ADVERTISEMENT

Boilermakers on the big screen

It was football, instead of basketball, but there was a Purdue football game at Ross Ade that played for a couple of minutes in the movie Let's Be Cops.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
King of Queens...…...season 1 episode 7 The Rock

"Nine hundred and forty-nine channels. Oh, my. You know, I read these satellite microwaves can make you impotent. Hey, 949 channels, I say roll the dice. All right, gentlemen. If you're ready, let's watch some television. All right, college football. - Florida State at Purdue. - That's what I'm talking about. This is supposed to be a good game."

Reactions: Boilermaker24
In the movie Judgment Night that came out in the early 90’s, Cuba Godding Jr. wears a Purdue lettermen’s jacket. I’ve been wondering about the whereabouts of that jacket ever since.

Reactions: TX4GB
In the movie Judgment Night that came out in the early 90’s, Cuba Godding Jr. wears a Purdue lettermen’s jacket. I’ve been wondering about the whereabouts of that jacket ever since.
Yeah, and Dennis Leary had a disturbing quote in that move when he found the jacket. "I hate Purdue, they never win at anything". Loved the movie other than that.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
We are also regularly shown in AT&T (or maybe DirectTV?) ads when they show their sports offerings.
Yesterday I noticed Spectrum is showing Purdue basketball when talking about sports Chanel’s. I thought I heard one of the executives at direct tv was a Purdue grad.

emilio-estevez-and-cuba-gooding-jr-in-judgment-night-1993.jpg

Maybe not Purdue in Boyz N' the Hood but same color (no stinking green for MSU and red for IU)

ss3281707_-_cuba_gooding_jr_as_tre_styles_from_boyz_n_the_hood_poster_or_photograph_buy_now_at_starstills__32959__29879.1394496105.jpg

Reactions: BNIBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT