ADVERTISEMENT

Antione West likely picking Purdue

Statistically I agree a 3-4 year player ~9 times out of 10 has more value than a 1&D.

But in most programs (other than Purdue) with NIL there is no guarantee a guy is here 3-4 years. But so far since NIL Purdue comparatively, has been flat out outstanding at keeping "their" guys due to culture, coach and everything about Purdue that keeps them here.

Be interesting to hear from OB52 & others that have seen his play. Everything I read says we potentially are getting a real good one here.

Is West an under-the-radar player as I do not find him in Rivals 2025 Top 150….where is he from?

Toledo Ohio - Whitmer High School - former Boilermaker Ryne Smith went there, so I'm guessing he has a good pump fake.....haha. :)

Nigel Hayes (Wisconsin) also went there.....it's a good area for Ohio high school athletics.

Looks like he's just outside some of the rankings.....but movin on up as he gets some notice. This would be a really good addition for Painter's program, IMO....

Last edited:
Toledo Ohio - Whitmer High School - former Boilermaker Ryne Smith also went there, so I'm guessing he has a good pump fake.....haha. :)

Nigel Hayes (Wisconsin) also went there.....it's a good area for Ohio high school athletics.

Looks like he's just outside some of the rankings.....but movin on up as he gets some notice. This would be a really good addition for Painter's program, IMO....
ESPN has him ranked 73rd in the class I think

Toledo Ohio - Whitmer High School - former Boilermaker Ryne Smith also went there, so I'm guessing he has a good pump fake.....haha. :)

and like Smith a 3 star
nice release and soft touch

Last edited:
He sounds ok. Don’t we already have 4 unproven guards who are projected to replace Loyer and smith?

I guess people are tired of talking about Harris, Myles, cox and that other guard? Bender or Benton And maybe Heide st the 3. And Wadell plays somewhere.

And we are still recruiting two other guards who are ranked in the top 50 with one who had us in his final 2 along with MSU. Mullins and Haralson.

Reading this is like reading another top 200 center prospect wants to come to Purdue.

It’s nice to add players . It’s hard to get excited about a player who projects to be a role player. If he is that great. Does that mean the other players are going to leave before they ever get a chance to prove how great they are?

Didn’t Sisley or some other recruit say he was going to commit before his hs basketball season started?

Last edited:
He sounds ok. Don’t we already have 4 unproven guards who are projected to replace Loyer and smith?

I guess people are tired of talking about Harris, Myles, cox and that other guard? And maybe Heide st the 3. And Wadell plays somewhere.

And we are still recruiting two other guards who are ranked in the top 50 with one who had us in his final 2 along with MSU.

Reading this is like reading another top 200 center prospect wants to come to Purdue.

It’s nice to add players . It’s hard to get excited about a player who projects to be a role player. If he is that great. Does that mean the other players are going to leave before they ever get a chance to prove how great they are?

Didn’t Sisley or some other recruit say he was going to commit before his hs basketball season started?
We got a commit for an open scholarship, it’s not quite what you are making it out to be.

Anyone who doesn’t trust Painter and his decisions on offering players is just choosing to be willfully ignorant.

I guess people are tired of talking about Harris, Myles, cox and that other guard? And maybe Heide st the 3. And Wadell plays somewhere.

And we are still recruiting two other guards who are ranked in the top 50 with one who had us in his final 2 along with MSU.

Geez. Calling him a role player???

I would wager you have seen him play less than the number of good posts you have logged here.

Last edited:

🧐😏🤦🏼‍♂️

and like Smith a 3 star
nice release and soft touch
Correct if I’m wrong, but it looks like he is scoring on one of the boozer twins (I believe the higher ranked one)…and then has no fear with the same one lurking near by. From the limited clips in his highlight reel, looks like he is yet again, another under the radar player who is going to be a perfect fit for this program and leave ppl scratching their heads wondering “how did we miss this kid”?

I guess people are tired of talking about Harris, Myles, cox and that other guard? Bender or Benton And maybe Heide st the 3. And Wadell plays somewhere.

And we are still recruiting two other guards who are ranked in the top 50 with one who had us in his final 2 along with MSU. Mullins and Haralson.

What are you on about now?

You do know all schools can’t get top 15 players right? The only one that usually has multiples was UK and remind me how that has turned out the last decade?

But let’s play your game. Rutgers has 2 potential top 5 lotto picks. People have them ranked all over the place finishing in the top 5 of the B1G and in the lower part. Theres no guarantee they can carry their team of “role players” and themselves to the even the tourney. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t make it.

You seem to think of yourself as a smart guy, so I’d assume you’d realize painter’s formula has been working over the last decade…no?

Mullins and Haralson aren’t coming here. Again, we’ve been through this. But Mullins doesn’t fit with our “unproven guards” in Colvin, Harris, cox, Smith, Loyer BENTER, and since you always say it, Heide. I would take every one of those guys over Mullins next year. Haralson is a one and done. I would take him on our team, but he would likely the sixth man giving really good mina by end of year. So with that, I’d say he’s going to be featured at MSU.

We are in a very good spot to land Sisley, but he is at IU this weekend with Mullins and Reibe—a kid we were on until paint saw DJ and chose him instead, but you probably would rather have him over dj since the “experts” rank reibe as a better player.

Technically, Sisley should be an IU lean, but not knowing if the coaching staff will be there next year, is giving recruits some pause. And the three mentioned here, all said they want to have their decision made prior to the season, like most kids.

And soon enough, you’ll be talking about West.

Last edited:
Obviously most of you either didn’t understand my post or your reading comprehension is low or you are just bored or you saw a Wolegib post and decided to argue with me.

Every month I see a new post about a player who wants to attend Purdue. We just signed 5 new players. And more before they even play a minute there is a new post about someone new who wants to attend Purdue.

Take some time to look at your own previous posts where you all over hyped the previous 5 players. A couple of you said Myles was going to be a one and done. It didn’t happen. You post stuff about other recruits being can’t miss pro prospects before they ever play a game.

And now somebody new comes along and you give this new recruit the same accolades you gave last yaar’s recruits! Just read your own words what you said at this same yime last year. Do you want me to go into the archives about what you have previously said about Harris,cox, Myles, Heide, Wadell and all the others?

I trust Painter’s judgement as well. But unlike some of you, I believe Painter recruits certain players to be role players to fill out the team.

You don’t take my posts seriously because you don’t understand my sarcasm. It’s hard to take some of your posts seriously when you give. Every player the same positive hype. According to some of you this guy must be as awesome as Mullins and Harralson. And Mullins and Harrslson are as awesome as Myles and Harris. And Myles and Harris were as awesome as smith and Loyer and smith were as awesome as Hunter and it.

Every year you say somebody new is the greatest thing since Rick Mount. You never say anything negative about anybody! It’s hard to take you as a serious poster if all you ever post are positive thoughts. Except if the players goes to msu or IU. Then you rag on him forever.

At least my posts are objective. I said looking at our current team and our incoming recruits I see this player as nothing more than a role player at Purdue. And it appears the national scouts that assess ratings to players and have actually seen him play and actually know something about high school prospects and are not Purdue HOMERS agree with me

Obviously most of you either didn’t understand my post or your reading comprehension is low or you are just bored or you saw a Wolegib post and decided to argue with me.

Every month I see a new post about a player who wants to attend Purdue. We just signed 5 new players. And more before they even play a minute there is a new post about someone new who wants to attend Purdue.

Take some time to look at your own previous posts where you all over hyped the previous 5 players. A couple of you said Myles was going to be a one and done. It didn’t happen. You post stuff about other recruits being can’t miss pro prospects before they ever play a game.

And now somebody new comes along and you give this new recruit the same accolades you gave last yaar’s recruits! Just read your own words what you said at this same yime last year. Do you want me to go into the archives about what you have previously said about Harris,cox, Myles, Heide, Wadell and all the others?

I trust Painter’s judgement as well. But unlike some of you, I believe Painter recruits certain players to be role players to fill out the team.

You don’t take my posts seriously because you don’t understand my sarcasm. It’s hard to take some of your posts seriously when you give. Every player the same positive hype. According to some of you this guy must be as awesome as Mullins and Harralson. And Mullins and Harrslson are as awesome as Myles and Harris. And Myles and Harris were as awesome as smith and Loyer and smith were as awesome as Hunter and it.

Every year you say somebody new is the greatest thing since Rick Mount. You never say anything negative about anybody! It’s hard to take you as a serious poster if all you ever post are positive thoughts. Except if the players goes to msu or IU. Then you rag on him forever.

At least my posts are objective. I said looking at our current team and our incoming recruits I see this player as nothing more than a role player at Purdue. And it appears the national scouts that assess ratings to players and have actually seen him play and actually know something about high school prospects and are not Purdue HOMERS agree with me
Too long to read. Way too long. Absurd cost/benefit. Try to be concise.

I was just over on the grid forum trying to help you understand football and when I switch to hoops, here you are. I encourage you to take up golf. It is a great way to waste time without being too much of a mischief.

Dude you are delusional and think all of your posts and opinions are spot on. Well they aren’t. They often are based on little or no research, information or having seen the players you post on. Then you get whiny and become obstinate and defensive about the posts. It’s your reactionary behavior to comments on your posts on a discussion platform that lead to people being critical of your posts. It’s a discussion board, people are going to disagree. People will point out things that don’t make sense and/or are factually incorrect. You are not alone, but seem to end up claiming to feel like a martyr. Most of us are here to discuss, see others opinions, obtain new information and have fun supporting our team(s) and maybe throw shade at other programs occasionally, not to pick on you. None of us should feel that important!
Rant over, so now that I have said what I feel like needed to be said, I’ll say that I don’t know you or have anything against you and I hope you have a great weekend.

I have no idea whether he’ll be a bust, role player or star. I’m pretty sure you don’t either. Given Painter’s history, predicting a recruit to be a role player is as risky of an assessment as anointing him as a star.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

This is why I have you on ignore, Wolstoy.

Reactions: Riveting

C'mon Wole, buddy......I think you might be glossing over that recruiting never ever stops, especially so in this new age of the portal and NIL now.....plus, young Mr. West is in a new class.

I can't speak for you or any of my fellow posters, but this doesn't at all take away from the incoming players or my thoughts on potential - and yes, some of them will see significant minutes this year.

I also like that Matt Painter continues to mine the border States as well as Purdue's home State of Indiana. Naturally, no one knows for sure ow things will work out - not even Painter, nor what happens with the roster or particular in two or three years.

We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT