ADVERTISEMENT

Ban IP Address

Jun 25, 2018
Mods, or anyone...can't you ban IP addresses like a lot of other websites? These daily trolls with new names is out of control.

Mods, or anyone...can't you ban IP addresses like a lot of other websites? These daily trolls with new names is out of control.

Yeah this is a bit too much. These no life idiots are all over the boards these days. Hardly any actual basketball content can make its way through all this junk.

Problem is, if you ban IP you could potentially ban someone that isn't doing anything wrong. And what I mean by that is if they are posting from work, you ban everyone there.

Also.... IPs are easily changed via vpn or other services

The right solution is that if your account is new and it has less than X posts, each post must be approved by a moderator. Problem is, this forum would need active moderators in that case, which we don't have now.

Reactions: JHetfield99
Problem is, if you ban IP you could potentially ban someone that isn't doing anything wrong. And what I mean by that is if they are posting from work, you ban everyone there.

The right solution is that if your account is new and it has less than X posts, each post must be approved by a moderator. Problem is, this forum would need active moderators in that case, which we don't have now.

That is true. I like your solution though

This is true. As a practice, it would not be a good idea banning IP addresses.

However, I'm confident that this sad loser isn't posting from work. And I think you know what I mean. If you ban his IP address, the only downside is that his mom will never be able to post here.

But based on his obsessions, I believe that banning his IP address would ban his entire cell block.

Reactions: reswat

I like your solution, but the resources don't seem to be there. I am pretty sure if you ban the IP address, this guy obsessed with CP's appearance will not have the intelligence to know how to change it. Posting times are also consistent with someone posting from home who obviously has no job or life.

I like your solution, but the resources don't seem to be there. I am pretty sure if you ban the IP address, this guy obsessed with CP's appearance will not have the intelligence to know how to change it. Posting times are also consistent with someone posting from home who obviously has no job or life.
Hey now, I could be put into that category as well. Do I have a problem I don’t know about

But based on his obsessions, I believe that banning his IP address would ban his entire cell block.
you said my post on the free board was stupid yesterday. I have suffered a stroke 8 years ago and i'm disabled now i'm a wheelchair and what I am trying say don't always come out the right way to get my point across i find it disgusting that you called me out and you shouldn't be so quick to judge someone without know there story

Reactions: herrli
Better yet i'm canceling my membership to site cause see a handicap person can't be on this site.

it's what BoilerAndy said about me also. I no longer am blessed with the vocabulary or the grammer to be on this site.
How? If you're a Purdue fan how? Sorry you've had a setback but if you're a fan then I can't see why you wouldn't be welcome. If you're an asshat trying out his new sexuality then, well you get what you paid for.

Way past time to have a moderator(s) watching this board 24/7 and/or blocking the IP(s) immediately until a permanent solution is determined. It may inconvenience a few true Boiler fans for a short time but I believe they would understand. IT IS TIME TO DO THIS!

I tweeted Brian about the issue and possibly banning the individual involved. He doesn't have the authority, but he did tag Alan Karpick (President/Publisher of GBI). Hopefully it gets done soon.

This guy posting on Rupps Rafters also. When he refers to IU, he says "we", so it is fairly certain he is an IU fan boy.

His postings about homosexuality indicate he considers it grossly negative, hence all he posts about gays at Purdue. The KU mods keep their board cleaner, but the content is the same anti homosexual scat. This guy has more problems than just annoying us.

He also seems to post in the mornings, a bit after 8:00 am, and then he goes quiet. Perhaps he puts all these posts up while getting started at work, then gets to his real work. If we could locate the general physical location or business, we could address directly, this outside this board.

This guy posting on Rupps Rafters also. When he refers to IU, he says "we", so it is fairly certain he is an IU fan boy.

His postings about homosexuality indicate he considers it grossly negative, hence all he posts about gays at Purdue. The KU mods keep their board cleaner, but the content is the same anti homosexual scat. This guy has more problems than just annoying us.

He also seems to post in the mornings, a bit after 8:00 am, and then he goes quiet. Perhaps he puts all these posts up while getting started at work, then gets to his real work. If we could locate the general physical location or business, we could address directly, this outside this board.
A fan of a school that has drag queen contests for quite a few years posting anti-homosexual or gay things on a rival site...you can't make this up. Skitzo is probably the reason for no job...

I don't know what he has written to know if they are adjectives or nouns...or both

Last edited:
About the best option is if you could set it so new members can't not start new topics until they have so many posts in. Could still jump in threads and cause trouble, but at least it wouldn't look as bad.
and this way you could easily check the reported posts and delete the ones where the content is clearly outside the intents of the board.

I'm still back to charging $10/per new ID - even $5. Two accomplishments. !, got a credit card number/ID and 2. After an ID is banned,, it costs to get another one, and then another one . . .

Reactions: bleedgoldandblack
I think this is the same troll from several sites. He used to post on ESPN message boards and others as UnbiasedOne. He was doxed on another IU site several years ago. He chooses the same terms (pillow biter, calling CMP "porkchop') He is a stock broker in Ft. Wayne named Dennis. I won't give his last name yet, but I am 99% sure of who he is.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I think this is the same troll from several sites. He used to post on ESPN message boards and others as UnbiasedOne. He was doxed on another IU site several years ago. He chooses the same terms (pillow biter, calling CMP "porkchop') He is a stock broker in Ft. Wayne named Dennis. I won't give his last name yet, but I am 99% sure of who he is.
I have an extremely hard time believing this guy is a stock brocker. If so that's even more pathetic then some jobless 20 something. I am interested to know who it is though. I'm almost always agsinst exposing people's personal info but Guys like this should definitely be put on blast.

I think who ever it is, will out themselves on their home board once they accomplish what I think they are trying to accomplish. It has been mentioned before about just shutting down the free boards, I think the person is trying to be as big of a troll as possible (really juvenile and pathetic means as they are) to ultimately get the free boards shut down. Then they will go back to their home board, beat their chest and crow about how they got Purdue's free boards shut down.

I'm still back to charging $10/per new ID - even $5. Two accomplishments. !, got a credit card number/ID and 2. After an ID is banned,, it costs to get another one, and then another one . . .
consequences for actions...an amazing thought!!! ;)

Reactions: delarno
you said my post on the free board was stupid yesterday. I have suffered a stroke 8 years ago and i'm disabled now i'm a wheelchair and what I am trying say don't always come out the right way to get my point across i find it disgusting that you called me out and you shouldn't be so quick to judge someone without know there story
Wasn't judging you. You responded to the troll's post with a political diatribe that was obviously judging those who do not agree with your politics -- and it had nothing to do with the troll's topic.

I'm sorry you had a stroke, but you need to examine your own heart when you wish a curse on others, hoping they also have a stroke.

Reactions: herrli

would only pay rivals/yahoo with a prepaid card, even if supposed to be a 1 time payment. canceling in the past anyway, proved to be rather difficult

Last edited:
Way past time to have a moderator(s) watching this board 24/7 and/or blocking the IP(s) immediately until a permanent solution is determined. It may inconvenience a few true Boiler fans for a short time but I believe they would understand. IT IS TIME TO DO THIS!

we've had mods here for a long time.
just this past year, a number of posts were removed or threads locked - and many of those were actually sports/bball related.

we've had mods here for a long time.
just this past year, a number of posts were removed or threads locked - and many of those were actually sports/bball related.
It seems Heller (the freeboard mod) magically disappeared when this troll showed up... almost like he was instructed not to delete those threads...

I think who ever it is, will out themselves on their home board once they accomplish what I think they are trying to accomplish. It has been mentioned before about just shutting down the free boards, I think the person is trying to be as big of a troll as possible (really juvenile and pathetic means as they are) to ultimately get the free boards shut down. Then they will go back to their home board, beat their chest and crow about how they got Purdue's free boards shut down.
What will it help if he does out himself on a different board? That won’t shut him down until he ruins this board. It’s probably an IU fan like everyone thinks, and that’s what started all of this. He pissed off their posters several times and the mods banned his latest name a few times, so he came back with a vengeance by posting all of this pathetic crap on Purdue and UK, and sometimes IU boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT