ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Petrino

boiler2288

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Paul Feinbaum is reporting that without support/ protection provided by AD Jurich, Petrino may be looking elsewhere soon. Not sure why he would walk from a 7 yr 34 mil contract but maybe the thinking is that Feds and NCAA are also looking into football program?

Certainly a lot to think about today, if you are employed in athletics dept at UL

I think I got this right. Jurich has received a 30 day notice to be relieved of his position as AD at UofL. So, he will not have much impact on Petrino's future at UofL. That's the way I see it.

Last edited:
Paul Feinbaum is reporting that without support/ protection provided by AD Jurich, Petrino may be looking elsewhere soon. Not sure why he would walk from a 7 yr 34 mil contract but maybe the thinking is that Feds and NCAA are also looking into football program?

Certainly a lot to think about today, if you are employed in athletics dept at UL
Other than Petrino coaching another 10+ years at UofL the timing couldn't be more ideal for Purdue. Brohm has 5 more years on his contract and Louisville is toxic. Maybe they get Brian but not Jeff.

I doubt Jeff Brohm would ever leave PU for UoL. He is going to be one of the hottest coaches in the country at some point, if not creeping toward that already.

Next year alone; LSU, UCLA, Nebraska, TENN, TX A&M, etc etc, could all be looking. You don't go from being a HUGE success at PU to UoL (a somewhat lateral move at best, even with his family history), you go to a top school/Blue-Blood.

I can see him leaving at some point, and hopefully leaving us in prime time shape, but not for paltry/ghetto-bird UoL (unless his career at PUR is basic, and he just wants to go home).

edit; not saying he'd leave next year for one of those schools I listed, just giving examples of historic "top schools"/Blue-Bloods that could be looking next year, and that opportunities to jump to an all-time great program are common after just about every season. No need for him (when that day comes) to settle for shithole UoL if he truly wants to leave (DON'T GO!!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: punaj and RDUBoiler
I doubt Jeff Brohm would ever leave PU for UoL. He is going to be one of the hottest coaches in the country at some point, if not creeping toward that already.

Next year alone; LSU, UCLA, Nebraska, TENN, TX A&M, etc etc, could all be looking. You don't go from being a HUGE success at PU to UoL (a somewhat lateral move at best, even with his family history), you go to a top school/Blue-Blood.

I can see him leaving at some point, and hopefully leaving us in prime time shape, but not for paltry/ghetto-bird UoL (unless his career at PUR is basic, and he just wants to go home).

edit; not saying he'd leave next year for one of those schools I listed, just giving examples of historic "top schools"/Blue-Bloods that could be looking next year, and that opportunities to jump to a all-time great program are common after just about every season. No need for him (when that day comes) to settle for shithole UoL if he truly wants to leave (DON'T GO!!!)
Cleanface...You did it again...Nailed it!!

edit; not saying he'd leave next year for one of those schools I listed, just giving examples of historic "top schools"/Blue-Bloods that could be looking next year, and that opportunities to jump to an all-time great program are common after just about every season. No need for him (when that day comes) to settle for shithole UoL if he truly wants to leave (DON'T GO!!!)

I can't see him going to a Texas, A&M, UCLA, LSU, Florida, Florida State. Proximity and community seem to matter the most. If he were to leave for a blue blood, it would likely be ND, Michigan, OSU, or maybe Tennessee. But here is the thing, if Purdue continues to invest in him and the program, he has zero reason to leave. I point to Clemson and Dabo. He could go anywhere and get paid and amount of money. But he is staying with the program he built. Had Purdue invested in Tiller, he would have ended with more success. If CJB can get through the first 4 years without being poached and really build something, I can't see him leaving.

Exactly. Louisville, even when it's peaking, is at best a lateral move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT