ADVERTISEMENT

And we get Courtney Green ????

Green was fine this year, the Green is fixing games crap is just that. I watched every game, some games he was outstanding, no doubt, sometimes he misses calls, it goes both ways. I hate the harping on refs stuff, opposing fans think the refs are in the bag for Purdue, total crap as well.

Green was fine this year, the Green is fixing games crap is just that. I watched every game, some games he was outstanding, no doubt, sometimes he misses calls, it goes both ways. I hate the harping on refs stuff, opposing fans think the refs are in the bag for Purdue, total crap as well.
I don't think he is fixing games in any way, but our record ATS with him the past few years is crazy.

Reactions: Abugabby
I don't think he is fixing games in any way, but our record ATS with him the past few years is crazy.
I get that, they did cover a few times this year though. Let’s be honest, Purdue is always favored lately, sometimes they are over inflated and don’t cover. Still bothers me reading from fans how he’s fixing games, we complain when other fans do it but think this man is doing it. I thought Green was solid this year.

He worked:

Eastern KY - won 80-53
Michigan - won 99-67
NW - won 105-96 (OT)
MSU - won 80-74
Wisky - won 78-70
MSU (N) - won 67-62

I don't have historical betting lines but I'd guess we covered the first 2 and not the last 4?

Of course it would have been 2-4 if not for Storr's steal late when Purdue was just running out the clock.

Lines I saw were:

EKU - 28.5
Michigan - 17.5
Northwestern - 14.5
Michigan State - 10.5
Wisconsin - 9.5
Michigan State (BTT) - 7.5

ChiBoiler should confirm. :)

He worked:

Eastern KY - won 80-53
Michigan - won 99-67
NW - won 105-96 (OT)
MSU - won 80-74
Wisky - won 78-70
MSU (N) - won 67-62

I don't have historical betting lines but I'd guess we covered the first 2 and not the last 4?
Correct, that MSU and Wisky game were terrible Purdue non covers and had nothing to do with him though, Purdue took their foot off the gas and MSU and Wisky pushed hard at the end hitting meaningless 3’s.

Of course it would have been 2-4 if not for Storr's steal late when Purdue was just running out the clock.

Lines I saw were:

EKU - 28.5
Michigan - 17.5
Northwestern - 14.5
Michigan State - 10.5
Wisconsin - 9.5

That Wisky game was a sick non cover, also, being good like Purdue is their lines are usually inflated a bit, most people play the chalk.

Reactions: pboiler18
That Wisky game was a sick non cover, also, being good like Purdue is their lines are usually inflated a bit, most people play the chalk.

A quintessential SVP Bad Beat......

"Ok, Boilers.....all you have to do is run the clock......there's a three.....we're still ok, folks......there's another three......getting nervous, but we're still all right.......oh, it's the bench......just don't do something sillly here.....shot clock....hmmmm........what's Storr doing????????
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

A quintessential SVP Bad Beat......

"Ok, Boilers.....all you have to do is run the clock......there's a three.....we're still ok, folks......there's another three......getting nervous, but we're still all right.......oh, it's the bench......just don't do something sillly here.....shot clock....hmmmm........what's Storr doing????????
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"
Yea, that was a brutal one, didn’t have it though. Had a few player props that hurt, usually involving Loyer missing by half a point lol. Never get mad at those though, fans that do need to stop gambling.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

Lines I saw were:

EKU - 28.5
Michigan - 17.5
Northwestern - 14.5
Michigan State - 10.5
Wisconsin - 9.5

Sounds about right. I don't have any better sources than anyone else for what a line WAS after it was played. I thought the Wisconsin line was 10.5 and they covered with the 3 before the steal and layup but I might be thinking about the total.

On that note, we are still -9.5. UConn dropped to 11.5

Sounds about right. I don't have any better sources than anyone else for what a line WAS after it was played. I thought the Wisconsin line was 10.5 and they covered with the 3 before the steal and layup but I might be thinking about the total.

On that note, we are still -9.5. UConn dropped to 11.5
DraftKings has UCONN 5.5 favorites against Purdue right now, they got lines on every scenario.

Szelc has also done a bunch of Purdue games - just ask TJ for his thoughts. :)
you know when I saw his name on the list I wasn't too happy. He can however make up for his previous errors. Green just watches the game and forgets to use his whistle and so you can expect it to get physical...which I already pointed out how old NCS was with 19 years after high school in 4 starters...almost a fifth year average

I get that, they did cover a few times this year though. Let’s be honest, Purdue is always favored lately, sometimes they are over inflated and don’t cover. Still bothers me reading from fans how he’s fixing games, we complain when other fans do it but think this man is doing it. I thought Green was solid this year.
I’ve never said I think he’s fixing games. But there absolutely can be refs who stylistically impact outcomes with the way they call facets of games.

I’ve never said I think he’s fixing games. But there absolutely can be refs who stylistically impact outcomes with the way they call facets of games.
Didn’t mean you, there’s been others all year insinuating it, it’s ridiculous and not fair for him. I actually think he’s done good this year, in the past maybe not so much.

It covered for me as I took wisky and the points knowing green was reffing 😊
Yea, Green had nothing to do with that, Purdue had the reserves in, Wisky’s starters had a late push to cover, that was ridiculous, glad I didn’t have it.

I would fully expect us to get Green AND Anderson. If so, we might be sorta screwed.
Anderson has recent, bad experience with State. Our game at Virginia this year, was like Mortal Combat, for one team. He was awful. Roger Ayers is another, that should not be there.

Reactions: boilerzz
No. Refs almost never do consecutive games with the same team.

So if Anderson, Ayers and Oglesby are working the final, then 6 of the other 8 listed will work the other two games and the last 2 guys are alternates.
Oh so these 3 are doing the final? Just a confusing tweet by Goodman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT