ADVERTISEMENT

Brees to retire after this year

I think it probably is. Doubtful Brees will state for certain until after the Saints last game (hopefully superbowl) as to not distract the team.

I have no inside information, but I could see this being his last year. That injury with all the broken ribs and the punctured lung was very serious. I am sure that made him and his family a little scared.

I love watching him play, and will miss that, but I want him to be able to wake up everyday without pain and other ailments that former athletes now experience.

Hopefully, he will get one last shot at the Super Bowl this year.

I have no inside information, but I could see this being his last year. That injury with all the broken ribs and the punctured lung was very serious. I am sure that made him and his family a little scared.

I love watching him play, and will miss that, but I want him to be able to wake up everyday without pain and other ailments that former athletes now experience.

Hopefully, he will get one last shot at the Super Bowl this year.

Same here....if I were to guess, though, I would think he plays one more year....with the Saints in a contender window.

New Orleans has a real decent shot to get out of the NFC IF Kamara returns off the COVID list....the Saints are the #2-seed hosting Chicago next Sunday. Not sure, though, if whoever takes the NFC can match-up well with the top AFC teams.....I think the balance has shifted for now to the AFC. We shall see.

Sadly, I think Drew Brees' last best shot vanished when the officials failed to throw a flag against the Rams in the NFCC a couple years back. Regardless, he's had a remarkable career and made the most of his opportunity. And, he's one of three Purdue quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl, joining Len Dawson (Chiefs - SB IV) and Bob Griese (Dolphins SB VII and VIII) with the Saints win over the Colts in SB XLIV.

Sadly, I think Drew Brees' last best shot vanished when the officials failed to throw a flag against the Rams in the NFCC a couple years back. Regardless, he's had a remarkable career and made the most of his opportunity. And, he's one of three Purdue quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl, joining Len Dawson (Chiefs - SB IV) and Bob Griese (Dolphins SB VII and VIII) with the Saints win over the Colts in SB XLIV.
IMHO that last injury makes him re-think ending his career without further substantial bodily injury like Joe Theisman. The arm doesn't appear to have the zip he once had. He has the accuracy and mental aptitude that it takes to get there this year. Would like to see him go out on top, but doubt it happens as it takes a lot of variables and things to align (including crappy ref calls) to get to the Super Bowl.
NFL loves East and West coast alignments & if not that, then a very small market story like GB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT