ADVERTISEMENT

All-Big Ten ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
April Wilson was named second-team All-Big Ten (coaches/media) while Ashley Morrissette was honorable mention.

Rachel Banham is Player of Year; Jessica Shepard freshman; and Teri Moran coach.

Nice to have another Purdue grad as COY. Moran has done a terrific job. When we beat them, I was not that impressed,but they won a lot of games. I remember when Indiana was always a sure win. Times have changed. Given the BTT brackets, unlikely we will meet them again this year.
Interesting that we had no first team BT players, tho Wilson was first team defense. What this team is missing is a big star that we often had in the past, sometimes more than one in our glory days. McBryde could be that eventually and Morrisette could have that kind of senior year. Don't know enough about our recruits to know if any of them are in that category. Wonder if we will be able to draw any big timers. Like the men tho we seem to get enough decent talent to compete.

If Wilson had been able to play consistently throughout the whole season I'd have made a case for 1st team for her. Given the issues we had halfway through the conference season, I think 2nd team is about right for her.

We have some good players due back next season. Morrissette, McBryde, and Perry is a good start. If we can find good point guard play, some defense/rebounding from the center position, and some depth then they can have a good season next year. Some questions remaining but those three are a decent start.

Agree, I can see us doing as well and perhaps better. Sure hope we do win our first round BTT game. If so Mich State is going to be a beast, but Sharon has had success in the past against Merchant, fondly remembering when we won a BTT by routing a heavily favored Spartan team a few years back.

Reactions: DocRon
Agree, I can see us doing as well and perhaps better. Sure hope we do win our first round BTT game. If so Mich State is going to be a beast, but Sharon has had success in the past against Merchant, fondly remembering when we won a BTT by routing a heavily favored Spartan team a few years back.

Would love that (beating MSU). My wife and I are going down to Indy for the tournament tomorrow and hope we see more than one Purdue game. If we do lose to MSU (or heaven forbid in our first game) then we will root for MSU to take it (got my doctorate there so it is my second collegiate love but far distant from my passion for Purdue.) And of course root against IU. Hope there will be a good Purdue contingent there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT