ADVERTISEMENT

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad. Worst loss of the Brohm Era

Wtf? Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Every coach in America is held responsible for consistent dumb plays by his team
Sorry if I don’t believe the players are relieved of agency just because they’re under the authority of someone else. That’s just not realistic.

Sure, lets blame the players. You know, the same one's who have played under Brohm's guidence and in his system for two years now. And then there are those actual Brohm recruits that he's brought in. Sorry, but the coach sets the tone and all those penalties and all those stupid mistakes are his responsibility. Look it up and let me know how many of those on the field today came to play for and were recruited by CB.

And then compare how BSU played against ND today and tell me who did the best coaching job.
I understand your frustrations, but let’s make one thing very clear right now. The coach took the blame and the coach face the music. Yes he also pointed at stupid mistakes that cost the game last week when it was on the line and the same kind a stupid mistake this week.

The buck stops with him and he is that kind of guy. These are not his recruits, these are not his guys but he owns it. I don’t care if we make a ball game this year because this year is not about this year. This year is about next year and the year after and the year after that.

I think the coaching staff carries some responsibility. The play calling on Purdue's last offensive possession was curious. Also, how do you not blitz on 4th down in EMU's last drive when blitzes generated 2 sacks in the previous 4 or 5 plays? (One was over turned by an inexcusable personal foul.)

That said, the players did plenty to doom Purdue in the 4th quarter: a missed field goal, bad penalties, an inability to stop EMU on 3rd and 4th down. It was just a bad performance by a team that couldn't afford one.

I'm not sure what the blame game is going to accomplish at this point.

Reactions: phila
Several days before this game when many of you were predicting a 30 to 40 point win, I cautioned you about taking EMU for granted. I had a very uneasy feeling about playing a team with their size and experience. Also a pretty fair quarterback. Hopefully they will watch film and see their mistakes (and lack of intensity) and take it out on Missouri. Another bad performance and we are back to a half filled stadium again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT