ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman

Newman plays twice today in the HOF Classic in New Castle. His first game will be against Warren Central and David Bell, and his 2nd game will be the winner of Westview and Center Grove (TJD).

You can stream the games at this link:

https://www.ihsaatv.org
Newman with 7 quick points. It was mentioned on the broadcast that he is shooting 34% on the season from 3 which is a little surprising.

Is there an IU recruit playing?......lotta iu fans in attendance

oh, it's in New Castle...…...ok
Certainly a lot of IU fans in NC, and yes TJD is playing in this tournament, however I'm guessing you are seeing candy stripes. Westview wears candy stripe warmup pants.

Newman exploded for 13 in the 4th quarter, but his team fell shot against Warren Central.

He finished with 33pts and 12 rebs. They will face Westview in the consolation game at 6pm. You can watch the game using the same link provided in th OP.

Newman exploded for 13 in the 4th quarter, but his team fell shot against Warren Central.

He finished with 33pts and 12 rebs. They will face Westview in the consolation game at 6pm. You can watch the game using the same link provided in th OP.
When was the last time that David Bell lost in basketball or football?

He’s not holding out til the UA game...he has an ankle injury.
This may be as good of a place as any to talk about Madison Layden. I have not seen Madison play in a year or so and she was not physically where she will get I'm sure. Her vision and understanding of the game was advanced. However, due to her youth she was still a bit low in her shooting pocket. I was happy that she committed to Purdue and have known her parents for some time. That said...do you really think she would start for Purdue today? I don't know much about the women's team...but that is quite a step up from being bigger than 90% of the players in high school and running point. Again, I haven't seen her for a while, but she is very cerebral on the court. What is she now 6' or 6'1"? Is Kendall Bostic still taller?

Newman plays twice today in the HOF Classic in New Castle. His first game will be against Warren Central and David Bell, and his 2nd game will be the winner of Westview and Center Grove (TJD).

You can stream the games at this link:

https://www.ihsaatv.org
Newman with 7 quick points. It was mentioned on the broadcast that he is shooting 34% on the season from 3 which is a little surprising.

Does that make him a chucker? Those numbers are very similar to Langford in high school. Those nunbers are just a touch worse actually

Does that make him a chucker? Those numbers are very similar to Langford in high school. Those nunbers are just a touch worse actually
He's not a chucker...has just been missing shots this year. I think he'll be fine at Purdue - he's just a guy who's trying to do a lot more and has played on the ball more than he will in college.

Please go back to the IU forum for your desperate need for affirmation. This thread is about a Purdue recruit.

I was just trying to get classification and be a smartass. Whatever his name is who calls people chuckers and uses nothing but stats is an idiot so chill out. I am one who actually talks basketball and who doesnt try and flame post out. I think Newman will be one cone his junior year that most coaches will wish they had gotten. Now just so you dont get your panties in a bunch i am nkt saying that he wont be good till his junior year i am just saying i think ge will have his ups and downs as a frosh a solid sophomore year and come into his own as a junior. The one thing that he will have an opportunity to earn is playing time.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
This may be as good of a place as any to talk about Madison Layden. I have not seen Madison play in a year or so and she was not physically where she will get I'm sure. Her vision and understanding of the game was advanced. However, due to her youth she was still a bit low in her shooting pocket. I was happy that she committed to Purdue and have known her parents for some time. That said...do you really think she would start for Purdue today? I don't know much about the women's team...but that is quite a step up from being bigger than 90% of the players in high school and running point. Again, I haven't seen her for a while, but she is very cerebral on the court. What is she now 6' or 6'1"? Is Kendall Bostic still taller?
I really do think so. She is much better physically than she was last year. She'll be an off ball player. Very advanced vision and is shooting the ball really well this year. Easily the best 2020 in the state...Parrish is really good but Layden is so much more versatile and athletic. She's a firm 6'1

I really do think so. She is much better physically than she was last year. She'll be an off ball player. Very advanced vision and is shooting the ball really well this year. Easily the best 2020 in the state...Parrish is really good but Layden is so much more versatile and athletic. She's a firm 6'1
I would like to see us throw an offer at Emily Parrett out of Carroll. She usually guards the top player and seems to score when needed. Really good all around guard. Has been to IU 4-5 times and is starting to really find her game. Hope Sharon gets at least involved to see her

Ha! Well, I know him personally and can confirm he'll be back playing basketball next month.

Its a joke because BoilerIron made up a lie that he was in the room when Mason Gillis got injury news. Gillis family member came on the board and shut that down quickly, forcing him to admit hes a liar.

Well, I'm putting Kathy around 6'1 and Jeff at 6'9" and so I'm not surprised she is 6'1". Happy for Madison...

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Ankle injury was earlier. He’s currently practicing for the UA game as we speak. He never intended to play basketball until after the UA game.
Yes...I was just stating that the reason he isn’t playing basketball was because he had an ankle injury and didn’t want to aggravate it before the UA game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT