ADVERTISEMENT

Big swing and a miss by Britt

who would go to Iowa > Purdue? the Hawkeyes stock is going ⬇️ and Purdue is becoming a destination for football.

Because they’ve proven they can develop OL and get them to the league. I think it helps us with Bell because our offense is more friendly to WR’s than Iowa.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Because they’ve proven they can develop OL and get them to the league. I think it helps us with Bell because our offense is more friendly to WR’s than Iowa.

Brohm got Forrest Lamp drafted as the highest picked player in Western Kentucky history. It also doesn't take much to see what Brohm and staff accomplished with a bunch of 2-3 star players.

Luckily, I think the offensive line will be one of the strengths of this team next year. Adding Dennis Edwards will really help. You will see Purdue starting to put multiple linemen into the NFL.

Just lame to see in state Indy kids punishing Brohm for Hazell.
Capt. Kirk gets Britt, they sold him on their OL success like Wisky does w/ their OL and RB's.

images

Brohm got Forrest Lamp drafted as the highest picked player in Western Kentucky history. It also doesn't take much to see what Brohm and staff accomplished with a bunch of 2-3 star players.

Luckily, I think the offensive line will be one of the strengths of this team next year. Adding Dennis Edwards will really help. You will see Purdue starting to put multiple linemen into the NFL.

I would shoot for adequate. Weak at lg and your lt is recovering from acl surgery

I would shoot for adequate. Weak at lg and your lt is recovering from acl surgery

I like the additions of Beach, Edwards, and Stickford. Even with the injured players sitting out in the spring practice, the Oline looks good. If everybody comes back healthy and ready to roll, there will be an improved depth and skill level over what they had last year. I guess that's why they play the game. Also, I wouldn't rule Britt out as a flip either. Land Britt and have a good year with the Oline and who knows.

I like the additions of Beach, Edwards, and Stickford. Even with the injured players sitting out in the spring practice, the Oline looks good. If everybody comes back healthy and ready to roll, there will be an improved depth and skill level over what they had last year. I guess that's why they play the game. Also, I wouldn't rule Britt out as a flip either. Land Britt and have a good year with the Oline and who knows.

Beach is a center. We aren’t weak there

Edwards is at rg, which pushes McCann to rot otherwise I would say we were weak at rt

Beach is a center. We aren’t weak there

Edwards is at rg, which pushes McCann to rot otherwise I would say we were weak at rt

Beach can also play guard if needed and Stickford is a tackle. McKenna is good enough to play early if there is a dire need at tackle as well. Bramel likely red shirts though. My guess is that they want to redshirt both of them, but we shall see.

I know adequate isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would say the offensive line will be good and will be one of the highlights for the team. Obviously, can't predict injuries, but I like that group a lot. Can't wait for football season.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I expect Brohm will be able to flip a couple of recruits with 7-8 wins. I believe a couple of recruits went the safe route with their commitment. it's a long time before December.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
who would go to Iowa > Purdue? the Hawkeyes stock is going ⬇️ and Purdue is becoming a destination for football.

Lol 28 wins in last 3 seasons. But yeah, trending down. Brohm is a hell of a coach and Purdue has a bright future but Iowa isn't going anywhere.

Great win last season. My Hawks came out flat. They were inconsistent last year .But they also gave Urban Meyer his worst defeat in cfb last season

Lol 28 wins in last 3 seasons. But yeah, trending down. Brohm is a hell of a coach and Purdue has a bright future but Iowa isn't going anywhere.

Great win last season. My Hawks came out flat. They were inconsistent last year .But they also gave Urban Meyer his worst defeat in cfb last season
Always glad when Urban Meyer receives a Beat Down from anyone, thank you Iowa. But, when Iowa comes to W.Laf, I’m thinkin the Hawks are gonna get lit up by the BrohmSquad, just givin some advanced warning, we ain’t playin!

Reactions: destewart
Not sure I classify it as a big swing and miss. We wouldn’t be in the top 20 for Britt 2 years ago. Baby steps and I like it!

Will Britt be a center at Iowa, as Daniels was for the Hawkeyes?

James Daniels just left Iowa for the NFL, 2nd round pick of Bears.

He picked Iowa over Dad's alma mater, OSU, and Alabama.

With Britt's athleticism, it will be interesting to watch his development in the Big Ten.

I tore my ACL, and I am not much of an athlete. Hope he can bounce back from it.

He was lined up against Stephen Herron from Trinity Catholic (Louisville) in that game. Very good match-up. Sucks for that kid he got hurt.
I watched that game. I'm not sure when Justin tore his ACL but Herron was getting in the backfield with ease that game.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I watched that game. I'm not sure when Justin tore his ACL but Herron was getting in the backfield with ease that game.
Kind of like big men coming in to college for basketball, offensive lineman rarely are able to compete at the highest levels as freshman and take some time to get the proper technique and skill down to handle edge rushers in pass blocking situations. Herron is a speed rusher by trade and that can be hard to handle no matter the skill level of an OL at the high school level.

Kind of like big men coming in to college for basketball, offensive lineman rarely are able to compete at the highest levels as freshman and take some time to get the proper technique and skill down to handle edge rushers in pass blocking situations. Herron is a speed rusher by trade and that can be hard to handle no matter the skill level of an OL at the high school level.
There was some talk about potentially flipping Herron awhile back. Has that thought pretty much died down?

Yes. I must have missed the flip to Stanford. At least he's not going to Michigan now. Thanks for the info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT