ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman up for the Challange

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
I like Newman's decision to go against the type of guys on his new team(Montverde Academy) to get better. His new roster boasts ~8 guards, and besides Newman 4 others are national top 100 recruits.....can only make him so much better. Here are a few of his new teammates:

Cade Cunningham SG/SF 6’5” 5*; 247 National Rank #13
Moses Moody SG 6’3 4*; 247 National Rank #26
Harlond Beverly SG 6”4” 4*; 247 National Rank #78
Justin Powell SG 6’5” 4*; 247 National Rank #95

Newman must have one he)) of a competitive fire to take on this challenge. I like that.....hope he lands, and brings that fire here to stoke the Boiler train.

Thanks for the post - was expecting he would battle against elite competition at Montverde.

I always wrestle with this on being a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond.

I am sure the increase in competition will be good but feel like he could have put Valpo on his shoulders and been a star.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Roeder
Thanks for the post - was expecting he would battle against elite competition at Montverde.

I always wrestle with this on being a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond.

I am sure the increase in competition will be good but feel like he could have put Valpo on his shoulders and been a star.
he'll be a New Man after playing on that team.

I like Newman's decision to go against the type of guys on his new team(Montverde Academy) to get better. His new roster boasts ~8 guards, and besides Newman 4 others are national top 100 recruits.....can only make him so much better. Here are a few of his new teammates:

Cade Cunningham SG/SF 6’5” 5*; 247 National Rank #13
Moses Moody SG 6’3 4*; 247 National Rank #26
Harlond Beverly SG 6”4” 4*; 247 National Rank #78
Justin Powell SG 6’5” 4*; 247 National Rank #95

Newman must have one he)) of a competitive fire to take on this challenge. I like that.....hope he lands, and brings that fire here to stoke the Boiler train.
Nothing new, but another opinion. Was talking Thursday to a man that helps coach a team that his daughter and another member of same class on that team were offered by Purdue . They are juniors this year. I asked him if he had an opportunity to see Newman when the girls were in the AAU circuit. He said he was athletic and really good (no surprise here right?) and pulled his daughter over to watch him play some because he was so impressed. Anyway, Newman caught his attention and I "don't think" he was looking for him, but that Newman just stood out. Very interesting that he is coming to Purdue on the 30th that I hope has no rain except by Purdue's passing. Interesting times...

I see what you did there

tenor.gif

Reactions: rascott107
Yeah I saw the tweet. Never good to hear something like this especially being so young

It gets kind of lost on fans and it's hard to remember these young men have families and responsibilities. If I recall, Wandale Robinson's mother was having some health issues and same with Demetrius Mauney that ended up decommiting from Purdue's football team because of it.

I always think the player should do what his best for them and their family, even if as a fan it means going somewhere else. Luckily Indiana offers several programs for Newman to choose from. He will be a very special player and I hope he picks Purdue. But first and foremost, I hope his family gets through whatever health issues they are dealing with.

It gets kind of lost on fans and it's hard to remember these young men have families and responsibilities. If I recall, Wandale Robinson's mother was having some health issues and same with Demetrius Mauney that ended up decommiting from Purdue's football team because of it.

I always think the player should do what his best for them and their family, even if as a fan it means going somewhere else. Luckily Indiana offers several programs for Newman to choose from. He will be a very special player and I hope he picks Purdue. But first and foremost, I hope his family gets through whatever health issues they are dealing with.
Could also have seen a lack of playing time as another reason to come back to Valparaiso. Hope his mother gets better soon. Looking forward to watching him play this season.

Yeah I saw the tweet. Never good to hear something like this especially being so young

Saw that this morning. Cudos to the young man making a mature decision. I wish him and especially his Mom the best.

Could also have seen a lack of playing time as another reason to come back to Valparaiso. Hope his mother gets better soon. Looking forward to watching him play this season.

Bold.......low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT