ADVERTISEMENT

Retired teacher not going to payback debt

TheGunner

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
so it’s OK to retire after 26 yrs (at 61) and not pay back your debt

👍. Because college should be free. (If college was free, wouldn’t there be higher taxes and thus a person would have to work longer?)

I guess 26 years is a “long time”. (Not to mention…summers off.)

I graduated in 91 and I’m starting my 32nd year….I’m 54.

Democrats. Like the guy at the bar who orders a drink and waits for someone else who works harder to pick up the check.

Now I know why there are so many college kids wanting their debt paid by the “government”

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: SKYDOG

👍. Because college should be free. (If college was free, wouldn’t there be higher taxes and thus a person would have to work longer?)

Democrats. Like the guy at the bar who orders a drink and waits for someone else who works harder to pick up the check.

Now I know why there are so many college kids wanting their debt paid by the “government”
Must have been paying about $10.00 a month. Government should deduct the loan from the pension payments.

I don’t understand your post. Who is able and can afford to retire after 26 years? Where are they getting health insurance? Have they saved enough money to retire for what could be a long time?

I don’t understand your post. Who is able and can afford to retire after 26 years? Where are they getting health insurance? Have they saved enough money to retire for what could be a long time?
The person in the linked article retired at 61.

First line of the linked article (via Apple news). If you cannot open, here’s another link

I am a 61-year-old retired teacher with $70,000 in student debt.

I assume teachers pension is covering healthcare and is enough $$$ to retire on, assuming the teacher can wash their hands off the student loan debt🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The person in the linked article retired at 61.

First line of the linked article (via Apple news). If you cannot open, here’s another link

I am a 61-year-old retired teacher with $70,000 in student debt.

I assume teachers pension is covering healthcare and is enough $$$ to retire on, assuming the teacher can wash their hands off the student loan debt🤷‍♂️
There is a program in place that forgives public employe student loans if you have been employed as a public worker for 10 years. I don't know all the qualifications.

There is a program in place that forgives public employe student loans if you have been employed as a public worker for 10 years. I don't know all the qualifications.
Between programs like this and getting help for all other living expenses, it’s no wonder why people are lazy and won’t work. Not to mention crime leniency is factored in for some.

Another trophy for the “everyone gets a trophy” generation. (Why earn it when you can just get one for free…🤷‍♂️)
Yes, as we all know, those of us who are Millenials or Gen Z are spoiled because we gave ourselves participation trophies.

Yes, as we all know, those of us who are Millenials or Gen Z are spoiled because we gave ourselves participation trophies.
Nah, you can thank the 48% of the population that were liberal parents for that as well.

Good job, you got a “D” and you should go to college

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
Nah, you can thank the 48% of the population that were liberal parents for that as well.

Good job, you got a “D” and you should go to college
Which is why I roll my eyes any time anyone mentions the "generation of participation trophies." Sounds like, to whatever extent that's a problem, it's the fault of the previous generation.

I do the same any time I see an article about how "Millennials (or Gen Z) Don't Know How To (Insert household or automotive skill here)" as if it's somehow an indictment of the life skills of said generation. The headline should really be "Baby Boomers Didn't Teach Their Kids How to (Task X)."

Which is why I roll my eyes any time anyone mentions the "generation of participation trophies." Sounds like, to whatever extent that's a problem, it's the fault of the previous generation.
Yeah, just like your generation will be the ones who make paying back debts optional

Reactions: Crayfish57
😉. Is that being hypocritical or are you a church goer/Christian?
I'm not sure "hypocritical" is really the word you wanted? If it is, I don't know what it means in this context. My religious beliefs are irrelevant, though, and I wrote the comment facetiously. Though the entire crux of the Christian faith is centered on one person, through his sacrifice, paying the debt that everyone else was unable to pay. The Bible also has quite a bit to say about charging interest.

Of course, we have a government that is separate from Christianity or any other religion, so, while it may be funny to see lots of Christians upset about loan forgiveness given the tenets of the religion, it actually has no bearing on government policy, nor should it.

Which generation was the one that put the country into massive debt again? I’m a Gen X person, by the way.
Debt to GDP has basically doubled in the last 15 years. I’m not sure how you assign that to a given generation. But the deficit not slowing down, contrary to what Biden’s says.

I'm not sure "hypocritical" is really the word you wanted? If it is, I don't know what it means in this context. My religious beliefs are irrelevant, though, and I wrote the comment facetiously. Though the entire crux of the Christian faith is centered on one person, through his sacrifice, paying the debt that everyone else was unable to pay. The Bible also has quite a bit to say about charging interest.

Of course, we have a government that is separate from Christianity or any other religion, so, while it may be funny to see lots of Christians upset about loan forgiveness given the tenets of the religion, it actually has no bearing on government policy, nor should it.
You brought up Jesus. Why not bring up some other person if you don’t believe in their message?

You brought up Jesus. Why not bring up some other person if you don’t believe in their message?
I brought up Jesus because I thought it was funny, given the Bible's (sometimes) position against charging interest and the fundamentally "unfair" nature of one person having to sacrifice for everyone else. It amuses me that Christians who believe they have had their un-payable debt of sin wiped out by Jesus would complain about debt forgiveness, because that's the whole foundation of the religion.

It's not a perfect joke, because, of course, many people who are in favor of loan forgiveness are, in fact, Christians. But, the foundation of said joke is that most (but not all) of the people who are against loan forgiveness are Republicans and any one Republican is more likely, on average, to be Christian than any one Democrat.

I also didn't say anything about my position regarding Jesus' message.

Now that I've throughly sucked dry the entirety of whatever limited amount of humor my Jesus post might once have had, I bid you good evening.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I brought up Jesus because I thought it was funny, given the Bible's (sometimes) position against charging interest and the fundamentally "unfair" nature of one person having to sacrifice for everyone else. It amuses me that Christians who believe they have had their un-payable debt of sin wiped out by Jesus would complain about debt forgiveness, because that's the whole foundation of the religion.

It's not a perfect joke, because, of course, many people who are in favor of loan forgiveness are, in fact, Christians. But, the foundation of said joke is that most (but not all) of the people who are against loan forgiveness are Republicans and any one Republican is more likely, on average, to be Christian than any one Democrat.

I also didn't say anything about my position regarding Jesus' message.

Now that I've throughly sucked dry the entirety of whatever limited amount of humor my Jesus post might once have had, I bid you good evening.
Well, calling Republicans hypocritics because they don’t think they should have to pay people’s debts can easily be flipped and see the hypocrisy for the Democrats who think they should get forgiveness when they in fact do not believe in the church, Christianity nor Jesus’s forgiveness. (Par for the course for Democrats/liberals…find a nice person and exploit their humanity)

The one thing church goers do is pay taxes and contribute to the offering plate, “to help those who cannot help themselves.” (I’m not sure college students fit that label. People driving around in new cars looking for handouts, because they don’t want to tighten their belts.)

College debt is a new level of “helplessness”. It’s like giving a steer to a “starving person” who has a chicken farm. “Starving” with plenty of chickens running around, but the starving person wants beef…someone else’s beef….but leave it to the Democrats to rewrite the definition of NEEDY

Well, calling Republicans hypocritics because they don’t think they should have to pay people’s debts can easily be flipped and see the hypocrisy for the Democrats who think they should get forgiveness when they in fact do not believe in the church, Christianity nor Jesus’s forgiveness. (Par for the course for Democrats/liberals…find a nice person and exploit their humanity)

The one thing church goers do is pay taxes and contribute to the offering plate, “to help those who cannot help themselves.” (I’m not sure college students fit that label. People driving around in new cars looking for handouts, because they don’t want to tighten their belts.)

College debt is a new level of “helplessness”. It’s like giving a steer to a “starving person” who has a chicken farm. “Starving” with plenty of chickens running around, but the starving person wants beef…someone else’s beef….but leave it to the Democrats to rewrite the definition of NEEDY
Again, it was a joke. What Christians believe or don't believe should have zero bearing on government policy. Christianity's position on forgiveness, and whether or not an individual accepts that position, is completely irrelevant when it comes to loan forgiveness as a government policy. That a group of people who's worldview is so closely intertwined with forgiveness of debts to be against the forgiveness of debts is merely humorous.

That said, there is zero hypocrisy in not accepting Jesus' forgiveness and also being in favor of student loan forgiveness. Christians do not have a monopoly on the concept of forgiveness.

Last edited:
Again, it was a joke. What Christians believe or don't believe should have zero bearing on government policy. Christianity's position on forgiveness, and whether or not an individual accepts that position, is completely irrelevant when it comes to loan forgiveness as a government policy. That a group of people who's worldview is so closely intertwined with forgiveness of debts to be against the forgiveness of debts is merely humorous.

That said, there is zero hypocrisy in not accepting Jesus' forgiveness and also being in favor of student loan forgiveness. Christians do not have a monopoly on the concept of forgiveness.
I never had any doubt, especially regarding those who keep asking for forgiveness.

Democrats who think they should get forgiveness when they in fact do not believe in the church, Christianity nor Jesus’s forgiveness.
Or they simply believe that humans are real and God/Jesus/Christianity is not. Or maybe they follow another religion as they are entitled to as protected by the first amendment.

Just a bafflingly stupid counter argument by you.

Or they simply believe that humans are real and God/Jesus/Christianity is not. Or maybe they follow another religion as they are entitled to as protected by the first amendment.

Just a bafflingly stupid counter argument by you.
Really, more bafflingly then thinking someone should bail a person out of a loan that they commit to and sign as a borrower to repay?

👍

i have a loan, will you repay it? Oh, no? Really? That’s baffling? Oh, it’s ok if Joe signs that’s it’s ok?

that sort of baffling?

I know people who voted to Biden who are baffled.

Really, more bafflingly then thinking someone should bail a person out of a loan that they commit to and sign as a borrower to repay?

👍
Yes, actually it is. Calling someone a hypocrite for believing in loan forgiveness while not being a Christian is asininely stupid. As if being Christian is a prerequisite for forgiveness, particularly in a country where freedom of religion is guaranteed.

Stop being stupid in your arguments. Stop.

Reactions: PurdueFan1
Yes, actually it is. Calling someone a hypocrite for believing in loan forgiveness while not being a Christian is asininely stupid. As if being Christian is a prerequisite for forgiveness, particularly in a country where freedom of religion is guaranteed.

Stop being stupid in your arguments. Stop.
Sorry, your not my parent.

a year ago you tried to convince me to stop wasting my time on this board, and yet here you are, wasting your time.

Just stop. stop. 🛑

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG

I’m a little surprised that “contracts” ended up being the foundation for Christianity under the guise of forgiveness. Somewhere I was misled into the understanding that we were made in His image and perfect until the dems ate from the tree of CNN, MSNBC, Facebook, and Twitter. Once sinned and given some time it was apparent that we could no longer refrain from sin and so the second person of the Trinity Who was prophesized many years earlier had to come from a lineage that stayed away from the likes of CNN, MSNBC, Facebook, and Twitter or other evil and refused to get an abortion despite the accusations thrown her way since she was not married.

The news of this powerful man worried the government, and they did everything they could to prevent this man from having some power. Herod sent out a proclamation to kill every boy under two sacrificing all boys under 2 despite the family pleas, but the pain and suffering was of no concern and only wishe to prevent this man of his rightful place. So, the second Ark of the Covenant with He in her womb left to avoid death of the Child traveling without a mandated mask outside in the desert. However, she could not find a place to rest and was growing weary. You see there was no room in the Inn as it was filled with power hungry people eating ice cream and operating under different rules than His family and so while in the House of Bread (Bethlehem) He was born in a place absent government officials or other sinners .

We know the rest of the story. He was killed due to accusations of high government officials in which His life was traded for a thief, friends with Epstein who was visited quite frequently by these government officials with a person that robbed from others like his government friends whose wealth far exceeded their salary, from the Big guy to his son and everyone in-between.

Now is not the time to go into the basis for separation of church and state based upon Jefferson’s letter, but to merely state the intent was to protect the individual's church from the government based upon what had went on in the National Church of England as a result of Henry the 8th seeking a divorce to get a new wife that might deliver a “boy”…BTW when the government steals your money and freedom through taxation and inflation, those doing so are somewhat immune from the pain. When a bank gives a loan and defaults, it affects the bottom line for the employees of the bank dissimilar to all government immunity from wrong choices!

Anyway we are left with a few statements concerning contracts/covenants/oaths/promises . Enjoy-it seems contracts were important for Christians and Jews alike and suspect other religions also value contracts…

Galatians 3:15
To give a human example, brothers: even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified.

Matthew 5:37
Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Numbers 30:2
If a man vows a vow to the LORD, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.

Hebrews 6:17
So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,

Leviticus 6:2
“If anyone sins and commits a breach of faith against the LORD by deceiving his neighbor in a matter of deposit or security, or through robbery, or if he has oppressed his neighbor

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Joshua 9:15
And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them.

Genesis 31:44-54
Come now, let us make a covenant, you and I. And let it be a witness between you and me.” So Jacob took a stone and set it up as a pillar. And Jacob said to his kinsmen, “Gather stones.” And they took stones and made a heap, and they ate there by the heap. Laban called it Jegar-sahadutha, but Jacob called it Galeed. Laban said, “This heap is a witness between you and me today.” Therefore he named it Galeed, ...

Hebrews 6:16
For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation.

Jeremiah 32:10-15
I signed the deed, sealed it, got witnesses, and weighed the money on scales. Then I took the sealed deed of purchase, containing the terms and conditions and the open copy. And I gave the deed of purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah son of Mahseiah, in the presence of Hanamel my cousin, in the presence of the witnesses who signed the deed of purchase, and in the presence of all the Judeans who were sitting in the court of the guard. I charged Baruch in their presence, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Take these deeds, both this sealed deed of purchase and this open deed, and put them in an earthenware vessel, that they may last for a long time. ...

Ezekiel 17:18
He despised the oath in breaking the covenant, and behold, he gave his hand and did all these things; he shall not escape.

Proverbs 17:18
One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor..

Numbers 18:19
All the holy contributions that the people of Israel present to the LORD I give to you, and to your sons and daughters with you, as a perpetual due. It is a covenant of salt forever before the LORD for you and for your offspring with you.”

Joshua 9:20
This we will do to them: let them live, lest wrath be upon us, because of the oath that we swore to them.”

Leviticus 6:4-7
If he has sinned and has realized his guilt and will restore what he took by robbery or what he got by oppression or the deposit that was committed to him or the lost thing that he found or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

Genesis 26:31
In the morning they rose early and exchanged oaths. And Isaac sent them on their way, and they departed from him in peace.

Joshua 9:16
At the end of three days after they had made a covenant with them, they heard that they were their neighbors and that they lived among them.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 Chronicles 16:16
The covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac,

Joshua 9:18-27
But the people of Israel did not attack them, because the leaders of the congregation had sworn to them by the LORD, the God of Israel. Then all the congregation murmured against the leaders. But all the leaders said to all the congregation, “We have sworn to them by the LORD, the God of Israel, and now we may not touch them. This we will do to them: let them live, lest wrath be upon us, because of the oath that we swore to them.”

Joshua 9:15-16
And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them. At the end of three days after they had made a covenant with them, they heard that they were their neighbors and that they lived among them.

Hebrews 6:16-17
For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation. So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,

Leviticus 6:5
Or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

Genesis 26:3
Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.

Nehemiah 9:38
“Because of all this we make a firm covenant in writing; on the sealed document are the names of our princes, our Levites, and our priests.

Joshua 9:6
And they went to Joshua in the camp at Gilgal and said to him and to the men of Israel, “We have come from a distant country, so now make a covenant with us.”

Isaiah 28:18
Then your covenant with death will be annulled, and your agreement with Sheol will not stand; when the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be beaten down by it.

Isaiah 28:15
Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and with Sheol we have an agreement, when the overwhelming whip passes through it will not come to us, for we have made lies our refuge, and in falsehood we have taken shelter”;

Judges 2:2-3
And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall break down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed my voice. What is this you have done? So now I say, I will not drive them out before you, but they shall become thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.”

Deuteronomy 8:18
You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Proverbs 20:25
It is a snare to say rashly, “It is holy,” and to reflect only after making vows.

I’m a little surprised that “contracts” ended up being the foundation for Christianity under the guise of forgiveness. Somewhere I was misled into the understanding that we were made in His image and perfect until the dems ate from the tree of CNN, MSNBC, Facebook, and Twitter. Once sinned and given some time it was apparent that we could no longer refrain from sin and so the second person of the Trinity Who was prophesized many years earlier had to come from a lineage that stayed away from the likes of CNN, MSNBC, Facebook, and Twitter or other evil and refused to get an abortion despite the accusations thrown her way since she was not married.

The news of this powerful man worried the government, and they did everything they could to prevent this man from having some power. Herod sent out a proclamation to kill every boy under two sacrificing all boys under 2 despite the family pleas, but the pain and suffering was of no concern and only wishe to prevent this man of his rightful place. So, the second Ark of the Covenant with He in her womb left to avoid death of the Child traveling without a mandated mask outside in the desert. However, she could not find a place to rest and was growing weary. You see there was no room in the Inn as it was filled with power hungry people eating ice cream and operating under different rules than His family and so while in the House of Bread (Bethlehem) He was born in a place absent government officials or other sinners .

We know the rest of the story. He was killed due to accusations of high government officials in which His life was traded for a thief, friends with Epstein who was visited quite frequently by these government officials with a person that robbed from others like his government friends whose wealth far exceeded their salary, from the Big guy to his son and everyone in-between.

Now is not the time to go into the basis for separation of church and state based upon Jefferson’s letter, but to merely state the intent was to protect the individual's church from the government based upon what had went on in the National Church of England as a result of Henry the 8th seeking a divorce to get a new wife that might deliver a “boy”…BTW when the government steals your money and freedom through taxation and inflation, those doing so are somewhat immune from the pain. When a bank gives a loan and defaults, it affects the bottom line for the employees of the bank dissimilar to all government immunity from wrong choices!

Anyway we are left with a few statements concerning contracts/covenants/oaths/promises . Enjoy-it seems contracts were important for Christians and Jews alike and suspect other religions also value contracts…

Galatians 3:15
To give a human example, brothers: even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified.

Matthew 5:37
Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Numbers 30:2
If a man vows a vow to the LORD, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.

Hebrews 6:17
So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,

Leviticus 6:2
“If anyone sins and commits a breach of faith against the LORD by deceiving his neighbor in a matter of deposit or security, or through robbery, or if he has oppressed his neighbor

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Joshua 9:15
And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them.

Genesis 31:44-54
Come now, let us make a covenant, you and I. And let it be a witness between you and me.” So Jacob took a stone and set it up as a pillar. And Jacob said to his kinsmen, “Gather stones.” And they took stones and made a heap, and they ate there by the heap. Laban called it Jegar-sahadutha, but Jacob called it Galeed. Laban said, “This heap is a witness between you and me today.” Therefore he named it Galeed, ...

Hebrews 6:16
For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation.

Jeremiah 32:10-15
I signed the deed, sealed it, got witnesses, and weighed the money on scales. Then I took the sealed deed of purchase, containing the terms and conditions and the open copy. And I gave the deed of purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah son of Mahseiah, in the presence of Hanamel my cousin, in the presence of the witnesses who signed the deed of purchase, and in the presence of all the Judeans who were sitting in the court of the guard. I charged Baruch in their presence, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Take these deeds, both this sealed deed of purchase and this open deed, and put them in an earthenware vessel, that they may last for a long time. ...

Ezekiel 17:18
He despised the oath in breaking the covenant, and behold, he gave his hand and did all these things; he shall not escape.

Proverbs 17:18
One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor..

Numbers 18:19
All the holy contributions that the people of Israel present to the LORD I give to you, and to your sons and daughters with you, as a perpetual due. It is a covenant of salt forever before the LORD for you and for your offspring with you.”

Joshua 9:20
This we will do to them: let them live, lest wrath be upon us, because of the oath that we swore to them.”

Leviticus 6:4-7
If he has sinned and has realized his guilt and will restore what he took by robbery or what he got by oppression or the deposit that was committed to him or the lost thing that he found or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

Genesis 26:31
In the morning they rose early and exchanged oaths. And Isaac sent them on their way, and they departed from him in peace.

Joshua 9:16
At the end of three days after they had made a covenant with them, they heard that they were their neighbors and that they lived among them.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 Chronicles 16:16
The covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac,

Joshua 9:18-27
But the people of Israel did not attack them, because the leaders of the congregation had sworn to them by the LORD, the God of Israel. Then all the congregation murmured against the leaders. But all the leaders said to all the congregation, “We have sworn to them by the LORD, the God of Israel, and now we may not touch them. This we will do to them: let them live, lest wrath be upon us, because of the oath that we swore to them.”

Joshua 9:15-16
And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them. At the end of three days after they had made a covenant with them, they heard that they were their neighbors and that they lived among them.

Hebrews 6:16-17
For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation. So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,

Leviticus 6:5
Or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

Genesis 26:3
Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.

Nehemiah 9:38
“Because of all this we make a firm covenant in writing; on the sealed document are the names of our princes, our Levites, and our priests.

Joshua 9:6
And they went to Joshua in the camp at Gilgal and said to him and to the men of Israel, “We have come from a distant country, so now make a covenant with us.”

Isaiah 28:18
Then your covenant with death will be annulled, and your agreement with Sheol will not stand; when the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be beaten down by it.

Isaiah 28:15
Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and with Sheol we have an agreement, when the overwhelming whip passes through it will not come to us, for we have made lies our refuge, and in falsehood we have taken shelter”;

Judges 2:2-3
And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall break down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed my voice. What is this you have done? So now I say, I will not drive them out before you, but they shall become thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.”

Deuteronomy 8:18
You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Proverbs 20:25
It is a snare to say rashly, “It is holy,” and to reflect only after making vows.
I think 2 Thessalonians 3:10 needs to be included in this discussion. The Left appears to have selectively forgot this one

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT