ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Odom...

SunnyFL24

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 30, 2013
Really good yr in his first yr last year...now has them ranked this yr...third time I'm watching his UNLV team...just a thought on somebody to put at the top of the list to go after.

Really good yr in his first yr last year...now has them ranked this yr...third time I'm watching his UNLV team...just a thought on somebody to put at the top of the list to go after.
my #1 would be Bronco Mendenhal, he turned around BYU then UVA, currently at New Mex. It's not too hard to believe that we are a step or two from New Mex

my #1 would be Bronco Mendenhal, he turned around BYU then UVA, currently at New Mex. It's not too hard to believe that we are a step or two from New Mex
The guy who stepped down in 2021 from UVA and didn’t coach for 3 years? His defense was horrible and he was a DC before, what does that tell you?

I’m starting to buy into needing an offensive minded coach. All these guys on this thread our defense guys. Although we might have a chance to keep some of these elite DBs with a guy like Odom but I don’t think that’s enough reason to justify the hire.

Wasn’t he Walters’ boss at Mizzou? And Illinois picked Walters over him for DC?
I think so...
I’m starting to buy into needing an offensive minded coach. All these guys on this thread our defense guys. Although we might have a chance to keep some of these elite DBs with a guy like Odom but I don’t think that’s enough reason to justify the hire.
UNLV puts points on the board...

First year means these aren’t his players. How has his recruiting looked at other schools? This is where Brohm was falling apart at the end. Also this is how Hazell got to Purdue.

If you’re a top ten G5 coach why would you take the Purdue job? Why not wait for a job where you will have more money to spend on players
Actually the Purdue job could be really good if you can get support. You’re getting BIG $, in a premier conference, and honestly all you have to do is consistently make bowl games. If you want to win National Championships it’s not your destination but you’re also talking about rare air. And a number of those coaches started at places like Purdue. Hell I remember Tiller kicking Saban’s ass up and down the field back in the day.

Actually the Purdue job could be really good if you can get support. You’re getting BIG $, in a premier conference, and honestly all you have to do is consistently make bowl games. If you want to win National Championships it’s not your destination but you’re also talking about rare air. And a number of those coaches started at places like Purdue. Hell I remember Tiller kicking Saban’s ass up and down the field back in the day.
Purdue stopped giving the kind of support to football that Wisconsin has in 1970

Reactions: Dreambig74
it's a better job than NMU
Sure, but the idea is to wait so that you don’t end up taking a job that had you right back at SMU when the job makes it look like you can’t coach.

Before anyone spazzes out, Walters can’t coach/wasnt ready/whatever. But this job is going to make a lot of decent coaches look like they can’t coach. It made brohm look like that for his first four years. And we know he was better than those years looked

Sure, but the idea is to wait so that you don’t end up taking a job that had you right back at SMU when the job makes it look like you can’t coach.

Before anyone spazzes out, Walters can’t coach/wasnt ready/whatever. But this job is going to make a lot of decent coaches look like they can’t coach. It made brohm look like that for his first four years. And we know he was better than those years looked

LOL. Brohm went to bowl games his first 2 years after an historically bad coach...

Reactions: pboiler18
LOL. Brohm went to bowl games his first 2 years after an historically bad coach...
Who left him 10 players on defense who graded above a 70 on pff. We know this wasn’t nick holt because the next two years that number went to 7 then 3.

Brohm had his best defensive player and receiver bought off his team after the first year?

It is that time. Purdue was always going to do worse during pay for play because Purdue hasn’t done pay for play since 1970.

You are aware that when they conducted the last search, a lot of people knew that one of the best players on the 2022 team was likely headed to a big time program if he didn’t get hurt right? When Jeff brohm was hired none of that existed.

Who left him 10 players on defense who graded above a 70 on pff. We know this wasn’t nick holt because the next two years that number went to 7 then 3.

Brohm had his best defensive player and receiver bought off his team after the first year?

It is that time. Purdue was always going to do worse during pay for play because Purdue hasn’t done pay for play since 1970.

You are aware that when they conducted the last search, a lot of people knew that one of the best players on the 2022 team was likely headed to a big time program if he didn’t get hurt right? When Jeff brohm was hired none of that existed.

You keep regurgitating the same shit every post...

Butler's coach has a decent resume, is an offensive minded coach, and from Indiana. Yes it's a reach but better than where we are, and if we're really that desperate I would doubt he would tell Purdue no.

Your posts make me want to shoot myself.

We're never gonna get a big name to come here...but damn...I know we could find somebody that can make us at least competitive and atleast put a product out there there that's watchable! We're never going to compete for championships or anything close...just don't embarrass the university like it is now...Hate listening to my IU friends( have to give them credit for a great hire) there's coaches out there, we are in a powered 5 conference. Just need to pay them accordingly!

Reactions: pboiler18
FFS. The guy that's 19-21 the last 5 years at Illinois St? Hell no...
101-71 and is competitive. Afar cry from where we are now..... Others are bringing up names of coaches that currently have losing records but are bug names.
We need coaches that know Purdue,know how to coach and can assess talent.
Those qualities would certainly go a long way in improving our current situation.....
Keep in mind that we hired a coach with a zero head coaching record.......

Obviously you were not in attendance when Brohm coached his first game for Purdue when they played Louisville.........
Hate him or like him, the guy can coach football......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT