ADVERTISEMENT

Bell

It is all about the right system. Bell having Love to throw to him is completely different than Rodgers being the QB. I am not sure that would be a benefit for him to go to the Packers, if Rodgers leaves.

I hope Bell gets into a situation with a up and coming young QB. He would be great if he could get into a situation with someone like the Chargers with Herbert and build up a relationship with a young gunslinger.

I thought the Cardinals wasted using Rondale's talents this last year. I realize that they have Hopkins and Green and others. However, they were talking about building certain plays for him. That fizzled out quickly as they basically just threw simple screen passes with no blockers. Hoping this changes next year for him.

I forgot. if rodgers leaves, Green bay would be a very bad place for any receiver to go with love as a QB. Then again, maybe they'll follow the cardinals' lead and use their first round pick to draft another QB to replace love.

I forgot. if rodgers leaves, Green bay would be a very bad place for any receiver to go with love as a QB. Then again, maybe they'll follow the cardinals' lead and use their first round pick to draft another QB to replace love.
Not sure anyone in this draft is that much of an upgrade over love.

Bell would look awesome in a packers jersey. The packers are known for their receivers who can catch the ball and run with it rather than having tremendous speed. Don driver wasn't extremely fast and neither is adams. if Rodgers leaves, Adams sure isn't going to stay.
yuck. They could do that because they had the most accurate downfield passer in the nfl for a long time and a guy named Brett favre. Plus will have new OC, new QB coach… will be very different system.

Also packers are $50m or so over the cap without Adams. That team will be in rebuild mode for a while.

Not sure anyone in this draft is that much of an upgrade over love.
I like Pickett but with how loaded the top 20 is with defensive studs I couldn’t justify taking him in the first and most of the late picks in the round don’t need a QB.

On the point of the OP, if Bell can break 4.5 I think you seem him jump to the mid-late first. Treylon Burks being the first WR off the board in some mocks is CRIMINAL. Reminds me of DK Metcalf. All Jersey team (looks good in the Jersey) but not anywhere close to being a top 20 talent.

I like Pickett but with how loaded the top 20 is with defensive studs I couldn’t justify taking him in the first and most of the late picks in the round don’t need a QB.

On the point of the OP, if Bell can break 4.5 I think you seem him jump to the mid-late first. Treylon Burks being the first WR off the board in some mocks is CRIMINAL. Reminds me of DK Metcalf. All Jersey team (looks good in the Jersey) but not anywhere close to being a top 20 talent.
Uh DK Metcalf is awesome

Reactions: Gemini95
Yep, same. I am 40 years old and have never seen the Packers without an amazing QB outside of when Rodgers was hurt that year.
Im about to be 42 and i remember the late 80s Packers teams under infante. They were turrible.

Im about to be 42 and i remember the late 80s Packers teams under infante. They were turrible.
The only guy I could remember was the Majik man, so I had to google. Majkowski got 6 MVP votes in 89 lol

Wasnt a 1000 yard WR this year. He’s a solid 3rd guy. Awesome isn’t the descriptor for him IMO
Oh come on. If you don't think he's awesome, fine. But to say he's a 3rd WR is just dumb. This guy has 3000+ yds and 29 TDs in his first 3 seasons. Plus Russ was hurt this year. He didn't miss that many games but he was not OK.

He’s the worst guy possible to judge off of his 40.. yeah if he ran a 4.7 sure.. but even at a 4.55 he can be very good in the NFL. Jerry rice wasn’t any faster

Yes - Rice wasn't particularly noteworthy from a combine perspective, but he had uncanny ability to break away on the field. Would have likely gone to Dallas if Walsh hadn't traded up for him with New England. Some also forget he had a bunch of drops his rookie year...once he got over that.....well, the rest is history as they say - he was a perfect fit in the WCO with Montana and later, Young.

Yes - Rice wasn't particularly noteworthy from a combine perspective, but he had uncanny ability to break away on the field. Would have likely gone to Dallas if Walsh hadn't traded up for him with New England. Some also forget he had a bunch of drops his rookie year...once he got over that.....well, the rest is history as they say - he was a perfect fit in the WCO with Montana and later, Young.
Bell breaks away in YAC similarly

I remember the Packers when Lombardi was coaching them. I watched the Ice bowl on our 19 inch black and white TV. the picture was a little snowy.

to my point, if Adams were to leave and due to salary cap issues, bell would be the perfect type of receiver to replace him. the packers would need Bell to run the routes and make the clutch catches. The packers have always placed a priority on the ability to catch the ball and run with it over blazing speed. Nobody runs fast in January at Green Bay.

While this year's draft may not be filled with QBs that are much of an improvement over Love, I'm confident there will be many free agent QBs looking for a cheap one year deal the packers could sign if Rodgers does leave.

Unfortunately for Bell, if Rodgers stays, then the packers will find some financial magic and Adams will stay, and there would be no reason to draft Bell. and to the doubters, the packers were way over the salary cap at this time of the year last year and found a way through contract restructuring and roster cuts to keep Rodgers and still be under the cap.

As a Packers fan, I'd love to see Bell wearing a Packers uniform. and i have to believe he would be available when they draft. We'll see how it plays out.

I remember the Packers when Lombardi was coaching them. I watched the Ice bowl on our 19 inch black and white TV. the picture was a little snowy.

to my point, if Adams were to leave and due to salary cap issues, bell would be the perfect type of receiver to replace him. the packers would need Bell to run the routes and make the clutch catches. The packers have always placed a priority on the ability to catch the ball and run with it over blazing speed. Nobody runs fast in January at Green Bay.

While this year's draft may not be filled with QBs that are much of an improvement over Love, I'm confident there will be many free agent QBs looking for a cheap one year deal the packers could sign if Rodgers does leave.

Unfortunately for Bell, if Rodgers stays, then the packers will find some financial magic and Adams will stay, and there would be no reason to draft Bell. and to the doubters, the packers were way over the salary cap at this time of the year last year and found a way through contract restructuring and roster cuts to keep Rodgers and still be under the cap.

As a Packers fan, I'd love to see Bell wearing a Packers uniform. and i have to believe he would be available when they draft. We'll see how it plays out.
It’s not happening. Rodgers is gone and Love is their QB. It’s not cap magic it’s cap deferral you cant count on it every year. They are in cap hell partially because of what they did last year, you can’t keep kicking the can down the road. They will do some restructurings and cuts and get creative to possibly save Adams but Rodgers has one foot out the door. Also I think bell is not a one dimensions WR but it’s irrelevant since you talk like the packers as a team Carry the same strategy for offense since you watched them on the old black and white. They have a new OC who will surely have a say in the players they draft. The coach and GM haven’t been around much and in case you missed it they tend not to draft WRs early.

Adams was a second round pick. They have used their first round pick on receivers. The year they drafted Love they had 2 receivers targeted as their first round pick. They moved up in the draft to actually draft a Wr. Unfortunately the two they targeted were drafted right before they drafted and the GM panicked and went against the advice of his coaches and staff and tried to make a big splash and drafted Love rather than settle for their 3rd choice at receiver. One of the receivers they had planned to draft was drafted by the Vikings. They drafted Wr Rodgers of Clemson last year in the third round. Many had predicted he would be a late first round pick.

the Packers new offensive coordinator has been with the Packers a few years. I doubt he will change the offense.

and there is a lot of buzz from players and coaches that Love is just as bad now as he was his last year in college and he is not the guy they will build a team around.

as for the salary cap issues, almost every play-off team has the same issues. The Rams and Tampa bay have the exact same problem. The Rams can’t afford to keep OBJ without cutting somebody else or massive contract restructuring. The Packers have cap issues every year and find a way.

one speculation is that the Packers would place a franchise tag on adams not to keep him but to be able to trade him. Cobb will not be brought back. And mvs is a FA.

if Rodgers and adams and mvs all leave, the Packers will be looking for a new WR. And as I said, Bell fits the description of a possession receiver who runs the middle routes and has good hands and can run with the ball after the catch. The Packers have a very long history of possession type receivers! Driver. Jennings Nelson, adams, Cobb, sharpe. Walker.

Adams was a second round pick. They have used their first round pick on receivers. The year they drafted Love they had 2 receivers targeted as their first round pick. They moved up in the draft to actually draft a Wr. Unfortunately the two they targeted were drafted right before they drafted and the GM panicked and went against the advice of his coaches and staff and tried to make a big splash and drafted Love rather than settle for their 3rd choice at receiver. One of the receivers they had planned to draft was drafted by the Vikings. They drafted Wr Rodgers of Clemson last year in the third round. Many had predicted he would be a late first round pick.

the Packers new offensive coordinator has been with the Packers a few years. I doubt he will change the offense.

and there is a lot of buzz from players and coaches that Love is just as bad now as he was his last year in college and he is not the guy they will build a team around.

as for the salary cap issues, almost every play-off team has the same issues. The Rams and Tampa bay have the exact same problem. The Rams can’t afford to keep OBJ without cutting somebody else or massive contract restructuring. The Packers have cap issues every year and find a way.

one speculation is that the Packers would place a franchise tag on adams not to keep him but to be able to trade him. Cobb will not be brought back. And mvs is a FA.

if Rodgers and adams and mvs all leave, the Packers will be looking for a new WR. And as I said, Bell fits the description of a possession receiver who runs the middle routes and has good hands and can run with the ball after the catch. The Packers have a very long history of possession type receivers! Driver. Jennings Nelson, adams, Cobb, sharpe. Walker.
full of inaccuracies

1. Adams was drafted in 2014! 8 years ago. Years before the current GM and coach was around.

2. Packers GM has had 4 drafts and never drafted a WR in first two rounds. Drafting someone in the third round and saying he could have been a first round pick doesn’t count, if he wasn’t picked in the first round he’s not a first round pick. Also he took a TON of heat when in 2020 they didn’t use their first two picks on a WR when it was an obvious need.

3. You are making up that they traded up to get a WR, they drafted a QB. The guys I assume you think they were trying to get were already picked when they did the trade and have publicly stated the trade was to get Love. I trust the Packers on their publicly stated and factually supported intentions. Not Wolegib.

4. No only two teams in cap he’ll are saints and packers. Saints are worst and didn’t even go to playoffs. Packers are $50m, third worst team is $21m. Not the same things. Perennial playoff contender chiefs are under the cap and super bowl team Bengals are over $50m under the cap. You mention Tampa bay but they are under the cap and will be $15m when they officially take Brady out post june 1.

5. It is reported packers can’t tag Adams and trade him unless they are under the cap so need to shed about $75m before they can trade him, not likely. More likely is they tag and then make deals throughout off-season to fit him in. You can’t franchise someone and trade them unless you are under the cap when you make the trade which if they are why wouldn’t they just keep him?

Last edited:
full of inaccuracies

1. Adams was drafted in 2014! 8 years ago. Years before the current GM and coach was around.

2. Packers GM has had 4 drafts and never drafted a WR in first two rounds. Drafting someone in the third round and saying he could have been a first round pick doesn’t count, if he wasn’t picked in the first round he’s not a first round pick. Also he took a TON of heat when in 2020 they didn’t use their first two picks on a WR when it was an obvious need.

3. You are making up that they traded up to get a WR, they drafted a QB. The guys I assume you think they were trying to get were already picked when they did the trade and have publicly stated the trade was to get Love. I trust the Packers on their publicly stated and factually supported intentions. Not Wolegib.

4. No only two teams in cap he’ll are saints and packers. Saints are worst and didn’t even go to playoffs. Packers are $50m, third worst team is $21m. Not the same things. Perennial playoff contender chiefs are under the cap and super bowl team Bengals are over $50m under the cap. You mention Tampa bay but they are under the cap and will be $15m when they officially take Brady out post june 1.

5. It is reported packers can’t tag Adams and trade him unless they are under the cap so need to shed about $75m before they can trade him, not likely. More likely is they tag and then make deals throughout off-season to fit him in. You can’t franchise someone and trade them unless you are under the cap when you make the trade which if they are why wouldn’t they just keep him?
You must be new to Wole's posting. He has no time for facts

I've bee n proven right so many times it's not even worth mentioning here. and NA T knows it but will never admit it.

1. the packers have run the same offense for the last 10 years. the y keep saying they're going to run more, but they never do. The packers primary passing attack has always been a possession game with receivers running after the catch. Sure, they throw deep, but it's not their primary means of passing. The y like to run slants over the middle, and outs to the sidelines. throw in a bunch of short passes to running backs and their tight ends usually block.

1a. the packers have used first round picks on WRs in the past. The problems have been the ones they drafted were awesome receivers with long careers negating the requirement to continually use first round picks drafting receivers. While not a first round pick, Driver negated the need to draft a receiver for a while. Cobb and nelson were not first round picks either, but Walker, Sharpe an d Jennings were. Yancy was a packer for a couple of years. he wasn't a first round pick either.

2. there are many links to the love pick and what the plan was prior to that pick. i suggest you spend 30 minutes and do a search. Gute called an audible after his two primary targets were drafted. he went into the draft wit h the intentions of drafting a Wr in the first round. when his 2 intended picks were gone, he went to the best available player on his draft board . love was not his intended pick. Look it up!

3. tampa bay is currently way over the Cap. brady is still on their books. Just because a guy says he intends to retire doesn't mean he will . ever heard of a guy name favre ? Tampa can make no moves until brady is officially off their books. take a look at the rams. OBJ isn't going to play for a minimum salary next year. He will want at least what the browns paid him. All play-off teams face some sort of CAP issues in resigning their veteran players. Those currently under the cap are only under it because they have unsigned players.

4. at this time last year, the packers were over the cap. But they found a way to get under it. there is an article published today that the Packers have every intention of keeping Rodgers and finding a way to get under the cap once again.

5,. many other reports have speculated about applying a franchise tag to Adams and then trading him. that wasn't one of my wild ideas. you say it can't happen unless the packers are under the CAP. i say the packers will be under the cap. So once they are under the cap, it can easily become a reality. However, i believe the packers willl sign both rodgers and adams.

I once had to post 5 links for every one of my posts to prove the basis of my thoughts. I'm not doing it anymore. i don't care if you don't believe me.

7. Denver did inquire about rodgers last year. However, they and every other team were unwilling to meat the Packers' asking price. and that asking price isn't going to change any time soon. You can believe all the speculation you want. Rodgers isn't going anywhere. and therefore, Adams isn't going anywhere. and thus, bell will not become a packer.

8. and NAT, you've actually been wrong before. Need i remind you? again?

as for bell, he would be the type of receiver the packers would draft and utilize if they were actually in the market for a receiver. But they won't be. and like moore, i doubt he'll be a first round pick.

I try to make my posts briefer, but you don't like my generalities. If you people really need facts, i suggest you look them up yourselves. On more than one occasion I've proven myself to be right. One last question. Were the packers way over the cap last year at this time? YES !!!! Did they find a way to get under it? yes ! You want some crow pie with your fries?

if you want actual information about the pckers, i suggest you join a packers forum rather than a Purdue forum.

I've bee n proven right so many times it's not even worth mentioning here. and NA T knows it but will never admit it.

1. the packers have run the same offense for the last 10 years. the y keep saying they're going to run more, but they never do. The packers primary passing attack has always been a possession game with receivers running after the catch. Sure, they throw deep, but it's not their primary means of passing. The y like to run slants over the middle, and outs to the sidelines. throw in a bunch of short passes to running backs and their tight ends usually block.

1a. the packers have used first round picks on WRs in the past. The problems have been the ones they drafted were awesome receivers with long careers negating the requirement to continually use first round picks drafting receivers. While not a first round pick, Driver negated the need to draft a receiver for a while. Cobb and nelson were not first round picks either, but Walker, Sharpe an d Jennings were. Yancy was a packer for a couple of years. he wasn't a first round pick either.

2. there are many links to the love pick and what the plan was prior to that pick. i suggest you spend 30 minutes and do a search. Gute called an audible after his two primary targets were drafted. he went into the draft wit h the intentions of drafting a Wr in the first round. when his 2 intended picks were gone, he went to the best available player on his draft board . love was not his intended pick. Look it up!

3. tampa bay is currently way over the Cap. brady is still on their books. Just because a guy says he intends to retire doesn't mean he will . ever heard of a guy name favre ? Tampa can make no moves until brady is officially off their books. take a look at the rams. OBJ isn't going to play for a minimum salary next year. He will want at least what the browns paid him. All play-off teams face some sort of CAP issues in resigning their veteran players. Those currently under the cap are only under it because they have unsigned players.

4. at this time last year, the packers were over the cap. But they found a way to get under it. there is an article published today that the Packers have every intention of keeping Rodgers and finding a way to get under the cap once again.

5,. many other reports have speculated about applying a franchise tag to Adams and then trading him. that wasn't one of my wild ideas. you say it can't happen unless the packers are under the CAP. i say the packers will be under the cap. So once they are under the cap, it can easily become a reality. However, i believe the packers willl sign both rodgers and adams.

I once had to post 5 links for every one of my posts to prove the basis of my thoughts. I'm not doing it anymore. i don't care if you don't believe me.

7. Denver did inquire about rodgers last year. However, they and every other team were unwilling to meat the Packers' asking price. and that asking price isn't going to change any time soon. You can believe all the speculation you want. Rodgers isn't going anywhere. and therefore, Adams isn't going anywhere. and thus, bell will not become a packer.

as for bell, he would be the type of receiver the packers would draft and utilize if they were actually in the market for a receiver. But they won't be. and like moore, i doubt he'll be a first round pick.

I try to make my posts briefer, but you don't like my generalities. If you people really need facts, i suggest you look them up yourselves. On more than one occasion I've proven myself to be right. One last question. Were the packers way over the cap last year at this time? YES !!!! Did they find a way to get under it? yes ! You want some crow pie with your fries?
Chill out. It’s ok to be wrong.

i believe you the packers wanted to draft a wr and didn't. But it doesn’t change the FACT their GM has not drafted a WR in the first two rounds in his first four years

Tampa is NOT over the cap. My source is OVerthecap.com which often is referenced as they do the best job in tracking teams. You are supporting my side of the argument, Brady is still on their list but when he retires (or plays for another team) they will get an additional $12m in cap space. All FACTs

you are 100% correct thr packers got under the cap last year. The biggest way to do that other than cutting players is to restructure contracts. What that means is they convert salary into signing bonuses so their 2021 salary cap hits would be DEFERRED to 2022 and beyond. You can’t do that every year and that is why the packers are $50m over the cap. Same with the saints.
Rodgers will not restructure its the last year of his contract and he already madvoid years and I don’t see him singing an extension. $46m hit. Z Smith has a $28m cap hit because when he restructured last year he pushed like $8m into this year. Only way he can lower that is to sign an extension and even then he has so much dead money it won’t help much.
The list goes on. Bahktari is next and they made so much of his salaries bonus his salary is almost league minimum so you can’t do much there.
It keeps going.
i did see an article where it showed a roadmap to get there but basically everyone had to sign a team friendly extension and it assumed Cobb would voluntarily give up his $9m salary for league minimum. Pie in the sky. It’s possible but highly unlikely.

Packers message board posts from kids sitting in their moms basements who have no knowledge of how a salary cap works don’t count as articles.

please don’t let facts get in the way.

Chill out. It’s ok to be wrong.

i believe you the packers wanted to draft a wr and didn't. But it doesn’t change the FACT their GM has not drafted a WR in the first two rounds in his first four years

Tampa is NOT over the cap. My source is OVerthecap.com which often is referenced as they do the best job in tracking teams. You are supporting my side of the argument, Brady is still on their list but when he retires (or plays for another team) they will get an additional $12m in cap space. All FACTs

you are 100% correct thr packers got under the cap last year. The biggest way to do that other than cutting players is to restructure contracts. What that means is they convert salary into signing bonuses so their 2021 salary cap hits would be DEFERRED to 2022 and beyond. You can’t do that every year and that is why the packers are $50m over the cap. Same with the saints.
Rodgers will not restructure its the last year of his contract and he already madvoid years and I don’t see him singing an extension. $46m hit. Z Smith has a $28m cap hit because when he restructured last year he pushed like $8m into this year. Only way he can lower that is to sign an extension and even then he has so much dead money it won’t help much.
The list goes on. Bahktari is next and they made so much of his salaries bonus his salary is almost league minimum so you can’t do much there.
It keeps going.
i did see an article where it showed a roadmap to get there but basically everyone had to sign a team friendly extension and it assumed Cobb would voluntarily give up his $9m salary for league minimum. Pie in the sky. It’s possible but highly unlikely.

Packers message board posts from kids sitting in their moms basements who have no knowledge of how a salary cap works don’t count as articles.

please don’t let facts get in the way.
sorry guy - you're giving your opinions now, not facts.

as for your comment about packers fan forums being a bunch of kids posting from their mom's basement, i believe if i were you i'd reassess that statement before i show those "kids" your post. Most of those "kids" are over 30 and drive semis.

30 straight years of first ballot HOF QB play. Packers and their fans are about to experience football like many of them have never seen before.
Not so fast. Rodgers hasn’t made anything official yet, and might be warming up to the front offices. He may be a Dick, but he is still our NFL MVP Dick 😀.

Your posts are so voluminous and you throw so much shit against the wall, youre bound to be correct some of the time. You should be more worried about hit rate, id put that below 50%

Not so fast. Rodgers hasn’t made anything official yet, and might be warming up to the front offices. He may be a Dick, but he is still our NFL MVP Dick 😀.
yeah yeah I'm sure he'll be back. But his days are numbered anyway and they have a lot to do to keep both he and Adams. My thoughts are that Rodgers' QB coach is about ready to coach Justin Fields to the top of the North, where he will remain for the next decade :)

Getting back to Bell, I am seeing alot of draftniks not as high on him as we would have thought. Todd McShay does not have Bell in his Top 10 at WR. Some guys have him in the 3rd round. He really needs to run well.

Getting back to Bell, I am seeing alot of draftniks not as high on him as we would have thought. Todd McShay does not have Bell in his Top 10 at WR. Some guys have him in the 3rd round. He really needs to run well.
I think a lot can change after the combine in a couple of weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT