ADVERTISEMENT

Berg…

Does it translate to the court next season?

In just a few months, the world will learn whether Purdue is rebuilding or reloading. I expect Berg will have a say in that revelation. Several preseason bball magazines pick the top frontcourts and the top backcourts. I expect Purdue to be on some of the backcourt lists, but our frontcourt will be overlooked, like last year's.

Does it translate to the court next season?

We know he can shoot and we also know he moves up and down the court quicker than Zach. We don't know anything about his endurance or how he will do when pushed down low by better players or how well he will defend people inside. That said even though it is garbage minutes many times he seems to fill the stat sheet.

In just a few months, the world will learn whether Purdue is rebuilding or reloading. I expect Berg will have a say in that revelation. Several preseason bball magazines pick the top frontcourts and the top backcourts. I expect Purdue to be on some of the backcourt lists, but our frontcourt will be overlooked, like last year's.
Purdue is reloading...maybe a 40 instead of a 357? ;)

Soooo TKR to start and then the BIG Swede/Big Wille Style off the bench next year? With Furst and one of/both burgess or jacobsen?
Seeing how this plays out will be very interesting. Trey, Fletch,Braden will get major minutes. Cam may also be in that group of major minutes. Myles can be...will he? Caleb can be...will he. Berg will play, but we don't know enough about him at this point. Then you have Kanon who can really turn it on when he wants. He too will get minutes. Harris/Cox who will emerge or will both? Jacobson will get a strong look, but won't be surprised if it isn't in his best interest to shirt as will Benter I imagine. It may not be as deadly as the 357, but that 40 will still put people on notice. ;)

Seeing how this plays out will be very interesting. Trey, Fletch,Braden will get major minutes. Cam may also be in that group of major minutes. Myles can be...will he? Caleb can be...will he. Berg will play, but we don't know enough about him at this point. Then you have Kanon who can really turn it on when he wants. He too will get minutes. Harris/Cox who will emerge or will both? Jacobson will get a strong look, but won't be surprised if it isn't in his best interest to shirt as will Benter I imagine. It may not be as deadly as the 357, but that 40 will still put people on notice. ;)
I still think opening night lineup is Furst/TKR/Colvin/Loyer/Smith, opening night, who knows where it finishes. I think Furst is given the first shot at the 5 next year. You got Heide, Kanon, Gicari, Berg probably as the first 9, maybe lol

Reactions: tjreese
So you don’t think Painter is going stay with trying to play TKR at the 4? 🙂
Not to me, but that is truly a hard one...only because we don't know how this team will shake out. I can see him at the 4 for some minutes, but that spot could very easily have Kanon there some or Cam goes to 4 and Kanon sees the 3 spot since he is a better ball handler and can do more handling the ball than Cam. I don't know what Kanon will do, but I know what he is capable. I forgot Burgess!

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
So you don’t think Painter is going stay with trying to play TKR at the 4? 🙂
Well I also forgot Kanon could be at the 4 but not sure he’s strong enough yet. But tbh, I think with this group next year the 4 and 5 can be interchangeable between whomever is playing them and then the 2-3 will be interchangeable. Braden will still run the show at 1, with Harris backing him up 5-7 min and then maybe Harris also filling in that lance role in the 2-3 spot.

There’s so much damn talent everywhere that I have no clue what is going to really happen haha. But I do know the bigs we have all can shoot, or have the ability to shoot the 3….which is very different than we’ve had in the past.

Not to me, but that is truly a hard one...only because we don't know how this team will shake out. I can see him at the 4 for some minutes, but that spot could very easily have Kanon there some or Cam goes to 4 and Kanon sees the 3 spot since he is a better ball handler and can do more handling the ball than Cam. I don't know what Kanon will do, but I know what he is capable. I forgot Burgess!
So many pieces for next year and guys that are able to play multiple positions. A lot of bigs can shoot it or put it on the deck. And the guard play!

No way to know but my guess is if Berg was ready for major minutes next season he'd have seen more minutes this season.

Might take a little more time for him. But then again lotta new faces next season so predicting is likely to have some misses.

Soooo TKR to start and then the BIG Swede/Big Wille Style off the bench next year? With Furst and one of/both burgess or jacobsen?
I would like to see TKR develop a regular looking turn around arms extended vertically ball off finger tips shot instead of relying on that curled up shot he does

I would like to see TKR develop a regular looking turn around arms extended vertically ball off finger tips shot instead of relying on that curled up shot he does
Yes, you would like to see him develop more of a face up game and jumper. He has driven the ball a time or two without the reverse dribble to score, but he is pretty much over the left shoulder jump hook as far as scoring

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I wouldn't go and say no way, but there are concerns due to questions with answers unknown on people coming in and potential development of existing players. I do like the ability to play power and finesse or big and small. How that time is split...who knows.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Does it translate to the court? From this video shooting with nobody guarding him except in a guy ten inches shorter? Who knows. Let’s see what he does over the summer, in practice and playing something other than garbage time. Last year at this time Colvin would start day one or by January according to the experts on this board viewing him playing against weak competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT