ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Dicken interview

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
really good, enjoyed his honesty in regards to his personality and opinions. Also, today at 6pm the 2003 replay of Purdue - Wisky and Orton to Stubblefield's great day.

I'm surprised he was as candid as he was about the party/beer/women lifestyle. But the honesty is refreshing.

For a guy that was snake bit for 3/4 of his college career, he had a hell of a year to go out on. I imagine I'd have made a couple late trips to Harry's if I were in his shoes too.

Which actually reminds me of one of my favorite stories from when I was doing grad school at Purdue. I lived around the corner from Harry's. It was grand prix week, 2007 (I think). I'm on my front porch drinking a beer and some girl falling out of her clothes is walking this guy (he's having some trouble) down the sidewalk at like 2PM. She's like "Do you know who Vinny Sutherland is?" I was like, yeah, he played here with Brees. Had a cup of coffee in the NFL as a kick returner with the 49ers I think. Then she says, "this is him!" Then I looked closer, made visual confirmation, and told her, "Cool. Good for you." And they went on their merry way.

Moral of the story: I should have tried harder to be good at sports.

Reactions: Tommaker and SKYDOG
I'm surprised he was as candid as he was about the party/beer/women lifestyle. But the honesty is refreshing.

For a guy that was snake bit for 3/4 of his college career, he had a hell of a year to go out on. I imagine I'd have made a couple late trips to Harry's if I were in his shoes too.

Which actually reminds me of one of my favorite stories from when I was doing grad school at Purdue. I lived around the corner from Harry's. It was grand prix week, 2007 (I think). I'm on my front porch drinking a beer and some girl falling out of her clothes is walking this guy (he's having some trouble) down the sidewalk at like 2PM. She's like "Do you know who Vinny Sutherland is?" I was like, yeah, he played here with Brees. Had a cup of coffee in the NFL as a kick returner with the 49ers I think. Then she says, "this is him!" Then I looked closer, made visual confirmation, and told her, "Cool. Good for you." And they went on their merry way.

If you can find it, read "Basketbawful" for the story on Matt Ten Damm. Shows that you can be Frankenstein and still pull in women by the bus load if you play at this level.

Reactions: TMFT

Threw darts one time with Billy at TA Tom’s back in the day. Super cool guy. And yeah I lost.

Reactions: TMFT and Purdue85
Played in a flag football tournament with him after his senior year. Wild to say the least but great fun! Stories I’d never post on here 😜
Just seemed like that guy who was always the best player on any team you were ever on, in any sport, a gamer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT