ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game practices: More critical to...

Bullwhip Griffith

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2005
Peru IN
With bowl game practices more or less geared to getting a jump on next year, what position will the extra practices be more critical for;

OL: Need to find three new guys on the inside plus a new swing tackle. Viktor Beach seems to be the center, but beyond that it’s a free for all.

DB: Majors seems to have one corner position, but Purdue is losing two senior starters. Lot of young guys in the mix for playing time next year.

Would add DL, but I think that will all change once George K shows up anyway

With bowl game practices more or less geared to getting a jump on next year, what position will the extra practices be more critical for;

OL: Need to find three new guys on the inside plus a new swing tackle. Viktor Beach seems to be the center, but beyond that it’s a free for all.

DB: Majors seems to have one corner position, but Purdue is losing two senior starters. Lot of young guys in the mix for playing time next year.

To me, it's the CB's, LB's, OL's, and DL's. I suggest working on:

CB: Jordan Rucker, Dedrick Mackey, Simeon Smiley
LB: Jayan Alexander, Jack Smith, and maybe Elijah Ball (DB/Nichel?)
OL: Will Bramel, Jeremy McKenna, Eric Miller
DL*: KJ Stokes, Lawrence Johnson, Jack Cravaack

DL*- to help get GK, Steven Faucheax, Dontay Hunter, and Sulaiman Kpaka started in 2019.

I've probably missed a few, so please chime in.

Quite honestly, I'll be glad to see our secondary be turned over to the younger guys. Blackmon had a couple of decent games. But he's been a liability for a while. And although Thienemen was a leader and run stopper, he was also a liability versus faster tight ends and slot receivers.

Quite honestly, I'll be glad to see our secondary be turned over to the younger guys. Blackmon had a couple of decent games. But he's been a liability for a while. And although Thienemen was a leader and run stopper, he was also a liability versus faster tight ends and slot receivers.
thought Cason was pretty bad this year

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT