ADVERTISEMENT

at least 72 shot in chicago

TopSecretBoiler

All-American
Feb 4, 2011
over the 3 day weekend. little kids getting shot in the face. happens every weekend. no kneeling though. no lebron tweets.

Do you think it would be different if an entire group of people didn’t have to pull themselves out of slavery and then discrimination?

over the 3 day weekend. little kids getting shot in the face. happens every weekend. no kneeling though. no lebron tweets.
What can he say...no cops...black killing black is not the issue though it is the #1 killer of blacks

And therein lies the problem...
Well Cainer, you just might have a point. Everything from the Confederacy to the KKK to Jim Crow laws to the opposition of the Civil Rights movement involved the Democrat Party. And how about Illinois?

Governor: Democrat
Illinois Senate: Democrat (40-19)
Illinois House: Democrat (73-44)
Chicago Mayor: Democrat
Chicago Aldermans: Democrat (46-0) 4 Independent
Chicago guns laws are amongst the toughest in the nation (for law abiding people who legally want to protect themselves)

Well Cainer, you just might have a point. Everything from the Confederacy to the KKK to Jim Crow laws to the opposition of the Civil Rights movement involved the Democrat Party. And how about Illinois?

Governor: Democrat
Illinois Senate: Democrat (40-19)
Illinois House: Democrat (73-44)
Chicago Mayor: Democrat
Chicago Aldermans: Democrat (46-0) 4 Independent
Chicago guns laws are amongst the toughest in the nation (for law abiding people who legally want to protect themselves)
lol

You just proved my point again, but you can't see it.

Reactions: indy35 and 70boiler
does Chicago have gun control laws?

Does most of the developed world? Yes, and they don't have a gun violence problem.

A very basic situation to understand when it comes to city-only gun laws is you can drive 10 minutes outside of Chicago and buy whatever you want. You can't do that in a developed country with national laws.

So yes, I agree with you there needs to be more national laws regarding background checks, what types of weapons can be purchased, etc.

Does most of the developed world? Yes, and they don't have a gun violence problem.

A very basic situation to understand when it comes to city-only gun laws is you can drive 10 minutes outside of Chicago and buy whatever you want. You can't do that in a developed country with national laws.

So yes, I agree with you there needs to be more national laws regarding background checks, what types of weapons can be purchased, etc.
never bought a gun have you?

Reactions: ecouch

Only 72? Chicago should consider that a moral victory. I predicted well over 100 for the 4th.

Just wondering when the BLM march will be? Anyone have the schedule for Jesse and Rev Al's press conference? What about the Obama's weighing in, after all, most of the Chicago shootings are on the south and west sides, where he was a 'community organizer'.

Do you think it would be different if an entire group of people didn’t have to pull themselves out of slavery and then discrimination?

Yes....it would. There's poor black people in a lot of areas in the US and they don't go on shooting rampages every weekend of the summer.

Only 72? Chicago should consider that a moral victory. I predicted well over 100 for the 4th.

Just wondering when the BLM march will be? Anyone have the schedule for Jesse and Rev Al's press conference? What about the Obama's weighing in, after all, most of the Chicago shootings are on the south and west sides, where he was a 'community organizer'.
nyc will have another rudy in no time.

Chicago is a city that would really benefit from Stop and Frisk, but the wussified Chicago government would never allow it.
Instead, they'll just deal with the gun violence, blaming it on Indiana and the cops.

Reactions: PA Boilermakers

You’re just the type that the libs would put in charge of determining what types of weapons could be purchased. I can hear it now - banning these over here since they have a military look, these over here since they’re really loud. Biden will add the AR-14 to the list.

The numbers have been bumped up to 87 shot in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend. That's more like it! Nice job Chicago!

Reactions: PA Boilermakers
You’re just the type that the libs would put in charge of determining what types of weapons could be purchased. I can hear it now - banning these over here since they have a military look, these over here since they’re really loud. Biden will add the AR-14 to the list.

You realize there are many national laws placing restrictions on gun ownership that have existed for decades, right?

We don't live in a country where you can just do whatever the heck you want. And advocating for things like universal background checks.....isn't "the libs" considering 80%+ of Americans support it.

You realize there are many national laws placing restrictions on gun ownership that have existed for decades, right?

We don't live in a country where you can just do whatever the heck you want. And advocating for things like universal background checks.....isn't "the libs" considering 80%+ of Americans support it.
I’m 100% in support of universal background checks. I don’t support bureaucrats making decisions on the types of guns that I’m allowed to purchase.

Congress sucks. Both sides will do everything possible to not be on the record with a vote. Immigration is another issue that both sides enjoy using at every election.

Can you share of an example of both sides not allowing a vote on universal background checks?

In 2019, the House passed universal background checks. It was never taken up in the Senate. Why not?

Can you share of an example of both sides not allowing a vote on universal background checks?

In 2019, the House passed universal background checks. It was never taken up in the Senate. Why not?
I’d have to read the House bill to give an answer on that one. I guarantee you though that it wasn’t a simple bill with language directly relating to universal background checks. Most of the bills that Pelosi and McConnell roll out have something in them that the other side can’t get behind that has nothing to do with the bill’s objective.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I’d have to read the House bill to give an answer on that one. I guarantee you though that it wasn’t a simple bill with language directly relating to universal background checks. Most of the bills that Pelosi and McConnell roll out have something in them that the other side can’t get behind that has nothing to do with the bill’s objective.

Pffft. Two words: Mitch McConnell. Duh.

Chicago is a city that would really benefit from Stop and Frisk, but the wussified Chicago government would never allow it.
Instead, they'll just deal with the gun violence, blaming it on Indiana and the cops.
Stop and frisk is the most racist as all get out. When I go to Chicago, which is quite often, the last thing I want is the cops to stop me and frisk me for nothing. My cousin, a professor at one of the NY city colleges was stopped and frisked about 5 times during that period. All because of being black. His white colleagues were not frisked at all during that period. Stop and frisk did not work anyhow. This is profiling at its best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT