ADVERTISEMENT

Bielema Out for Blood…

IronChefBBQ

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
Wonderful. I just read how Bielema is still upset with Walters taking other coaches, support staff, & players with him when he left plus Walters has apparently been running his about his time at Illinois. As I’ve posted before, I have absolutely no respect for Walters due to some recruiting stories that I heard second-hand from someone I’d trust with my life so I won’t be sad when he’s gone. That said, I don’t want to see our program decimated either and it sounds like a guarantee that a nearly 80 year old record for largest Illini margin of victory will fall in a couple hours as Bielema has his team fired-up & ready to be the reason their former coach loses the job that he abandoned them for…

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Frankly I don't blame him. And we beat them last season which had to be a bitter pill for Bielema to swallow. He's not going to go easy on us.

Wonderful. I just read how Bielema is still upset with Walters taking other coaches, support staff, & players with him when he left plus Walters has apparently been running his about his time at Illinois. As I’ve posted before, I have absolutely no respect for Walters due to some recruiting stories that I heard second-hand from someone I’d trust with my life so I won’t be sad when he’s gone. That said, I don’t want to see our program decimated either and it sounds like a guarantee that a nearly 80 year old record for largest Illini margin of victory will fall in a couple hours as Bielema has his team fired-up & ready to be the reason their former coach loses the job that he abandoned them for…
Even if he wasn’t out for blood, the score is going to look like he was!

Reactions: TC4THREE
Frankly I don't blame him. And we beat them last season…
Correction: Purdue flat- out kicked their azzes last year.

Help me understand - wasn’t fatso “out for blood” last year as well???😂😂

Illinois should dominate, but based on the fraudulent “defensive genius ” and the other “genui” he was so wigged out about losing, you’ll have to forgive me for not quaking at how “super motivated” the featherheads are purported to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I think Bert is the type of guy who’d run it up on anyone, so he certainly will tomorrow. Not sure how upset he is about the staff he lost to Walters, but I am sure he is pissed that those guys somehow kicked his ass last year.

On another note, during that game last year I remember thinking that Altmyer was just awful. A total joke. Doesn’t seem that way now. Funny how things change.

Reactions: pboiler18
Did you just imply that the only reason Walters signed certain recruits last year was because he lied to them? That he made promises he had no intention of keeping?

Walters did all the things Purdue fans accuse other coaches of doing?

Did you just imply that the only reason Walters signed certain recruits last year was because he lied to them? That he made promises he had no intention of keeping?

Walters did all the things Purdue fans accuse other coaches of doing?
I’m not “implying” anything; I’m stating it as a fact. I can’t speak for all recruits. Only one…

I think Bert is the type of guy who’d run it up on anyone, so he certainly will tomorrow. Not sure how upset he is about the staff he lost to Walters, but I am sure he is pissed that those guys somehow kicked his ass last year.

On another note, during that game last year I remember thinking that Altmyer was just awful. A total joke. Doesn’t seem that way now. Funny how things change.
Amazing what good off season coaching can do......

18, I really feel like IL,Michigan St. Northwestern and IU will be the teams that determine Walters fate.
OSU, OR and Penn St. We're baked in losses at the start of the season....Thoughts?
I thought Ore St, Nebby, Wisky, Ill, NW, MSU and IU were the games that we had shots in. Throw in the ISU auto win that’s 8 games we had shots in. And that’s coming off of 4 wins. I ignorant thought we’d be about the same this year.

WRONG!

Seeing how bad the the team was vs ND that was it right there. We are on a beeline to 1-11. MAYBE 2-10 if we catch somebody absolutely comatose for 60 minutes. Either way, it’s obvious this team quit on the coaches before the season even started. And worse yet the coaches let them down with a soft mentality.

DL significantly worse and you took your best returner on the unit, moved him positions and made that group worse. DBs I do think are a tick better but in this scheme it doesn’t really matter. The only difference now is that we are close enough to draw a PI vs whiff and give up the big play outright. We can’t cover flawlessly for a full 35 minutes of a game the D is out there so while we might get a stop here or there we will eventually give up chunks and big plays.

Any team you mentioned is light years ahead of us. Time to turn focus into salvaging the program and who will take the job. I don’t think many of the Walters guys stay and from what I’ve seen we may be better for some of that.

Long winded answer to your question…yes his fate was always tied to those teams/games but at this point it’s a foregone conclusion we will get absolutely waxed in every single one of those games vs our “peers”

Reactions: Bippus33
wow, sounds like some really vindictive types over there.
You included?

so what's the recruiting story you heard?

I thought Ore St, Nebby, Wisky, Ill, NW, MSU and IU were the games that we had shots in. Throw in the ISU auto win that’s 8 games we had shots in. And that’s coming off of 4 wins. I ignorant thought we’d be about the same this year.

WRONG!

Seeing how bad the the team was vs ND that was it right there. We are on a beeline to 1-11. MAYBE 2-10 if we catch somebody absolutely comatose for 60 minutes. Either way, it’s obvious this team quit on the coaches before the season even started. And worse yet the coaches let them down with a soft mentality.

DL significantly worse and you took your best returner on the unit, moved him positions and made that group worse. DBs I do think are a tick better but in this scheme it doesn’t really matter. The only difference now is that we are close enough to draw a PI vs whiff and give up the big play outright. We can’t cover flawlessly for a full 35 minutes of a game the D is out there so while we might get a stop here or there we will eventually give up chunks and big plays.

Any team you mentioned is light years ahead of us. Time to turn focus into salvaging the program and who will take the job. I don’t think many of the Walters guys stay and from what I’ve seen we may be better for some of that.

Long winded answer to your question…yes his fate was always tied to those teams/games but at this point it’s a foregone conclusion we will get absolutely waxed in every single one of those games vs our “peers”
I thought it was odd at the time. why did Walters move that defensive lineman to a different position ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT