ADVERTISEMENT

Award a “W” to Both Teams

Oct 14, 2001
Doing so would validate what the entire universe knows regarding the PI call — highly suspect motives and incredibly egregious — and would penalize neither team for it.

Sometimes, doing the right thing means having to think creatively and act courageously. This is such a time.

This might be an unprecedented action. But WTH, 2020 has been an unprecedented year. Put an asterisk next to both the game outcome and the season and be done with it.

If wagering firms such as Draft Kings and Fan Duel recognize the suspect nature of the call, and can take action that is financially harmful to their self interests while recognizing that it is the right thing to do, the Big Ten and the NCAA can easily do the same. It is called “Integrity.”

Award both the loss. Purdue relied on final play to beat a skeleton crew Minnesota. They were missing 22 players and havent played well all year. It shouldnt have come down to that 1 call

Award both the loss. Purdue relied on final play to beat a skeleton crew Minnesota. They were missing 22 players and havent played well all year. It shouldnt have come down to that 1 call

As a self-declared IU fan, I find it humorous that you spend more time on the Purdue forum than on the IU forum. I think that’s called insecurity.

Go Bucks!

Reactions: joseole101
Doing so would validate what the entire universe knows regarding the PI call — highly suspect motives and incredibly egregious — and would penalize neither team for it.

Sometimes, doing the right thing means having to think creatively and act courageously. This is such a time.

This might be an unprecedented action. But WTH, 2020 has been an unprecedented year. Put an asterisk next to both the game outcome and the season and be done with it.

If wagering firms such as Draft Kings and Fan Duel recognize the suspect nature of the call, and can take action that is financially harmful to their self interests while recognizing that it is the right thing to do, the Big Ten and the NCAA can easily do the same. It is called “Integrity.”
Good point about integrity. PJ is so high and mighty about “integrity” that it is dishonest for him to say in the press conference he “didn’t see it” and that’s how it goes sometimes. You do not get to pick and choose the topics about which you show integrity.
Sometimes integrity is hard. Man up and do it this time if you say it’s a core value.

As a self-declared IU fan, I find it humorous that you spend more time on the Purdue forum than on the IU forum. I think that’s called insecurity.

Go Bucks!
Lol i rarely comment on here but i like to check in and see whats going on once in awhile. My wife went to purdue so i have some interest in purdue so i can talk with her about them. Most of the time i have quality conversations while im here but im just calling this how i see it. If IU had lost to that skeleton crew id be pissed

Lol i rarely comment on here but i like to check in and see whats going on once in awhile. My wife went to purdue so i have some interest in purdue so i can talk with her about them. Most of the time i have quality conversations while im here but im just calling this how i see it. If IU had lost to that skeleton crew id be pissed
“Skeleton crew”?
They were down 1 whole starter.
Go home...

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Only like 2 Gophers starters were out. Hardly a skeleton crew.

“Skeleton crew”?
They were down 1 whole starter.
Go home...
Some people just can’t get out of the way and have to prove by opening their mouth that they are actually a loser. You have to forgive them they’re just that kind of stupid

I’m sure if the same thing happened to IU, you’d have the same thoughts. Get real.

I don't think the Big Ten or NCAA would ever award both teams a win.

No, the only satisfaction that could possibly come from this (or a bunch of bad calls like this) would be a rule change within the game itself. But... be careful because the NFL went too far with straight-up PI replay review. It is still a judgment call that, either way, can disproportionately punish one side or the other.

Maybe we should learn from children. Maybe they had it right all along. When there is a 50/50 judgment call for something like PI, where reasonable people disagree, why not have the option for a 'do over'? Or throw a second flag on the defense, which would have the same effect of offsetting penalties. Instead of going from game winning score to a desperate 1st & 25 situation, just repeat 1st & 10. If that happens then the outcome of the next play (the INT) is almost certainly different also. Unfortunately, just like on the playground, this would become a huge crutch and there would be 30 do-overs every game.

I think Purdue fans, players & coaches should continue to ignore the fact they are a below .500 program for multiple coaches in a row, blame officials and not look in the mirror, and beg for people to care when everyone else has moved on.
Minnesota sucks & Purdue is upset at the officials? And the game wasn’t even over if it was a TD, Minny could still score on Purdue’s Charmin TP defense.
Stop crying and move on...

I think Purdue fans, players & coaches should continue to ignore the fact they are a below .500 program for multiple coaches in a row, blame officials and not look in the mirror, and beg for people to care when everyone else has moved on.
Minnesota sucks & Purdue is upset at the officials? And the game wasn’t even over if it was a TD, Minny could still score on Purdue’s Charmin TP defense.
Stop crying and move on...

Why are you such a douche?

Lol an ND fan telling people to get over it. That’s rich considering I still hear gripes from that fan base about the Bush Push 15 years ago.

Go Bucks!

You're the IU fan? That's how you phrased it

You're the IU fan? That's how you phrased it
Born and raised in Southern Indiana not far from Bloomington. Found my way to West Lafayette by the grace of God!

Wanted to attend Purdue as a child as a result of two cousins about a decade older than me attending. In fact, it is the only school to which I applied.

I NEVER cheer for IU in sports, though some of their academic offerings are strong and respectable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT