ADVERTISEMENT

Bentley, Blough, Bailey

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
Just a quick update on these 3 as I was glancing over the projected 53-man rosters. Hope I dont jinx anyone.

Blough: predicted to make the cut. Appears he's had a good training camp and Lions dont want to risk losing him. He will be the 3rd string QB behind Chase Daniel. UPDATE: he was cut in what appears to be a surprise move. He'll go on waivers. Let's see if he gets picked up.

Bentley: projected starter UPDATE: that's Captain Bentley.

Bailey: currently 2nd string WLB and it appears he will play early on given the the Bengals run a 3-4 and are only slated to carry 5 LBs. Great for him. UPDATE: appears to have made the team as I did not see his name appear on the waived list.

Side note: I expect Hopkins to make the cut. Not sure there was any doubt although hes currently 3rd string. The Rams thought highly of him in the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: bananabucket
Etling was cut off by the Seahawks today, even though he could still make the practice squad it said. I know he is not considered by some to be a Boiler, but I still think of him as such. Thought some people would be interested.

I actually see them with 6 LBs, and Bailey listed 5th. The article I read says they plan on playing a lot of nickel, so plently of 3-3-5. 6 CBs and 4 Ss made the roster.

I actually see them with 6 LBs, and Bailey listed 5th. The article I read says they plan on playing a lot of nickel, so plently of 3-3-5. 6 CBs and 4 Ss made the roster.
3-3-5 or 4-2-5. 3-3-5 is an awful alignment against run heavy teams like Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

The Bengals article was merely a prediction before cuts. I remember it saying to the effect while the base is 3-4, they dont actually show that look a lot. Either way great for Bailey, especially playing in his home state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT