ADVERTISEMENT

Again...

I don't think this one was on the PGs...

Purdue wasn't supposed to win tonight... they should have though. Swanigan has no business shooting the # of 3s he does. Purdue was playing at their best tonight when they were attacking the basket. They stopped doing that, and surprise surprise, they gave up the lead and lost the game.

I don't think this one was on the PGs...

Purdue wasn't supposed to win tonight... they should have though. Swanigan has no business shooting the # of 3s he does. Purdue was playing at their best tonight when they were attacking the basket. They stopped doing that, and surprise surprise, they gave up the lead and lost the game.

I don'y blame our PG's for losing. I blame them for not being able to win. MD's PG smoked us. I agree with your point about attacking.

We played and coached good enough to win this game if we could have just hit a couple outside shots.

Reactions: mathboy
When one of your best 3 pt. shooters is glued to the bench, who's fault is that???

Have you thought maybe the player has something to do with this. We have no clue what the circumstances are behind this.

Have you thought maybe the player has something to do with this. We have no clue what the circumstances are behind this.
CMP said earlier in the week he probably wasn't going to play him. If he's on the team and practices, he's ready to play... Otherwise don't dress him.

Disagree about the coaching. Our inability to hit an outside shot killed us
That's pretty much a constant refrain on here. The missed 3's what 2-24. Why are they chucking up soo many 3's when they aren't hitting them? Why is Swanigan shooting 5 3pters and missing all of them? You want him under the boards not out shooting 3's... How is it the coach's fault when they don't execute offensively in the last 5 minutes of a game? Maryland was ripe for a loss today. A floor leader at the PG is the issue... A good PG would have been slashing to the basket and feeding Hammons. What you saw in the last 5 minutes was everyone wanted to be a hero instead of playing team basketball.

People want to betch about Painter but the real issue is the lack of a GOOD top point guard. I like that C. Edwards coming in next year. But this team does not execute offensively in the clutch against top level competition.

That's pretty much a constant refrain on here. The missed 3's what 2-24. Why are they chucking up soo many 3's when they aren't hitting them? Why is Swanigan shooting 5 3pters and missing all of them? You want him under the boards not out shooting 3's... How is it the coach's fault when they don't execute offensively in the last 5 minutes of a game? Maryland was ripe for a loss today. A floor leader at the PG is the issue... A good PG would have been slashing to the basket and feeding Hammons. What you saw in the last 5 minutes was everyone wanted to be a hero instead of playing team basketball.

People want to betch about Painter but the real issue is the lack of a GOOD top point guard. I like that C. Edwards coming in next year. But this team does not execute offensively in the clutch against top level competition.
Note: Your entire post is on Painter

I don'y blame our PG's for losing. I blame them for not being able to win. MD's PG smoked us. I agree with your point about attacking.

R u shitting me? Melo 'Floppy' Trimble didnt have a single made bucket until like 8 min left in the game. Sure, he handed out some dimes but other than that... meh, sure seems like PU outplayed the turtles for bout 90% of the game. (what was the score with round 3 min left? thought PU had maybe a one point lead still before crapping)

No excuses, I am just correctly identifying where to place the blame. Its on the outside shooters and wings today, not the point guard and coach.

It sure isn't the PGs fault, but it's VERY clear Purdue lacks a PG to penetrate and get into the lane.

The only way Hammons gets the ball is off of a post feed. That's too predictable.

Their 3-pt shooting percentage was nearly twice as good as ours. Plus, they have better athletes and don't rely on the outside shooting as much as us.
Twice as good as ours would not be much.

Oh dear. Next it will be, "It's not who you play..."
I should've guessed "fans" like you would be out today LOL..........you all penciled this in as a loss, but still find time to dump on the Boilers and the coaching in a tight game on the road

Maryland played great today, absolutely great. I had hoped they might flinch, but they were rock solid. We did what we could. A few more 3-pt shots going down made all the difference. If we had hit them, Maryland could not have shut off the inside game. Might be a different story when they come to WL, and they have to use our balls.

:cool:

Reactions: PU pit bull
I should've guessed "fans" like you would be out today LOL..........you all penciled this in as a loss, but still find time to dump on the Boilers and the coaching in a tight game on the road[/QUOTE

Bettee showings in the 2 areas mentioned and we should have won. Sorry. I'm still a fan.

What are you smoking? Placing blame is the exact opposite of making excuses.
How about we credit Maryland with playing a great game today instead of finding someone to "blame". Reflecting a loss like this inward is a loser mind set.

:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT