ADVERTISEMENT

Before Defeat, Biden Asked Ghani to Lie in Quid Pro Quo

ecouch

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2003
In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

Biden told Ghani that if Afghanistan’s prominent political figures were to give a press conference together, backing a new military strategy, “that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclu...n-pressed-ghani-change-perception-2021-08-31/

Interesting transcript. Perhaps an investigation is in order.

The White House Tuesday declined to comment on the call.

Just an oopsie.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

Biden told Ghani that if Afghanistan’s prominent political figures were to give a press conference together, backing a new military strategy, “that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclu...n-pressed-ghani-change-perception-2021-08-31/

Interesting transcript. Perhaps an investigation is in order.

The White House Tuesday declined to comment on the call.

Just an oopsie.

July 2021:

Biden to America: “The Taliban overrunning everything & owning the whole country is highly unlikely."

Biden to Afghan President Ghani: "Things are not going well... whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

What do we do about this?

July 2021:

Biden to America: “The Taliban overrunning everything & owning the whole country is highly unlikely."

Biden to Afghan President Ghani: "Things are not going well... whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

What do we do about this?
We will provide air support if you lie for me. 🙉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT