ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the Chief

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
Biden's Chief of Staff is told there's a Native American Chief on the phone who's very angry.

After speaking to the Chief, the call is patched through to the President.

"What can I do for you Chief", asks Biden.

"Well sir, we're having some issues out here on the Res, and we need to speak in person or you may never get another vote from us."

"Well Chief, I'm going to be your way tomorrow, and I'll stop by if that's okay."

So, Biden arrives three days later, and to put it mildly, the Chief ain't happy.

Biden says, "So Chief, what's got your loin cloth all hiked up", to which the Tribal leader says, "There are three, the first being we have no water...our wells are dry and the White man is poisoning our rivers and streams, and we have no clean water for our people or horses."

Biden grabs his cell phone walks about 15 feet away, shouts loudly into the phone, walks back and tells the Chief, "We'll have drilling rigs here in two days, and you'll have all the water you need. Now what's the other issues."

"We have no medical facilities and no Doctors or nurses for my people, and our elderly are sick and dying."

Again, Biden takes out his cell phone, walks 20 feet away, and starts screaming into the phone for a full ten minutes, only to walk back and inform the Chief that by the end of next week the reservation will have two doctors and nurses, along with supplies, and by the end of the year, the reservation will have a fully staffed three story hospital with all the most modern equipment, along with a full medical staff. Now what's the other issue that's so important that you brought me out to this God forsaken place.""

"Well Sir, we have no cell towers, and no way to make phone calls".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT