ADVERTISEMENT

Bat signals everywhere

A lot of bodies were added up front over the previous few classes. They are gaining size and have needed length. Now it’s a matter of them putting it together. Reveire, Marks, Johnson, will be in the rotation this year with Watts and Neal. Stokes, Fauchaux, Sullivan, and Kpaka are gaining size and strength and likely a year or so away.
I think Kpaka is still more of an outside guy (SDE) in our coaches plans based on this. Also, it does not seem like size is an issue for Faucheux. I read sometime around the Spring Game that he's 6'5" - 285lbs. Hopefully he can contribute this season and work into that rotation as a matter of preference and potential rather than out of an urgent necessity.

On paper it seems like an underwhelming pick up. Since it's early in the process, I'm sure the coaches see a kid that can play and is much better than his ranking.
This early in the process, I trust that the coaches really like the kid’s potential. I’d be more concerned about the ranking if this was January and we were just trying to fill a class.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I guess we know the answer to Coleman and Parker now, because I don’t see us taking another LB.

This early in the process, I trust that the coaches really like the kid’s potential. I’d be more concerned about the ranking if this was January and we were just trying to fill a class.
I’m guessing the other LB targets have said no. I don’t know but how many LBs does Purdue take? Don’t forget we have Ben Kreul in the fold which I think is ranked in top 30 at his position

I guess we know the answer to Coleman and Parker now, because I don’t see us taking another LB.

Don’t forget Jones and Berrong. I have faith in Brohm’s staff identifying talent, but I am not sure a risk here was the best move with the huge need on the DL as well as Harper on the OL and Carr at WR.

Coleman moved on because he wants to be a RB and we don’t have the room to take 2 RBs. Think that was evident when right after his visit he gets a Northwestern CB.

Don’t forget Jones and Berrong. I have faith in Brohm’s staff identifying talent, but I am not sure a risk here was the best move with the huge need on the DL as well as Harper on the OL and Carr at WR.

Coleman moved on because he wants to be a RB and we don’t have the room to take 2 RBs. Think that was evident when right after his visit he gets a Northwestern CB.
I don’t think that Brohm/Holt probably see this as the risk that fans do.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I don’t think that Brohm/Holt probably see this as the risk that fans do.

Need DL bad and he isn’t Jones or Berrong. It isn’t a knock on the kid, he could turn out to be special, but he needs to add at least 20 pounds at least. Jones and Berrong don’t have near as far to go size wise. So when I refer to it as a risk, that is what I am referring to.

Need DL bad and he isn’t Jones or Berrong. It isn’t a knock on the kid, he could turn out to be special, but he needs to add at least 20 pounds at least. Jones and Berrong don’t have near as far to go size wise. So when I refer to it as a risk, that is what I am referring to.
Temple just got a recruit from Chicago, D. Morris a 6'3 285 3 star DL.

It is Kane. Welcome to Purdue!

Beasts Of The East‏@BeastsOfEast 12m12 minutes ago
BREAKING: @blairbucs 2020 DB @SanoussiKane1 commits to #Purdue....talks about competing for national championships with the #Boilermakers, the “East Coast Takeover”, and more: https://beastsofeast.home.blog/2019/06/29/sanoussi-kane-commits-to-purdue-boilermakers-football/… #BoilerUp #HammerDown #BeastOfTheEast @SaylorBlairFB

D-O8aIKWkAAe6U4.jpg

Eron Hodges, Alex Gleitman, Coach George and 7 others

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
https://beastsofeast.home.blog/2019/06/29/sanoussi-kane-commits-to-purdue-boilermakers-football/

I did like a couple of items below in this article above. I love the part of being able to compete against anyone and that he is going to be like Murphy in keeping the East Coast pipeline coming. Is there any DT or DE that we are going after on the East Coast?

Kane plans to enroll early at Purdue in January of 2020, following his senior season. While he wants to help the Bucs win a league and state title first, he already has his eyes on some team and individual goals for his college career.

“My biggest goal is to win a national championship,” he stated confidently. “I think right now we’re on track to do it. We’re getting a lot of great players in this year’s class. Last year’s class was also a great class. I think we have the foundation to go compete with the Clemsons, the Ohio States, the Alabamas of the world.

Finally, now that he’s committed to the program, Kane plans on helping the staff to put some other players in Black and Gold.

“We’re going to try and get Cullen Coleman, definitely,” he said. “Anyone that the staff says we need, I’m going to try to go after. Max Melton, from Jersey, is another one. He may be hard to swing from Rutgers, because his brother goes there, but we’re going to try and get him. I definitely want to help get the East Coast pipeline to Purdue flowing.”

Ya gotta like getting a commit from a kid like Kane who says
“My biggest goal is to win a national championship, I think right now we’re on track to do it. We’re getting a lot of great players in this year’s class. Last year’s class was also a great class. I think we have the foundation to go compete with the Clemsons, the Ohio States, the Alabamas of the world."

Another one? This was posted few hours after Kane committed.

Purdue is after Melton hard and the other Nor’easters are recruiting him hard as well. He just took an official to Rutgers and said his decision got much more difficult after that. I think Purdue was the favorite, but I believe his brother plays for Rutgers as well. Purdue absolutely should take a CB, I was just surprised by them taking two safeties with all the other needs.

The other option is Coleman, but I believe he wants to be an RB at the next level. Purdue needs him at LB. Not to mention, Northwestern stacked up some CB picks on 6/25, so I would say it’s likely not Coleman.

Purdue is after Melton hard and the other Nor’easters are recruiting him hard as well. He just took an official to Rutgers and said his decision got much more difficult after that. I think Purdue was the favorite, but I believe his brother plays for Rutgers as well. Purdue absolutely should take a CB, I was just surprised by them taking two safeties with all the other needs.

The other option is Coleman, but I believe he wants to be an RB at the next level. Purdue needs him at LB. Not to mention, Northwestern stacked up some CB picks on 6/25, so I would say it’s likely not Coleman.

I’m wonder if Purdue is done chasing LBers at this point. You have Wahlbergs blueshirt along with Tripletts greyshirt coming off with two linebacker commits (Kreul and Washington). Taking Watkins as a LEO would seem to be enough.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I’m wonder if Purdue is done chasing LBers at this point. You have Wahlbergs blueshirt along with Tripletts greyshirt coming off with two linebacker commits (Kreul and Washington). Taking Watkins as a LEO would seem to be enough.

Purdue has had some absolute studs at LB in recent years. I feel like we should be able to land somebody ready to help right away (I think they are fine this year obviously with Jones/Holt/MB). I do like Alexander, but he has a ways to go and he is the most ready to help out of the young guys.

They have added six in the last two years so they may be done. I was really hoping for one of the top targets. Jones and Berrong are going to be monsters and they have the ability to help right away. I certainly don’t think they take a LB just for the sake of taking one, but I think Jones and Berrong are the kind of guys that bring you to the next level.

Reactions: 59hawkeyeson
Purdue has had some absolute studs at LB in recent years. I feel like we should be able to land somebody ready to help right away (I think they are fine this year obviously with Jones/Holt/MB). I do like Alexander, but he has a ways to go and he is the most ready to help out of the young guys.

They have added six in the last two years so they may be done. I was really hoping for one of the top targets. Jones and Berrong are going to be monsters and they have the ability to help right away. I certainly don’t think they take a LB just for the sake of taking one, but I think Jones and Berrong are the kind of guys that bring you to the next level.

Be interesting to see if Jaqurios Smith is as good as a coverage backer as they thought

Ya gotta like getting a commit from a kid like Kane who says
“My biggest goal is to win a national championship, I think right now we’re on track to do it. We’re getting a lot of great players in this year’s class. Last year’s class was also a great class. I think we have the foundation to go compete with the Clemsons, the Ohio States, the Alabamas of the world."
This. Gotta love this kid.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-boilermakers-football-recruiting-sanoussi-kane-1

ADVERTISEMENT