ADVERTISEMENT

Biden the Coward

I posted a link, you should too.

It's in the Taliban's interest to get us out. If they start shooting Americans on September 1st it will just lead to an escalation, which no one wants.

The date could very well change. It's a fluid situation, circumstances don't remain the same. Believe it or not, there are things going on we know nothing about.
Thats funny Bob, I believe you know nothing about pretty much everything.

I posted a link, you should too.

It's in the Taliban's interest to get us out. If they start shooting Americans on September 1st it will just lead to an escalation, which no one wants.

The date could very well change. It's a fluid situation, circumstances don't remain the same. Believe it or not, there are things going on we know nothing about.
Oh wow. So suddenly you aren’t all knowing…better hope Biden grows a pair on this fluid situation. Taliban loves western headlines…and what better headline than “Taliban enforces deadline- Families mourn those left behind.”

Reactions: Crayfish57
Let's see how it all unfolds before already crying about outcomes that haven't happened yet.

If all the Americans are evacuated without a casualty, I'd call that a success.

As others have said, It's not in the Taliban's best interest to do anything to escalate anything with the Americans at this point. Both the taliban and the US want us out.

If you were an American in Afghanistan, knew anything about the history of the country, saw our Secretary of State posing for pics and striking a deal with the Taliban without the Afghan puppet govt there, would you not have started making travel plans then??

If you were an American in Afghanistan, knew anything about the history of the country, saw our Secretary of State posing for pics and striking a deal with the Taliban without the Afghan puppet govt there, would you not have started making travel plans then??
So it’s the fault of American citizens that terrorist savages (who want to kill them) have trapped them in that place? All routes to the airport are cut off.

Who knows why some people didn’t scramble to get the hell out of there earlier.

So, what happens on Aug 31st? What will Biden do if there's still American's or allies on the ground?

I know would Trump would do....
I know what Reagan would do...as well as JFK...even the Bushes and Clintons assuming no video was causing the problem. I would have to ask Susan Rice to better qualify my thoughts ;)

I know what Reagan would do...as well as JFK...even the Bushes and Clintons assuming no video was causing the problem. I would have to ask Susan Rice to better qualify my thoughts ;)
So not only do you know what what trump would have done in a hypothetical situation but you're also talented enough to speak to the ghosts of former long passed presidents? Bravo.

So not only do you know what what trump would have done in a hypothetical situation but you're also talented enough to speak to the ghosts of former long passed presidents? Bravo.
Not sure how old you are, but we have some historical understanding of Reagan and what he accomplished with the Iran hostage situation...even though a friend of the family member was a negotiator that couldn't get it done by the name of Ulric Haynes and passed away almost a year ago, Then we have an understanding of the substance JFK had in the early 60s when during the Cuban missle crisis. I don't need to speak, because those two already did, and made available the substance they contained regarding this country. Just history speaking...not me...

Not sure how old you are, but we have some historical understanding of Reagan and what he accomplished with the Iran hostage situation...even though a friend of the family member was a negotiator that couldn't get it done by the name of Ulric Haynes and passed away almost a year ago, Then we have an understanding of the substance JFK had in the early 60s when during the Cuban missle crisis. I don't need to speak, because those two already did, and made available the substance they contained regarding this country. Just history speaking...not me...
They are completely different situations under completely different circumstances. You can't infer anything.

What do you applaud Regan for accomplishing during the Iran hostage situation? He ultimately got the Americans released but he also let Americans be abused, beaten, and tortured by the Iranians while they were imprisoned. If that was happening now under Biden with the Taliban in Afghanistan, I'm sure you wouldn't be here singing his praises for how well he was doing.

They are completely different situations under completely different circumstances. You can't infer anything.

What do you applaud Regan for accomplishing during the Iran hostage situation? He ultimately got the Americans released but he also let Americans be abused, beaten, and tortured by the Iranians while they were imprisoned. If that was happening now under Biden with the Taliban in Afghanistan, I'm sure you wouldn't be here singing his praises for how well he was doing.
I don’t know how that’s remotely possible. The hostages were released the very day Reagan was inaugurated. Literally as he was entering office. Any abuse, beatings, torture happened under Jimmy Carter.

I don’t know how that’s remotely possible. The hostages were released the very day Reagan was inaugurated. Literally as he was entering office. Any abuse, beatings, torture happened under Jimmy Carter.
...and what was it after 400+ days as hostages?

Reactions: SDBoiler1

1) Trump's administration would have had a much more strategic and coherent evacuation plan
and 2) Trump would have issued an ultimatum to the Taliban (as opposed to Biden letting the US be dictated to) that said "if one single American is injured or killed during this process, you'll think the Shock and Awe offensive was a picnic."
And you know what, the Taliban would listen.

To be honest, I’m not sure why we should feel sorry for the Afghan people wanting to get out. Their army and government didn’t want to fight for their Republic. Now they’ve got an oppressive regime in place… seems like Americans would tell them to get their guns and fight back. America should absolutely support that kind of revolution, but we shouldn’t be needed to spearhead it.

As America has shown the world repeatedly, if you want freedom, at some point you have to fight for it yourselves, not hope someone comes to bail you out completely. At least when the French showed up, we had already basically won the war…

BS gets his info from internet memes. He looks for memes that say what he wishes was true and then repeats them on the forum.

Keep up the good work, BS...

To be honest, I’m not sure why we should feel sorry for the Afghan people wanting to get out. Their army and government didn’t want to fight for their Republic. Now they’ve got an oppressive regime in place… seems like Americans would tell them to get their guns and fight back. America should absolutely support that kind of revolution, but we shouldn’t be needed to spearhead it.

As America has shown the world repeatedly, if you want freedom, at some point you have to fight for it yourselves, not hope someone comes to bail you out completely. At least when the French showed up, we had already basically won the war…
Thanks for being honest about your cold-blooded disregard for those who helped us, and who are now being abandoned by us to a murderous, crazed religious cult.

So you think abandoning those that helped us is fine because of what we failed to do 15 years ago? You sound like a sociopath.
There is no winning in that place unless the US decided to be fully-engaged in that place. The US has not had the political will to do what it took there to win. Early on, we had a chance to finish off the Taliban and didn’t do it. They’ve obviously recuperated in 20 years.

There is no winning in that place unless the US decided to be fully-engaged in that place. The US has not had the political will to do what it took there to win. Early on, we had a chance to finish off the Taliban and didn’t do it. They’ve obviously recuperated in 20 years.
Bingo.

As the saying goes, “don’t throw good money after bad.”

Biden admin now saying they misspoke on 4K of Americans stranded in Afghanistan. Now saying around 1,000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT