ADVERTISEMENT

All of you rich professionals are to blame for poverty

TheGunner

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Well-paid professionals like me benefit as consumers from the poverty wages paid to others in an economy where Uber is a verb and surveilled and squeezed gig workers respond to —and deliver — our every need.

Nevermind the continuous feed of immigrants who are being put into hotels by our federal government and having meals delivered to their room so Democrats can have enough cheap labor in the fields to feed their Democrat cities.

Maybe take all of the funds that are being consumed by immigrants and give them to the poor. $182B is a lot of money. (That’s $4k for every poverty stricken citizen 45MM)

And from the first article….That would amount to an estimated $175 billion annually; those resources would then be allocated to expand broadly popular programs, like the Earned Income Tax Credit, that directly alleviate poverty. He also advocates for structural reforms that reverse the practices that deny poor people choices in housing, banking and employment.

So the first article acknowledges that supporting immigration is the core reason poverty exists

Last edited:
Well-paid professionals like me benefit as consumers from the poverty wages paid to others in an economy where Uber is a verb and surveilled and squeezed gig workers respond to —and deliver — our every need.

Nevermind the continuous feed of immigrants who are being put into hotels by our federal government and having meals delivered to their room so Democrats can have enough cheap labor in the fields to feed their Democrat cities.

Maybe take all of the funds that are being consumed by immigrants and give them to the poor. $182B is a lot of money. (That’s $4k for every poverty stricken citizen 45MM)

And from the first article….That would amount to an estimated $175 billion annually; those resources would then be allocated to expand broadly popular programs, like the Earned Income Tax Credit, that directly alleviate poverty. He also advocates for structural reforms that reverse the practices that deny poor people choices in housing, banking and employment.

So the first article acknowledges that supporting immigration is the core reason poverty exists
182 bil is a lot. Wait until you hear how much the Trump tax cuts add to the deficit.

We should probably just increase taxes and give the money to people trying to enter the country illegally
Isn’t that already in place with free cell phones, health care, a place to live, education, food and clothing.

Reactions: TheGunner
You have a link showing illegal immigrants get those benefits?
So you have doubts when these immigrants step over the border with nothing they aren’t taken care of. And yes they are illegal until they become legal by becoming a citizen. We can argue semantics until the pigs fly.

Reactions: pboiler18
So you have doubts when these immigrants step over the border with nothing they aren’t taken care of. And yes they are illegal until they become legal by becoming a citizen. We can argue semantics until the pigs fly.
It’s not semantics lol. It’s lies. They only get emergency health care. They don’t get free lodging. I don’t where you get the idea they get free clothes. Some get snap benefits but not much more. If they get a phone it’s only to be used to contact federal authorities about their status. Their children do get free schooling.

It’s important that we deal in facts if we’re going to solve the damn problem. You read or heard those lies and just pass them on. That doesn’t help.

And before someone freaks out and and starts giving examples of what you say, some states assist illegals in other ways.

• Haha
It’s not semantics lol. It’s lies. They only get emergency health care. They don’t get free lodging. I don’t where you get the idea they get free clothes. Some get snap benefits but not much more. If they get a phone it’s only to be used to contact federal authorities about their status. Their children do get free schooling.

It’s important that we deal in facts if we’re going to solve the damn problem. You read or heard those lies and just pass them on. That doesn’t help.

And before someone freaks out and and starts giving examples of what you say, some states assist illegals in other ways.
Per Eric Adams spokesperson NYC has housed, fed, and cared for 65k immigrants.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/13/us/new-york-city-migrants-orange-county/index.html

In Chicago they have turned a Michigan Ave. hotel into a shelter. And there is a huge fight in a black neighborhood where they are converting a school into a shelter without consent from the residents.

Do you think the immigrants are paying rent or room and board? Seriously. How do you not know this is happening? It’s scary that people lack simple knowledge of what is going on in this country.

Per Eric Adams spokesperson NYC has housed, fed, and cared for 65k immigrants.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/13/us/new-york-city-migrants-orange-county/index.html

In Chicago they have turned a Michigan Ave. hotel into a shelter. And there is a huge fight in a black neighborhood where they are converting a school into a shelter without consent from the residents.

Do you think the immigrants are paying rent or room and board? Seriously. How do you not know this is happening? It’s scary that people lack simple knowledge of what is going on in this country.
AS I SAID, some STATES assist with some of these items. But I assumed the poster was saying our evil federal government provides everything the illegals could possibly need.

It IS scary that you and others repeat these lies and know so little about the topic, considering how much MAGA rants about it.

I KNOW most illegal immigrants pay for their own room and board where I am. You should get out in the real world.

You think the undocumented workers in Florida are getting free room and board? Anywhere in the South? Lol. Hell, after July 1 they can’t even work in Florida. Wait and see what happens when there’s no one to build homes and commercial structures or pick the produce or work in the hotels or cut the grass.

182 bil is a lot. Wait until you hear how much the Trump tax cuts add to the deficit.
How about we add the $150B Biden has wasted on Ukraine? Add that to the $182.

And, I assume since you aren't in favor of tax cuts, that any financial benefit you receive from them, that you'll be writing a check to the IRS for that amount, since you feel bad about it. The IRS will take a personal check from any US citizen.

Oh Bob...don't be so naive. Even the most liberal of liberal rags has stories on it.

And, I assume since you aren't in favor of tax cuts, that any financial benefit you receive from them, that you'll be writing a check to the IRS for that amount, since you feel bad about it. The IRS will take a personal check from any US citizen.
Very cool, still way less than the trillions added to the deficit with the Trump tax cuts.

And sure, I'll do that right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Very cool, still way less than the trillions added to the deficit with the Trump tax cuts.

And sure, I'll do that right now.
Make sure to post of picture of your check, as well as video of you riding your bike to drop it off in the mailbox. And remember, no bottled water for you. It's not environmentally friendly

• Love
Oh Bob...don't be so naive. Even the most liberal of liberal rags has stories on it.

I
That’s the STATE for the third time. They’re not spending your precious tax dollars in NY. Why does it bother you so much, other than your discomfort with poor brown people that aren’t doing your lawn?

AS I SAID, some STATES assist with some of these items. But I assumed the poster was saying our evil federal government provides everything the illegals could possibly need.

It IS scary that you and others repeat these lies and know so little about the topic, considering how much MAGA rants about it.

I KNOW most illegal immigrants pay for their own room and board where I am. You should get out in the real world.

You think the undocumented workers in Florida are getting free room and board? Anywhere in the South? Lol. Hell, after July 1 they can’t even work in Florida. Wait and see what happens when there’s no one to build homes and commercial structures or pick the produce or work in the hotels or cut the grass.

Um. Lies like the actual numbers reported by the Biden Administration. Love the MAGA comment but I live in the world of truth and congressional testimony. This is from 2021 and it probably doubled or tripled. And a lot of that State and local money is federal grant. Like many municipalities using Covid funds.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/09/immigration-biden-migrants-minors-shelter/
As for Florida. eVerify is the law. Federal statute. So is the requirement of a work visa. In previous threads on other subjects you have been very quick to shout “nobody is above the law!” Are you saying you think some people don’t need to follow the law?

And ask anybody who has had their identity stolen by an illegal worker and had to clean up years of unpaid taxes borne to an illegal worker or found out that somebody trashed their credit. Are you considering these costs?

Truth be told. Young black kids used to be prevalent on work crews getting good paying apprenticeships with construction firms, pavers, roofers, etc. They have been replaced. Maybe we can go back to giving that population these opportunities that built solid black communities in places like South Chicago?

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
I
That’s the STATE for the third time. They’re not spending your precious tax dollars in NY. Why does it bother you so much, other than your discomfort with poor brown people that aren’t doing your lawn?
Or cleaning my table at the restaurant.

I
It is amazing how much you post despite knowing so little. Yes NYC and NY are “paying” for it but much is funded through Federal programs via pass through. Just one - FEMA Emergency Food and Shelter Program.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/20/omnibus-spending-bill-migrants-00074785

Want a report on just health care?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...-for-unauthorized-immigrants/?sh=57d7e2c61aaf

And you do understand that much of what a state and local “spend” are actually via federally- funded pass throughs and grants? Like your schools, libraries, parks, community buildings, water and waste treatment, etc. etc.

You really need to take a class in how government works before posting on it.

You roasted Obama for doing almost nothing to stop Russia from taking Crimea. Biden is leading the world in opposition to them doing the same thing to Ukraine. Can you pick a lane…….or do you just want to stop Russia without spending any money?

Reactions: BNIBoiler
You roasted Obama for doing almost nothing to stop Russia from taking Crimea. Biden is leading the world in opposition to them doing the same thing to Ukraine. Can you pick a lane…….or do you just want to stop Russia without spending any money?
Man are you so correct. The right wingers and Faux News beat up Obama to death about Crimea during that time. Now Biden is doing something and without engaging our troops, and the same folks are beating up Biden for spending money to help. All the right wingers want to focus on is how the Ukraine is corrupt and say absolutely nothing about Putin and Russia.

Man are you so correct. The right wingers and Faux News beat up Obama to death about Crimea during that time. Now Biden is doing something and without engaging our troops, and the same folks are beating up Biden for spending money to help. All the right wingers want to focus on is how the Ukraine is corrupt and say absolutely nothing about Putin and Russia.
Many beat up BHO in connecting his hot mic moment, in which he essentially admitted to lying to US voters, to his later stance on Crimea. It looked like a deal with 'Vlad' to many. BHO was a real slime in unguarded moments like this in which he was not sheltered by the regime media, right bni?

I never posted a single message about Obama, Russia and Crimea. If you can find it, share it.
Frankly, I didn't care. Let Europe figure that out, not the US.

I can think of about 1000 ways that the $150B in US tax payers money could be used to help US citizens instead of being given to fight a dead end war in Europe that the US isn't even involved in.

Many beat up BHO in connecting his hot mic moment, in which he essentially admitted to lying to US voters, to his later stance on Crimea. It looked like a deal with 'Vlad' to many. BHO was a real slime in unguarded moments like this in which he was not sheltered by the regime media, right bni?

Gotta a feeling that this will be ignored. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1
I can think of about 1000 ways that the $150B in US tax payers money could be used to help US citizens instead of being given to fight a dead end war in Europe that the US isn't even involved in.
I imagine if we didn’t provide the Ukraine with all the military equipment the war would have been over a long time ago. Many lives would have been saved.

I imagine if we didn’t provide the Ukraine with all the military equipment the war would have been over a long time ago. Many lives would have been saved.
Trump made that point very nicely in the townhall, when the CNN hack asked him several times if he wanted Ukraine to win, and he replied each time that he wants all the dying to stop.

That is why the dem and repub establishment hate him so much - he is a threat to their continual war blood profits.

If Biden did not spend $150B and Russia took over Ukraine, y’all would have blame him for and said that he did not do anything to stop it. Just like y’all said with Crimea. Are you happy that Obama did not spent $150B to stop the Crimea take over?

If Biden did not spend $150B and Russia took over Ukraine, y’all would have blame him for and said that he did not do anything to stop it. Just like y’all said with Crimea. Are you happy that Obama did not spent $150B to stop the Crimea take over?
No, we would blame wealthy European nations who, unlike the US, are on the same land mass as Ukraine and Russia. Those nations have the money to buy advanced weapons from US suppliers if they feel threatened by Russia's invasion of Ukraine - but why should they when our senile president can be so easily manipulated by the DC establishment to use US taxpayer money instead.

Last edited:
No, we would blame wealthy European nations who, unlike the US, are on the same land mass as Ukraine and Russia. Those nations have the money to buy advanced weapons from US suppliers if they feel threatened by Russia's invasion of Ukraine - but why should they when our senile president can be so easily manipulated by the DC establishment to use US taxpayer money instead.
Y’all sure didn’t blame the European nations when Obama was president. It all Obama’s fault about Crimea. You seem to forget about that.

So, when Russia does likely take over Ukraine, what then? We'll probably be in for well over $200B by then.

Y’all sure didn’t blame the European nations when Obama was president. It all Obama’s fault about Crimea. You seem to forget about that.
Speak for yourself (and all black people, in your view). Staying out of Crimea, even if part of a corrupt election deal with Vlad, was one of BHO's few intelligent moves.

Same principle: wealthy Euro countries can pay to fight Russia in Crimea or anywhere else on the Euro landmass. They are far wealthier than Russia. The US will sell the EU all the advanced weapons it wants - but again, they prefer for us to fund it all. And why wouldn't they?

"From 1989 through 2020, Russian GDP never exceeded 15% of the EU’s."

Speak for yourself (and all black people, in your view). Staying out of Crimea, even if part of a corrupt election deal with Vlad, was one of BHO's few intelligent moves.

Same principle: wealthy Euro countries can pay to fight Russia in Crimea or anywhere else on the Euro landmass. They are far wealthier than Russia. The US will sell the EU all the advanced weapons it wants - but again, they prefer for us to fund it all. And why wouldn't they?

"From 1989 through 2020, Russian GDP never exceeded 15% of the EU’s."

Well, right wingers and Faux News did not think it was intelligent to stay out of Crimea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT