ADVERTISEMENT

BAD NEWS: Boiler 20 needs your prayers

jfv2000

All-American
May 29, 2001
A couple of months back I swore I would never post here again due to the constant abuse my brother, (Boiler 20, aka Eric Volk) and I have received from certain people on this board. He continued to post. If he has any friends on this board, he needs your prayers.

This morning Eric suffered a brain aneurysm, sometimes mistakenly called a stroke and is in ICU at Methodist Hospital in Indy. He loved Purdue and his handle reflects his jersey number from when he was on scholarship as a southpaw for Dave Alexander. Current coach Tim Schreiber was his teammate. His family, including his only child Sarah a freshman at Michigan, are with him. At 51, he is the youngest of six children. I am the oldest. We are the only two who went to Purdue as the other four went to Kansas (KU). We are now spread out all over the country and feel quite helpless right now. I live in northern Michigan and would be driving down to Indy but, it would only complicate matters. So I sit here and cry as I type this. It is especially difficult as we just marked the one-year anniversary of my 55-year-old sister's passing from uterine cancer.. Thankfully our parents both passed 5 years ago.

Aside from prayers, I would only ask people to remember that we are all humans and have our failings and weaknesses. I wish people would just learn to be more kind and considerate to one another on this board, and not just when personal tragedy strikes instead of using every opportunity to pump their egos by putting other people down.

Thanks in advance for your wishes and prayers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News