ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Odom...

Obviously you were not in attendance when Brohm coached his first game for Purdue when they played Louisville.........
Hate him or like him, the guy can coach football......
Having nothing to do with Walters he had some acute strengths

> he could scheme an offense; but not really in situations where you had to run the ball - rain, teams with elite corners and secondaries
> 2019 class was outstanding!
> really really could recruit TEs and WRs. Hagen did a great job for him as well

Cons

> bad development of the OL, RB, LB and DB
> stopped recruiting the last 3 years

Ryan Walters can be Darrell hazell or bo schembechler and that’s still true

@pboiler18 @TC4THREE

You guys were right about Walters. There’s nothing to argue about anymore. I’ll give you more credit the next time you have a judgment call on a hire.

We can’t control what the future will bring so might as well hope for the best and not worry about commitments.

Boiler up.

Would it be worse than what we have now?
Hell No......

It would be a f'ing disaster...

He hasn't recruited at a high level in decades. He has zero clue about NIL. He's a defensive based coach. He's not coached at the FBS level for decades.

No, no, hell no...

Next coach needs to be 100% offensive minded. Innovative as well. Coaching staff needs actual coaches, not just guys who show up and watch film.

Hire a separate staff dedicated to just NIL and let the new coaching staff just coach.

@pboiler18 @TC4THREE

You guys were right about Walters. There’s nothing to argue about anymore. I’ll give you more credit the next time you have a judgment call on a hire.

We can’t control what the future will bring so might as well hope for the best and not worry about commitments.

Boiler up.
I’d like a coach where I feel we can adequately judge the talent. The scheme and fundamentals were so consistently bad I still can’t tell if we do have talent because it’s being taught to do everything the opposite of a good football team would do.

From day 1 it was pretty evident this team was poorly coached. I never bought into the no talent thing. Card isn’t as bad as he’s played here. 2 really good RBs last year, one who just had a 100 yard day in the NFL. WRs that had produced at the level before.

2 DEs that were tops in the league in sacks. A freshman AA FS. Outside of a few guys being bought away…what’s happened? I fear all the good habits they knew before have been coached out of them. All that to win 4 games and blow several very winnable ones.

I’m confident we can Walters before end of the year. If not I’m stepping away from the football board and the program until they do.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Alas. As an nfl football coach once said.

They are what we thought they were. Many of us saw this coming. The guys who get paid for a living to evaluate talent and teams saw this coming.

The only people who didn’t see this coming were BOBO and the homers on this board.

I didn’t mind the Walters hiring. I just didn’t think he was worth half the money BoBo paid him. I have no problem hiring guys with zero experience. Just don’t pay them like they’ve won 5 big 10 championships.

I would have been ok with hiring petrino or the guy who went to Wisconsin or Tommy Bowden. Or many other coaches. I just like paying people on potential rather than past performance.

I also didn’t like the contract the packers gave Love based on 1/2 year of performance. Or the contract Bronny James received. If they fail, they’re not giving the money back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT