obituaries. Most notably (during my life) was Bob Hope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think this is a bit too simplistic of a take, especially in this day and age of reporters always wanting to be the first to break news. I'd bet that many reporters have two stories already prewritten for rapid publication. Personally, I doubt this means much. It has happened many times in the past with obituaries. Most notably (during my life) was Bob Hope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries
Agree with this. It’s just interesting he wrote it. Tells you the situation is fluid.

You're speaking of people that are simply doing their jobs without any personal relationships.

That is not what Jody Demling and Jeff Brohm have. With this leak, combined with how Tyra answered the reporters questions at the basketball game, I have zero doubt that Brohm will not be Louisville's coach next year.

If the last 30 years tell us anything, the answer is a resounding yes.

1994 Schnellenberger leaves Louisville for OU... down period under abysmal coaching of Ron Cooper...

1997 John L. Smith hired from Utah State. 9-win season in 3rd year, 11-wins in 4th. John L. leaves for MSU...

2003 Bobby Petrino 1.0: 41-9, including Orange Bowl win. BP leaves for Falcons

2007-2009: He Who Shall Not Be Named coaches us to disaster...

2010 Charlie Strong takes over... 11-2 in 2nd year and Sugar Bowl win over Florida, 12-1 in 3rd with bowl victory over Miami

2014 Bobby Petrino 2.0... 8-wins, 9-wins (Heisman trophy), 8-wins... then a disaster

We had DISASTERS from 1994-1996, and 2007-2009, and now 2018. We've bounced back from WAY worse. Not worried.
Try bouncing back from 56-10 and five losses in a row in which your "football team" gave up 50 points or more. I can't wait. Not even Brohm, who you are not getting anyway, can save you from this dumpster fire. Back to the midmajors with you. 56-10, LOL. It should have been 70-10. Next time it will be and probably against Butch Jones as your coach.

Reactions: Cleanface
Try bouncing back from 56-10 and five losses in a row in which your "football team" gave up 50 points or more. I can't wait. Not even Brohm, who you are not getting anyway, can save you from this dumpster fire. Back to the midmajors with you. 56-10, LOL. It should have been 70-10. Next time it will be and probably against Butch Jones as your coach.
You are the biggest loser scrub on any board there is. Crawl back to your single wide and brush your tooth.

You are the biggest loser scrub on any board there is. Crawl back to your single wide and brush your tooth.
56-10, and someone from the White Trash Capital of America (that would indeed be Louisville) is making tooth jokes? I love how you billybobs in the Kentucky "big city" make such jokes. Your city is a joke and your city skyline reminds me of Dayton- a very comparable city with comparable rabble and the same number of major league sports teams (read- Zero). You hillrat riffraff- enjoy the beating next year without your knight on a white horse. You'll have Butch telling you to like it, and you'll like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanface
56-10, and someone from the White Trash Capital of America (that would indeed be Louisville) is making tooth jokes? I love how you billybobs in the Kentucky "big city" make such jokes. Your city is a joke and your city skyline reminds me of Dayton- a very comparable city with comparable rabble and the same number of major league sports teams (read- Zero). You hillrat riffraff- enjoy the beating next year without your knight on a white horse. You'll have Butch telling you to like it, and you'll like it.
Scrub - what are you doing still here? I thought I told you to go brush your tooth.

Reactions: CardinalFaithful2
All these slams against the people outside of Louisville in Ky. Here is all you need to know about Louisville. https://insiderlouisville.com/gover...ace-to-be-among-highest-of-past-four-decades/

There are schools in Jefferson Co. that you cannot even use a starting pistol at track meets. This is fact.....shooting breaks out if you do.

Did somebody say track meet? Did you know my son is a division 1 track star and was all conference last year? He competed against Louisville, IU and U.K among other teams last year. His indoor season starts 8 December at SIU. Their new track coach this year is from OSU. Here's hoping she's better than Hazell .

Reactions: 1977CatFan
Did somebody say track meet? Did you know my son is a division 1 track star and was all conference last year? He competed against Louisville, IU and U.K among other teams last year. His indoor season starts 8 December at SIU. Their new track coach this year is from OSU. Here's hoping she's better than Hazell .

..and did you know, John Kerry served in Vietnam?

Fellas fellas, stop arguing. You’re both white trash.
That’s rich - a hooiser calling anyone white trash. Funniest part is that scrub wildyutnutz liked the post. Most yut fans aren’t smart or aware enough to be self loathing. I guess his mother beat it into him that he was nothing, so now he just goes with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT