ADVERTISEMENT

Based on the Louisville AD’s words in this interview, I think Brohm is staying.

He's managing expectations or playing poker. I don't think you can read too much into it.

Again, it's not a "no." He's dancing around the issue. Can't believe there wouldn't have been an interview already, if Brohm had any interest.

I think someone else on this forum had it right: It's not the right time for Brohm to leave Purdue. He's building something, has something really great going on, and doesn't want to burn bridges with UofL, the fans, etc. So, IMHO, if this is all correct, this is an effort to make it look like they're not pursuing each other at the moment.

If that's what's really happening, I think it's one really smart move, for both parties.

I don't know if Brohm will ever land at UofL, but there's no reason to completely p*ss off the fans, not matter how idiotic they behave on a Purdue football forum.

Now being spun by UofL fans as Tyra simply taking his time on the decision. And I think that is probably what Tyra wants the takeaway to be from this interview. But make no mistake, whatever is going on THAT is not it. With the early signing period AD's with football coaching vacancies are working around the clock to get their coach signed ASAP. Most of these positions will be filled this week to give the new coach 2 weeks to recruit like crazy. You can't simply take a mulligan on an entire recruiting class.

I expect the new UofL coach to be announced this week regardless of who it is, and if it goes past tomorrow there is no way it is Brohm. If there was interest from Brohm there would have been an interview today at the latest. Tyra will be on to his third or fourth choice by Wednesday.

Again, it's not a "no." He's dancing around the issue. Can't believe there wouldn't have been an interview already, if Brohm had any interest.

I think someone else on this forum had it right: It's not the right time for Brohm to leave Purdue. He's building something, has something really great going on, and doesn't want to burn bridges with UofL, the fans, etc. So, IMHO, if this is all correct, this is an effort to make it look like they're not pursuing each other at the moment.

If that's what's really happening, I think it's one really smart move, for both parties.

I don't know if Brohm will ever land at UofL, but there's no reason to completely p*ss off the fans, not matter how idiotic they behave on a Purdue football forum.

If i were Brohm, I would be upset with how the news media in "my city" have bungled this whole thing. It really is like Tennessee 2.0...sports writers claiming "done deal", throwing out dates, etc... This all creates expectations and a narrative which, IF he leaves, creates ill-will and hard feelings.

News in general in this country is a joke but for people who supposedly love Brohm and his family...they sure screwed him.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Gotta disagree with you mrb. I have heard no news org in Louisville say anything was a done deal. I have heard none at the university say it was a done deal. I have heard many fans that dont know anything for sure say it was a done deal but they are speculating. As I have stated on here before, I know Jeff and his family for years, we went to same church(St. Bernard). I have very good friend that was JB guest on sideline for OSU game and I can tell you that nobody's saying anything if they know something. We will all just have to wait and see what Jeff does. It is what it is. The UL job is his if he wants it. If not we get someone else. In the end were both going to be ok. Good luck

Gotta disagree with you mrb. I have heard no news org in Louisville say anything was a done deal. I have heard none at the university say it was a done deal. I have heard many fans that dont know anything for sure say it was a done deal but they are speculating. As I have stated on here before, I know Jeff and his family for years, we went to same church(St. Bernard). I have very good friend that was JB guest on sideline for OSU game and I can tell you that nobody's saying anything if they know something. We will all just have to wait and see what Jeff does. It is what it is. The UL job is his if he wants it. If not we get someone else. In the end were both going to be ok. Good luck

Thank you for the nice post. I hope you find a great coach other than Jeff Brohm, but we will see.

I don't know. I kind of get the feeling that their AD is slow playing this. Not giving any names or interview dates. That makes it seem that he is just waiting for something. Maybe the Dec 5 date when the buyout drops. I really don't know what the big deal is over $1M, but he sure seems to be in no hurry to get guys in for an interview. Giving some lame excuse about needing to work with the candidates' schedules. If I were handing out a $30M or whatever contract, I would expect the candidates to work with my schedule. I sure hope I'm wrong and to be honest there are a hundred ways to read into everything that has been said. Maybe Jeff has in fact said no thank you and he just hasn't come to terms with that yet. Oh well, I guess we will find out soon enough.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

Mike Hughes and Kent Sterling beg to differ. Plus, the overall media love affair just puts too much focus on the situation.

Just unfortunate is all.

I don't know. I kind of get the feeling that their AD is slow playing this. Not giving any names or interview dates. That makes it seem that he is just waiting for something. Maybe the Dec 5 date when the buyout drops. I really don't know what the big deal is over $1M, but he sure seems to be in no hurry to get guys in for an interview. Giving some lame excuse about needing to work with the candidates' schedules. If I were handing out a $30M or whatever contract, I would expect the candidates to work with my schedule. I sure hope I'm wrong and to be honest there are a hundred ways to read into everything that has been said. Maybe Jeff has in fact said no thank you and he just hasn't come to terms with that yet. Oh well, I guess we will find out soon enough.

If Jeff waits until Dec 5...he is screwing us.

back channel conversations. See the posts above. No need to create a stir with an interview if nothing is going to come of it.
Sure, that is part of my point. Only two reasons for no interview yet. Jeff said no thanks or the AD is waiting for some reason. If Jeff said no, it seems strange the AD doesn't even have one interview set up yet. That is all i"m saying.

Tyra hasn't been speaking with Jeff, or any coach for that matter. The conversations to date are with Agents, as they always are at this stage in the process. Until the details are worked out with agent(s), no need to get in front of candidates for an interview.

Sure, that is part of my point. Only two reasons for no interview yet. Jeff said no thanks or the AD is waiting for some reason. If Jeff said no, it seems strange the AD doesn't even have one interview set up yet. That is all i"m saying.
Where did you see that he has no interviews set up?

The TV interview he did I took it as meaning no interview with Brohm had been set.

Reactions: Purdue85
Where did you see that he has no interviews set up?

The TV interview he did I took it as meaning no interview with Brohm had been set.
I don't remember the exact quote, but he said he was waiting to here back from some agents as the candidates timelines or schedules didn't match up with his so he was hoping to get some direct contacts in in the coming days.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Tyra hasn't been speaking with Jeff, or any coach for that matter. The conversations to date are with Agents, as they always are at this stage in the process. Until the details are worked out with agent(s), no need to get in front of candidates for an interview.
Yeah, the season only ended two days ago, but look at some of the other coaching searches. UNC already hired their new coach. Texas Tech has reported interviews already and even Western Kentucky has hired a new coach.

Yeah, the season only ended two days ago, but look at some of the other coaching searches. UNC already hired their new coach. Texas Tech has reported interviews already and even Western Kentucky has hired a new coach.
I guess those scrubs weren’t on Tyra’s list.

After 3 PF and 2 or 3 un-sportsmanship penalties the last game, who would want the job? One player was sent to locker room by coach and the AD over ruled it. LOL, what a dumpster fire.

After 3 PF and 2 or 3 un-sportsmanship penalties the last game, who would want the job? One player was sent to locker room by coach and the AD over ruled it. LOL, what a dumpster fire.
Wow - that’s exactly the situation that occurred last year - by kentucky. The only difference is that Porky Stupes wouldn’t order those guys off the field - that’s how he teaches them to play.

the agents have a direct line to the coaches. No interview scheduled (with Brohm) = not good for UofL.

Wow - that’s exactly the situation that occurred last year - by kentucky. The only difference is that Porky Stupes wouldn’t order those guys off the field - that’s how he teaches them to play.
Yup ole Porky beat you down, went 9-3 and you went 2-10 and want to steal another teams coach. I am here because I like Purdue, your a troll and hater.

Yup ole Porky beat you down, went 9-3 and you went 2-10 and want to steal another teams coach. I am here because I like Purdue, your a troll and hater.
Lol - that’s funny that you would say that - given that you got run off of the Kentucky board for being a “troll and a hater”. :)

Lol - that’s funny that you would say that - given that you got run off of the Kentucky board for being a “troll and a hater”. :)
I got ran off for not agreeing with Stoops......got banned on the Loserville site for talking about a Brinks truck stopping at Bobby P, Tommy J. and Ricky P. Card fans were making fun of how much Purdue was going to pay Jeff B to stay in WL. May get banned here when I cuss you out.

I got ran off for not agreeing with Stoops......got banned on the Loserville site for talking about a Brinks truck stopping at Bobby P, Tommy J. and Ricky P. Card fans were making fun of how much Purdue was going to pay Jeff B to stay in WL. May get banned here when I cuss you out.
Rationalize to your little heart's content. All I hear is that you've confirmed what I asserted - that you are a known "troll and a hater" and that as such, you've been banned by multiple boards.

I believe all Louisville and Purdue fans know and realize the relationship the Brohm family has with Louisville. I don't believe any interview is really necessary ! I only believe the need to be together or talk to each other would be to sign the paperwork of a completed deal.

As for recruiting, I remember when Brohm came to Purdue and he signed 15-20 players in about 2-3 weeks while flipping several players. A late start won't deter him from having a decent class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT