ADVERTISEMENT

at least 72 shot in chicago

How about stopping and frisking 3 known gang members walking down the street in disputed drug selling territory in Englewood?
Do you think that would have an effect?
If you suspect that they committed a crime, sure go for it.

What about if you suspect that could be carrying a gun?
Most states have statutes codifying the Constitutional standards set out in Terry v Ohio. This is the current version of the Illinois statute-
(725 ILCS 5/107-14) (from Ch. 38, par. 107-14)
Sec. 107-14. Temporary questioning without arrest.
(a) A peace officer, after having identified himself as a peace officer, may stop any person in a public place for a reasonable period of time when the officer reasonably infers from the circumstances that the person is committing, is about to commit or has committed an offense as defined in Section 102-15 of this Code, and may demand the name and address of the person and an explanation of his actions. Such detention and temporary questioning will be conducted in the vicinity of where the person was stopped.
(b) Upon completion of any stop under subsection (a) involving a frisk or search, and unless impractical, impossible, or under exigent circumstances, the officer shall provide the person with a stop receipt which provides the reason for the stop and contains the officer's name and badge number. This subsection (b) does not apply to searches or inspections for compliance with the Fish and Aquatic Life Code, the Wildlife Code, the Herptiles-Herps Act, or searches or inspections for routine security screenings at facilities or events. For the purposes of this subsection (b), "badge" means an officer's department issued identification number associated with his or her position as a police officer with that department.
(Source: P.A. 99-352, eff. 1-1-16.)

Here is an excerpt from a recent Illinois Appellate Court case explaining the standards -
...Pursuant to the landmark case of Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), a police officer may
conduct a brief, investigatory detention when he or she has a reasonable suspicion that a person
is committing, is about to commit, or has committed a criminal offense. Williams, 2016 IL App
(1st) 132615, ¶ 44; Ciborowski, 2016 IL App (1st) 143352, ¶ 77. The officer’s reasonable
suspicion must be more than a hunch and must be supported by specific and articulable facts.
Williams, 2016 IL App (1st) 132615, ¶¶ 44-45. When reviewing the officer’s action, a court
will apply an objective standard, rather than a subjective standard. People v. Colyar, 2013 IL
111835, ¶ 40. Thus, the question on review is whether the facts known to the officer at the time
would lead a reasonably prudent person in the same circumstances to believe that the action
was appropriate. Colyar, 2013 IL 111835, ¶ 40.
¶ 27 After making a lawful stop, a police officer may perform a frisk or protective patdown
search if he or she has a reasonable articulable suspicion that the person stopped is presently armed and dangerous. People v. Surles, 2011 IL App (1st) 100068, ¶ 35. “[P]resently armed”
is not enough, particularly since one now has the right to carry concealed arms, if one has a
concealed carry card. 430 ILCS 66/10(a) (West 2016).3 The officer must also reasonably
believe that the person is presently dangerous. “[T]he issue is whether a reasonably prudent
man in the circumstances would be warranted in the belief that his safety or that of others was
in danger.” People v. Sorenson, 196 Ill. 2d 425, 433 (2001)
So there is your basic primer on the Illinois Terry statute.

Lol. Take a look around man.

Can you find enough people to blame for all this? I'm sure you'll try.

Chuck Woolery can. According to him, EVERYBODY is lying, except trump. And with all the shit going on, trump found the time to retweet it........but he still can't find the time to criticize Putin for the bounties on our troops he loves so much.
I'll use sleepy Joe terms, "C'mon man". Liberals have hyper sensitized every aspect of Trump's Presidency. To be fair, I think Trump is a jerk that should minimize Twitter. However, when only MSM, CDC & WHO are skewing that China's data is performing better at COVID-19 than Qatar, "I call bullshit! C'mon man!"
Twitter might have to be selectively used when that happens.
You and I both know that China's data is skewed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Boilermakers
You care so much about this country you're going give this man 4 more years? Covid is the number 1 problem in our country and WE GET THIS?

Defend this......please.

This is exactly why anyone who defends this man should be called out for it at every opportunity. No one who claims to love this country could ever, in good faith, also still support this waste of skin.

I'll use sleepy Joe terms, "C'mon man". Liberals have hyper sensitized every aspect of Trump's Presidency. To be fair, I think Trump is a jerk that should minimize Twitter. However, when only MSM, CDC & WHO are skewing that China's data is performing better at COVID-19 than Qatar, "I call bullshit! C'mon man!"
Twitter might have to be selectively used when that happens.
You and I both know that China's data is skewed.
Who gives a damn about China or Qatar. We've got a pretty big problem here and if you don't want to talk about that then just stfu with the deflection.

Reactions: PurdueFan1
Here’s another gem from today. I mean come on folks. Isn’t it just embarrassing at this point to continue to bitch your ride to this incompetent, mass-murdering wagon?

Good gracious man. NO! THE LAW SAYS THAT YOU CAN STOP IF THERE IS SUSPICION OF A CRIME COMMITED. SO NO. IF YOU SEE A GUN IN HIS POCKET, YES.

This just tells me that you're not interested in solving the problem.
Black men kill more black men in ONE NIGHT in Chicago (it's true, look it up), than cops kill unarmed black men (although cops kill more unarmed white men than black men, but that's a different discussion) in an ENTIRE YEAR! Think about that.

But, you still don't want stop n frisk for known gang bangers and drug dealers in these neighborhoods wrecked by gun violence. God forbid we would infringe on a criminal's rights.

Last edited:
This is exactly why anyone who defends this man should be called out for it at every opportunity. No one who claims to love this country could ever, in good faith, also still support this waste of skin.

TRUMP 2020. Learn it, live it, love it!

Who gives a damn about China or Qatar. We've got a pretty big problem here and if you don't want to talk about that then just stfu with the deflection.

Just curious....do you think the big gatherings of protesters or at Floyds funeral had an impact on transmission or spread? Or, are liberal SJW protesters and rioters exempt from Covid?

Just curious....do you think the big gatherings of protesters or at Floyds funeral had an impact on transmission or spread? Or, are liberal SJW protesters and rioters exempt from Covid?
I'm sure they did have an impact. I don't know to what degree.

Are you trying to blame the record numbers of infections on that rather than premature reopenings and lack of restrictions by governors.......including blue states?

I'm sure they did have an impact. I don't know to what degree.

Are you trying to blame the record numbers of infections on that rather than premature reopenings and lack of restrictions by governors.......including blue states?

Not at all. I'm bringing up the hypocrisy of the media condemning the spread of beach gatherings, spring breakers, bars/restaurants opening, and other factors of our economic engine, but not a single peep condemning the gatherings of protesters, etc as a likely cause of infections.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Black men kill more black men in ONE NIGHT in Chicago (it's true, look it up), than cops kill unarmed black men (although cops kill more unarmed white men than black men, but that's a different discussion) in an ENTIRE YEAR! Think about that.

But, you still don't want stop n frisk for known gang bangers and drug dealers in these neighborhoods wrecked by gun violence. God forbid we would infringe on a criminal's rights.
If you want cops to break the law, so be it.

If you want cops to break the law, so be it.

Like I said. You don't really care about solutions and solving the problem. You only care about not giving cops the authority to solve the problem.

But, until the culture in these hoods change, nothing will really change.

You want the guy who saved the oil industry to have another 4 years?

@bonefish1

What is your response? Trump said HE saved the Texas oil industry and millions of jobs. Do think this is just harmless lies? Do you respect people in your life who make make outrageous boasts that are lies? You hang out with people like that? Respect them? If your boss makes those kinds of statements do you like him more or make fun of him behind his back?

@bonefish1

What is your response? Trump said HE saved the Texas oil industry and millions of jobs. Do think this is just harmless lies? Do you respect people in your life who make make outrageous boasts that are lies? You hang out with people like that? Respect them? If your boss makes those kinds of statements do you like him more or make fun of him behind his back?

I don't know enough about that particular issue or claim to have an opinion as to the truth to that claim about the TX oil industry.
Also, if you haven't learned by now, you can't take everything Trump says as literal.
But, lets not get off topic about shootings in Chicago.

@bonefish1

is elon musk a bad leader?

I don't know enough about that particular issue or claim to have an opinion as to the truth to that claim about the TX oil industry.
Also, if you haven't learned by now, you can't take everything Trump says as literal.
But, lets not get off topic about shootings in Chicago.
Hey, you're the who jumped in and started talking about covid and Dems shutting things down. You also brought the protesters and Covid. Don't talk about derailing the thread.

You don't know enough about the Texas oil industry to refute that trump saved it? Saved millions of jobs? Was it all over the news?

That's twice in the last couple days I've seen a Trumper say they don't know enough about a subject to comment on how trump has handled it. Must be the new Sargent Schultz strategy.

Hey, you're the who jumped in and started talking about covid and Dems shutting things down. You also brought the protesters and Covid. Don't talk about derailing the thread.

You don't know enough about the Texas oil industry to refute that trump saved it? Saved millions of jobs? Was it all over the news?

That's twice in the last couple days I've seen a Trumper say they don't know enough about a subject to comment on how trump has handled it. Must be the new Sargent Schultz strategy.

If it was anything Trump did that would paint him in a positive light, it most certainly was not in the news. They won't give him a shred of credit for anything, unless they think they can get some negative leverage.

If it was anything Trump did that would paint him in a positive light, it most certainly was not in the news. They won't give him a shred of credit for anything, unless they think they can get some negative leverage.
Well they certainly won't give him credit for saving the Texas oil industry or saving millions of jobs in the Texas oil industry........like there are that many to begin with.

That negative coverage you whine about all the time is ON TRUMP, not the media. Stop freaking lying. Stop tearing down others to make yourself look good. Stop fighting back against every rule and guideline that was designed to make government transparent. STOP BLAMING THE DAMN MEDIA FOR REPORTING THE PROBLEMS YOU CREATED.

Trump and you supporters of hos have become nothing but sniveling crybabies who blame everyone else for your problems. WE ARE THE VICTIMS you whine. If you disagree with trump you are disloyal, you don't love America, and you are part of a deep state conspiracy to take him down or make sure he doesnt get another 4 years.
Its not possible to disagree with him based on policy or morality or character or integrity or rule of law.......... because he gets all that right. It just has to be something nefarious.

It's so much easier to support trump when you blame everybody else and ignore what he says.......as all of you admit to.

Well they certainly won't give him credit for saving the Texas oil industry or saving millions of jobs in the Texas oil industry........like there are that many to begin with.

That negative coverage you whine about all the time is ON TRUMP, not the media. Stop freaking lying. Stop tearing down others to make yourself look good. Stop fighting back against every rule and guideline that was designed to make government transparent. STOP BLAMING THE DAMN MEDIA FOR REPORTING THE PROBLEMS YOU CREATED.

Trump and you supporters of hos have become nothing but sniveling crybabies who blame everyone else for your problems. WE ARE THE VICTIMS you whine. If you disagree with trump you are disloyal, you don't love America, and you are part of a deep state conspiracy to take him down or make sure he doesnt get another 4 years.
Its not possible to disagree with him based on policy or morality or character or integrity or rule of law.......... because he gets all that right. It just has to be something nefarious.

It's so much easier to support trump when you blame everybody else and ignore what he says.......as all of you admit to.

That's pretty funny coming from a bleeding heart lefty lib like yourself.

But, I'd challenge you to find any articles in on CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc. that points to Trump's achievements and gives him credit for doing something well.
The reason he fights back at the media is because they attack him. He's not the typical politician. He punches back and they don't like it. They are are biased, left learning liberal mouthpieces for the dem party (and if you don't believe that, look at their ownership and where their political affiliations lie).

ok...so making outrageous statements does not necessarily make one a bad leader?

The outrageous number of Trumplethinskin's outrageous statements makes him uniquely unqualified to be a good leader save for the Repugnantcans who follow him like lemmings. Off hand, just about the only outrageous statements I can rememember Musk making were about the diver who helped rescue kids trapped in an underwater cave and his threat to move his Fremont Tesla plant to Texas. (Disclosure: my daughter just bought a Model 3 and I am considering it).

That's pretty funny coming from a bleeding heart lefty lib like yourself.

But, I'd challenge you to find any articles in on CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc. that points to Trump's achievements and gives him credit for doing something well.
The reason he fights back at the media is because they attack him. He's not the typical politician. He punches back and they don't like it. They are are biased, left learning liberal mouthpieces for the dem party (and if you don't believe that, look at their ownership and where their political affiliations lie).
I would bet you haven't voted for republicans many more tines than I have.......but that changes the point even further away than you already have.

You feign ignorance of the subject of an outrageous Trump lie and pivot immediately to the media.
That's your life right now......along with trying to diminish the Covid pandemic that is and has been ignored by Trump. Ah, you throw in statues and history and crime, but all you've got RIGHT NOW is blaming and deflecting. Trump has great accomplishments but those damn media won't report it........they're focused on a virus that is, once sgsin, spreading across the country........when it should be contained. Bastards.

What you and yours don't understand is if Trump had handled this properly, shut it down and followed HIS OWN GUIDELINES, we would be getting near the end, the economy would be rolling again come election time, and he would be likely to be re-elected. He could have been a hero.

But for reasons too numerous to list here, he was incapable of handling this crisis. I'm sure you'll now go off on blaming china or somebody else.........but understand, I'm not blaming trump for the virus or it getting here. He is responsible for the chaos we find ourselves in right now, long after the virus got here.

I would bet you haven't voted for republicans many more tines than I have.......but that changes the point even further away than you already have.

You feign ignorance of the subject of an outrageous Trump lie and pivot immediately to the media.
That's your life right now......along with trying to diminish the Covid pandemic that is and has been ignored by Trump. Ah, you throw in statues and history and crime, but all you've got RIGHT NOW is blaming and deflecting. Trump has great accomplishments but those damn media won't report it........they're focused on a virus that is, once sgsin, spreading across the country........when it should be contained. Bastards.

What you and yours don't understand is if Trump had handled this properly, shut it down and followed HIS OWN GUIDELINES, we would be getting near the end, the economy would be rolling again come election time, and he would be likely to be re-elected. He could have been a hero.

But for reasons too numerous to list here, he was incapable of handling this crisis. I'm sure you'll now go off on blaming china or somebody else.........but understand, I'm not blaming trump for the virus or it getting here. He is responsible for the chaos we find ourselves in right now, long after the virus got here.

Trump was damned if he did/damned if he didn't when it came to the covid response. If he would have immediately shut down the nation, drove the economy into the tank, raised unemployment, etc, he would have been blamed for that and that would be the dems platform leading up to November.
Nobody knew what was going to come of covid, He did what he thought was best for Americans, trying to balance both the health and financial health of the country.
As for chaos, the only true chaos I've seen is from protesters, rioters and the BLM crowd.

And you probably won't hear another politician utter the words 'Defund the Police' again. They are ALL using the phrase 'Reimagine' rather than 'Defund' and ALL at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT