ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan

Really Bob? Why does Biden lie all the time about virtually everything? It's what he does and you have to be living under a rock to not be aware of it.

Biden said that our departure from Afghanistan was a great success. I suppose you believe that, too?
Biden was truthful, the withdrawal was a success in his mind.
Give China a military advantage in the ME. We have to keep that Hunter money coming in.
120,000 unvetted refugees that will be put on a fast track to citizenship along with the 1.2 million illegals that came in from the Southern Border.
90% democratic voters.
If you're Biden what's not to like.
BTW has anyone else noticed N. Korea is shooting off rockets again.
Rocket man is really happy Trump is out of office.

Biden was truthful, the withdrawal was a success in his mind.
Give China a military advantage in the ME. We have to keep that Hunter money coming in.
120,000 unvetted refugees that will be put on a fast track to citizenship along with the 1.2 million illegals that came in from the Southern Border.
90% democratic voters.
If you're Biden what's not to like.
BTW has anyone else noticed N. Korea is shooting off rockets again.
Rocket man is really happy Trump is out of office.
Yup, the Left HATED Orange Man, but the rest of the world feared & respected him. Show me any world leader, who respects Biden or has the least bit of fear about Biden?

TDS has made this country a lot weaker and when we are perceived as being weak, we are vulnerable.

Reactions: Crayfish57
We haven't had a death in Afghanistan in 18 months, until Biden's fiasco.

We could have maintained a presence (2500 troops) in Afghanistan in a supporting role. The Afghani's do the fighting and we provide air cover and SAT Intel. It would give us a presence in the region and give us some good airfields to operate from. If there were a major terrorist buildup, we could thin the herd.

There are rumblings that China wants to take over Bagram AF, which really allows them to project power to the ME.

As I said earlier, I was in favor of leaving, but I can see a lot of reasons that staying may have been more beneficial to us. Having a major AF at China's back door was a major gift that Biden gave China. There may be a day, when we wish we had it back.
You realize the withdraw was negotiated with the taliban under the trump administration right, including the dates for a total withdraw? The 2500 troops weren't welcome past the agreed withdraw dates and the 18months of no casualties would surely have ended if we didn't hold up our end of the deal with the Taliban.

The Russians took their turn, then the Americans. If the Chinese want to go fight in that sand pit, have at it.

Yup, the Left HATED Orange Man, but the rest of the world feared & respected him. Show me any world leader, who respects Biden or has the least bit of fear about Biden?

TDS has made this country a lot weaker and when we are perceived as being weak, we are vulnerable.
The world laughed at trump, literally, on several occasions.

TDS is one of the best examples of mirroring by the RWNJ's. Republicans start screaming FRAUDDDD even before elections take place now days. It's sad that almost a year later, a majority of pubs haven't accepted the results of an election where they lost bigly and wanted to fight it out on the capitol grounds to get their way. Definition of snowflakes.

You realize the withdraw was negotiated with the taliban under the trump administration right, including the dates for a total withdraw?
A conditions based withdrawal on May 1st. Taliban was not meeting those conditions, so Biden had an out of the agreement (if he wanted). Biden didn't abide by the May 1st agreement, instead he wanted a 9/11 political "mission accomplished" commercial. So changed the withdrawal date, even though Taliban were not meeting conditions in agreement. Biden ran on getting out of Afghanistan. The withdrawal happened on his watch, on his schedule. He owns it.

A conditions based withdrawal on May 1st. Taliban was not meeting those conditions, so Biden had an out of the agreement (if he wanted). Biden didn't abide by the May 1st agreement, instead he wanted a 9/11 political "mission accomplished" commercial. So changed the withdrawal date, even though Taliban were not meeting conditions in agreement. Biden ran on getting out of Afghanistan. The withdrawal happened on his watch, on his schedule. He owns it.
The Taliban wouldn't accept anything beyond the extension. It's well documented. Or again, are you suggesting we send in more troops and stay forever? You seem to go back and forth on this.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
The Taliban wouldn't accept anything beyond the extension. It's well documented. Or again, are you suggesting we send in more troops and stay forever? You seem to go back and forth on this.
BS cannot see those were not the only choices. That is because he views the world through internet memes that provide simple-minded 'solutions' he thinks he can understand.

They already "accepted" moving the date from May 1st to September 11/August 31st. Since 2014 it had largely been fighting between Afghan Army and Taliban. US was providing strategic support and air cover.

The article you linked was from August 23rd. That's already after Biden had made a debacle of the withdrawal and was down on his knees begging the Taliban for mercy.

Afghanistan was not a black and white issue. There were good arguments on both sides, with multiple options available to Biden. Unfortunately he chose the worst possible path of an incompetent withdrawal that angered our allies and emboldened the terrorists in Afghanistan.

They already "accepted" moving the date from May 1st to September 11/August 31st. Since 2014 it had largely been fighting between Afghan Army and Taliban. US was providing strategic support and air cover.
September 11/Aug 31. What does that even mean?
The article you linked was from August 23rd. That's already after Biden had made a debacle of the withdrawal and was down on his knees begging the Taliban for mercy.
Biden deployed more troops in the withdraw. It was messy and could have been done better, but hindsight is 20/20.

It's obvious where you read your news with takes like "[biden] was down on his knees begging the taliban for mercy".
Afghanistan was not a black and white issue. There were good arguments on both sides, with multiple options available to Biden. Unfortunately he chose the worst possible path of an incompetent withdrawal that angered our allies and emboldened the terrorists in Afghanistan.
What were the multiple options? How do you know the results of any other option wouldn't have had similar or worse outcomes?

I'd say no American deaths from the Taliban in the withdraw (civilian or military) is pretty good. Longer occupation just gives more targets like the Americans killed in the ISIS attack in Kabul.

September 11/Aug 31. What does that even mean?

Biden deployed more troops in the withdraw. It was messy and could have been done better, but hindsight is 20/20.

It's obvious where you read your news with takes like "[biden] was down on his knees begging the taliban for mercy".

What were the multiple options? How do you know the results of any other option wouldn't have had similar or worse outcomes?

I'd say no American deaths from the Taliban in the withdraw (civilian or military) is pretty good. Longer occupation just gives more targets like the Americans killed in the ISIS attack in Kabul.

2) Biden put the Taliban in charge of security at the Airport. 13 Marines were killed and a bunch injured. We still have Americans stranded in Afghanistan.

3) The military leaders advised Biden to continue with the counter terrorism operation in Afghanistan.

Why would they, we withdrew our troops and handed over Bagram air base to them.
We were left with NO negotiating power.
We even let the Taliban dictate who was allowed to leave the Country.
Thus 120,000 unvetted Afghan refugees.
Want to take bets on how long before China owns Bagram?
The stupidity on this board is ridiculous.

How the Hell do you call that Fuster Cluck successful. People died NEEDLESSLY. More people may yet get tortured & die. We still have an undetermined number of Americans left in Afghanistan and NO PLAN to get them out. Blinken is in way over his head and is spending his time peeing down his leg, since he has no idea what to do.

Biden & Blinken brag about getting over 120K Afghanis out of the country. Sadly, we have NO IDEA, who most of them are. Of the interpreters that we were supposed to get out, the latest estimate I heard was that about 85% were still left behind.

We also left over $80 Billion worth of high tech military gear behind for China & Russia to reverse engineer. If you call that a success, I'd hate to see what you consider a failure.
A withdrawal after a 20 year occupation as an indigenous radical islamic group is taking control of the country is not gonna go smoothly, I don't care who is president.

Died needlessly? The troops died from a terrorist attack by Isis K.

It was successful because we are GONE. A politician listened to 75% of the American people.
Trump couldn't get that promise done in 4 years, then he just set the conditions under which we left.......to the next admin.......and released 5000 taliban prisoners, and undermined the Afghan government by leaving them out of the negotiations. Not to mention HE withdrew too many troops too fast.

It was successful because we are GONE.
The deaths are 100% avoidable likely had the military not been pulled out ahead of time. Fact. And the 100 or so Americans still there prove your statement I quoted here wrong.

If this was Trump doing it, you hypocrites on the left would be screaming from the rooftops to have his head, literally, on a pike. You would probably be first in line to lop off his head.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
A withdrawal after a 20 year occupation as an indigenous radical islamic group is taking control of the country is not gonna go smoothly, I don't care who is president.

Died needlessly? The troops died from a terrorist attack by Isis K.

It was successful because we are GONE. A politician listened to 75% of the American people.
Trump couldn't get that promise done in 4 years, then he just set the conditions under which we left.......to the next admin.......and released 5000 taliban prisoners, and undermined the Afghan government by leaving them out of the negotiations. Not to mention HE withdrew too many troops too fast.
Sounds like you have been reading the same memes as BS.

The deaths are 100% avoidable likely had the military not been pulled out ahead of time. Fact. And the 100 or so Americans still there prove your statement I quoted here wrong.
At what point do you have to decide for yourself to leave if you are going to? This has been coming for years.
If this was Trump doing it, you hypocrites on the left would be screaming from the rooftops to have his head, literally, on a pike. You would probably be first in line to lop off his head.
Says the guy who downplays the insurrection where they "literally" built a functioning gallows. Never change.

You mean the 11,000 troops trump pulled out in 2020?

The Taliban hates Isis K and they couldn't stop the attack that killed 13.

Conjecture is not a fact.

You are right about one thing. We would be blaming trump for a fcked up pullout. I have no problem blaming Biden for it either. But I would acknowledge that trump accomplished the goal, despite the difficult circumstances.......and I would place appropriate responsibility on his predecessor who made such a fcked up deal to begin with and then left the next guy to clean it up.

• Haha
At what point do you have to decide for yourself to leave if you are going to? This has been coming for years.

Says the guy who downplays the insurrection where they "literally" built a functioning gallows. Never change.
Did they 'literally' chop someone's head off to prove it was functioning, or did you see that in a meme, BS?

You mean the 11,000 troops trump pulled out in 2020?

The Taliban hates Isis K and they couldn't stop the attack that killed 13.

Conjecture is not a fact.

You are right about one thing. We would be blaming trump for a fcked up pullout. I have no problem blaming Biden for it either. But I would acknowledge that trump accomplished the goal, despite the difficult circumstances.......and I would place appropriate responsibility on his predecessor who made such a fcked up deal to begin with and then left the next guy to clean it up.
Sure, just like the mess he left Joe with the southern border. How is that clean up going, in you view, Bob?

Joe ended or changed all kinds of 'deals' Trump made. What kept him from changing this one, Bob?

Sure, just like the mess he left Joe with the southern border. How is that clean up going, in you view, Bob?

Joe ended or changed all kinds of 'deals' Trump made. What kept him from changing this one, Bob?
Change the subject.......and you can't put 5000 people back in prison once they're out, no one wanted to send troops back in, you can't make the Afghan government credible after ignoring them in the negotiations for the future of their country.

• Haha
Change the subject.......and you can't put 5000 people back in prison once they're out, no one wanted to send troops back in, you can't make the Afghan government credible after ignoring them in the negotiations for the future of their country.
But you can hammer the Taliban like Trump did from time to time to help them 'see reason.'

We could have easily sent troops back in to Bagram for a short stay to get all our people out...at least while we still had Bagram.

Abandoning Bagram before we needed to was pure stupidity - as proven by your defense of it, Bob. And you too, bleedinheart, wherever you are hiding. @BleedinGold

Insurrection 🤣🤣

You liberals don’t know the difference between an insurrection and an erection. Just stop already

Insurrection 🤣🤣

You liberals don’t know the difference between an insurrection and an erection. Just stop already
Great, another say nothing post from Jrcrist.

You going to the rally this weekend? I heard it might "be wild" too.

But you can hammer the Taliban like Trump did from time to time to help them 'see reason.'

We could have easily sent troops back in to Bagram for a short stay to get all our people out...at least while we still had Bagram.

Abandoning Bagram before we needed to was pure stupidity - as proven by your defense of it, Bob. And you too, bleedinheart, wherever you are hiding. @BleedinGold
The troops shouldn't have been pulled out to start with. And yeah, Biden made errors by believing the Afghans would would hold up.......and he waited too long to send troops back in. Shocking that he didn't want to send troops BACK INTO a country we were trying to get out of.

Hammer the Taliban.......while we were trying to withdraw? Or before we were going to withdraw? Not sure they would have been helpful during the evacuation if we had just hammered them. How many would have died then?

Gotta say it. You trumpers must be lacking in the fruit basket. Why are you so attracted to someone who only knows win or lose, strong or weak, fight or cower, best ever/worst ever,......unless you're lacking........something. You're the ones screaming at the baseball coach and calling your kid a wimp after he strikes out or drops a fly ball.

The troops shouldn't have been pulled out to start with. And yeah, Biden made errors by believing the Afghans would would hold up.......and he waited too long to send troops back in. Shocking that he didn't want to send troops BACK INTO a country we were trying to get out of.

Hammer the Taliban.......while we were trying to withdraw? Or before we were going to withdraw? Not sure they would have been helpful during the evacuation if we had just hammered them. How many would have died then?

Gotta say it. You trumpers must be lacking in the fruit basket. Why are you so attracted to someone who only knows win or lose, strong or weak, fight or cower, best ever/worst ever,......unless you're lacking........something. You're the ones screaming at the baseball coach and calling your kid a wimp after he strikes out or drops a fly ball.
No, hammer them as soon as they started violating whatever agreement Biden thought he had, whatever that was. It is not clear Joe had any idea, but it is clear that Trump was never so dumb as to agree to abandon Bagram and withdraw troops before our people were out.

Biden or whoever decides things for him could see pretty quickly the Afg army wasn't going to hold up as more and more parts of the country started falling under Taliban control. Yet Joe told the Afg president in a leaked call to pretend like things were going well, while he lied to Americans repeatedly by saying the Afg army is strong enough to withstand the Taliban.

Your last paragraph sets a new standard in Bob incoherence. If someone can translate it into adult English, I would be willing to explain to you how ignorant it no doubt is, assuming I can understand what you are struggling to say.

No, hammer them as soon as they started violating whatever agreement Biden thought he had, whatever that was. It is not clear Joe had any idea, but it is clear that Trump was never so dumb as to agree to abandon Bagram and withdraw troops before our people were out.

Biden or whoever decides things for him could see pretty quickly the Afg army wasn't going to hold up as more and more parts of the country started falling under Taliban control. Yet Joe told the Afg president in a leaked call to pretend like things were going well, while he lied to Americans repeatedly by saying the Afg army is strong enough to withstand the Taliban.

Your last paragraph sets a new standard in Bob incoherence. If someone can translate it into adult English, I would be willing to explain to you how ignorant it no doubt is, assuming I can understand what you are struggling to say.
WTF is that? You are right he is going to a level of stupid no Bob has gone before . I think he means to say I voted for an impotent POS.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG

The Taliban was violating the agreement WHILE TRUMP WAS STILL IN OFFICE. How many times do you people need to hear that? Look it up. He did NOTHING either.

You have inadequacies, physical or mental, that causes you to be drawn to leaders that talk tough, call people names, never admit mistakes, places his blame on others on and on ......like I said. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about but, like trump, you project and deflect your issues onto others. Bomb the Taliban was your answer. Dumber than hell but tough. That's all that matters.

• Haha
The Taliban was violating the agreement WHILE TRUMP WAS STILL IN OFFICE. How many times do you people need to hear that? Look it up. He did NOTHING either.

You have inadequacies, physical or mental, that causes you to be drawn to leaders that talk tough, call people names, never admit mistakes, places his blame on others on and on ......like I said. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about but, like trump, you project and deflect your issues onto others. Bomb the Taliban was your answer. Dumber than hell but tough. That's all that matters.
Bob, you are shouting again. Lighten up.

It should be clear even to you by now that Trump's policies were vastly better for the country than Biden.

Your statement about "talk tough, call people names, never admit mistakes, places his blame on others on and on" is exactly what we have seen from Biden. Can you not see that?

Here, exercise your memory:

Yeah this whole argument completely ignores the Taliban. People like SD or Riveting saying we should have waited another year or waited until the spring to get everything organized doesn't take into account what the Taliban wanted or what they would stand for. What are the repercussions of staying when we said we were leaving? How many more Americans would die if we waited another 6 months or a year? What if there was an attack that killed 50 troops......would we bring troops back, start the back up?

The military has been pushing back against 3 presidents who said they wanted out. They always had an argument to stay.......there was always going to be one. If you wait for the perfect time there's never going to be one. Pull off the band-aid and go.
This is a really poor argument, even for you Bob. Starting in November and running through next May, the Taliban grunt soldiers will be busy planting and harvesting their poppy/opium crops. This is their downtime. They DON’T fight then. It’s been this way for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT