ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan

Just when you think the incompetence level couldn't get any worse. This is the drone attack Biden administration bragged about as retaliation for suicide bomb attack on our troops and Afghans at airport.

He probably died happy thinking about how there were no more mean tweets from President Trump right?

Why is this a liberal thing? You want to go back and count innocent corpses killed by drone strikes I doubt the Republican Party comes out looking very good on that one in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a military failure, if true.

Because of what is presented to the American public. One will be bad, one will be an oopsie/bury it.

This one seems to be a light trigger pull. Biden killed 7 kids.

Reactions: pboiler18
Why is this a liberal thing? You want to go back and count innocent corpses killed by drone strikes I doubt the Republican Party comes out looking very good on that one in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a military failure, if true.
I agree that there is usually significant collateral damage in drone strikes and both Parties have been responsible for it.

This was a military failure driven by politics. When the suicide bomber killed 13 of our people, you know the politicians' first concern was the optics, so they were pushing for an immediate response. We already know that SecDef, Milley & McKensie are spineless, so they pushed their people to find a target ASAP and this is what they got.

I was talking to my son shortly after it happened and said, "Don't be surprised if that wasn't an innocent goat herder that just got smoked."

The way they announced the attack made me suspicious. In the past, in a scenario like this, we go after one of their leaders. In this case they kept telling us that it wasn't a leader, but a planner. How do you define a planner? Perhaps Biden should have used a planner, before he started this extraction...

The way they announced the attack made me suspicious. In the past, in a scenario like this, we go after one of their leaders. In this case they kept telling us that it wasn't a leader, but a planner. How do you define a planner? Perhaps Biden should have used a planner, before he started this extraction...
Yep they were being very strange in the way they answered questions on that topic. You could tell they were hiding something. I didn't know it was this though.

The "over the Horizon" capability Biden has been touting isn't going to work as good as he claims in Afghanistan. Not sure I have seen a president fail in so many areas, this early in his presidency.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
in the news back on august 29 - the usa killed kids

"Ten members of one family -- including seven children -- are dead after a US drone strike targeting a vehicle in a residential neighborhood of Kabul, a relative of the dead told CNN.
They were "an ordinary family," a brother of the one of those killed said. "We are not ISIS or Daesh and this was a family home -- where my brothers lived with their families."
At a funeral held later in the day, family members shouted "Death to America." "

Last edited:
Yep they were being very strange in the way they answered questions on that topic. You could tell they were hiding something. I didn't know it was this though.

The "over the Horizon" capability Biden has been touting isn't going to work as good as he claims in Afghanistan. Not sure I have seen a president fail in so many areas, this early in his presidency.
Unfortunately, Biden is living up to and actually exceeding my expectations for incompetence. If he had a staff, who would help him protect himself from himself, he might have been able to avoid some of the landmines. Sadly, Biden was more interested in breaking racial/gender/orientation barriers with all his appointments, and he forgot to require competency. It doesn't bode well for the country, when we have the most incompetent President backed up by the most incompetent Vice President and supported by the most incompetent WH Staff/Cabinet in our history.

Biden's been a bumbling fool for 5 decades, but deluded people thought Biden could grow a brain, if elected. OOOPS, but at least he's not Orange...LOL

Harris slept her way to the AG job in CA and was so impressive in her run for the Presidency that she was the first one out of the race, before the Iowa Caucuses. But she was Black - Check and Female - Check.

Unfortunately, we have a Democrat Congress with a Thelma & Louise complex, who are insisting on driving the country over a cliff and there is NO adult supervision in the WH to stop them.

Reactions: Level 42
This is the war you folks wanted to continue, right?
Typically stupid comment from you.

I have mixed feeling about leaving Afghanistan. At one point I fully supported leaving, but I'm having second thoughts. Bagram AF was a significant asset in a very strategic area. Maintaining a small presence there would have been a good idea from an Intelligence perspective and a Geopolitical context. Proximity to China, Russia & Iran was a distinct positive and it's better to have a forward operating base, should things go to Hell, than to have to fight your way into the country to establish one.

Had we just maintained a supportive role for the Afghani soldiers, letting them do the actual fighting, while we provided some air support, it may have been a workable model.

Regardless, the issue wasn't leaving Afghanistan. It was the HALF ASSED way that Biden left Afghanistan. It was all based on Biden wanting to have a "Spike the Football" moment on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11. That was Biden's SOLE OBJECTIVE. He didn't give a damn about our American civilians, our Afghani interpreters or even our Military members. The only hard objective was the DATE.

As I've said before, if Austin, Milley & McKenzie had spines, they would have objected and offered their resignations, if Biden persisted. Unfortunately, there is not one spine between them.

Reactions: pboiler18
Even the far left media called Biden out for his lie about Al Qaeda. Educate yourself.
I thought the media only helps democrats and only says bad things about trump. o_O

I just made the point that future vs. now are two completely different things that are being mixed by your post.

I thought the media only helps democrats and only says bad things about trump. o_O

I just made the point that future vs. now are two completely different things that are being mixed by your post.
Both are true. Al Qaeda is in Afghanistan today, they were there a month ago as well (Biden apparently didn't know that or chose to lie about it). There is an obvious threat that it will be worse a year or two from now.

Both are true. Al Qaeda is in Afghanistan today, they were there a month ago as well (Biden apparently didn't know that or chose to lie about it). There is an obvious threat that it will be worse a year or two from now.
He has said before that they were degraded in Afghanistan. He made a mistake to an impromptu question. Is that what your point is.......because otherwise you seem to be arguing we should have stayed.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
He made a mistake to an impromptu question.
Lol. He has been involved with foreign policy for decades, and the Afghanistan withdrawal was the biggest foreign policy decision facing him. This wasn't some random question about a technical tax topic in his administration tax plan. This was the central reason we stayed 20 years in Afghanistan, to prevent an Al Qaeda attack on U.S. soil.

He either intentionally lied, or is having problems remembering basic information.

So I'll ask again. You want to be in Afghanistan still? How many more years until it's time to pull out?

So I'll ask again. You want to be in Afghanistan still? How many more years until it's time to pull out?
I think there were good arguments on both sides. If I would've known the withdrawal was going to be so incompetently handled, it would have been better to stay, until a more competent administration was in place.

But the best answer was probably keeping a small number of troops there in a counter terrorism operation.

I think there were good arguments on both sides. If I would've known the withdrawal was going to be so incompetently handled, it would have been better to stay, until a more competent administration was in place.

But the best answer was probably keeping a small number of troops there in a counter terrorism operation.
So keep say 2500 troops there? Forever? Directly fighting the Taliban?

The withdraw was with the support of just 2500 troops. Do you think we should have added more to do the withdraw? How would the Taliban felt about keeping up their end of the bargain by not attacking any Americans by doing so? Would adding troops be worth starting the war back up after both sides (the Americans and Taliban) had agreed to a cease fire?

Breaking our end of the bargain, would the Taliban trust any administration in the future to negotiate a withdraw?

The withdraw was with the support of just 2500 troops. Do you think we should have added more to do the withdraw? How would the Taliban felt about keeping up their end of the bargain by not attacking any Americans by doing so? Would adding troops be worth starting the war back up after both sides (the Americans and Taliban) had agreed to a cease fire?

Breaking our end of the bargain, would the Taliban trust any administration in the future to negotiate a withdraw?
The public was getting a distorted version of the truth from both Trump and Biden. Our troops for last 5+ years really weren't directly fighting the Taliban. Rather providing strategic help and air cover to Afghan Army. As well as conducting a counter terrorism operation.

Last edited:
Lol. He has been involved with foreign policy for decades, and the Afghanistan withdrawal was the biggest foreign policy decision facing him. This wasn't some random question about a technical tax topic in his administration tax plan. This was the central reason we stayed 20 years in Afghanistan, to prevent an Al Qaeda attack on U.S. soil.

He either intentionally lied, or is having problems remembering basic information.
Why would intentionally lie? Because the 75% of the public that said in July they wanted us to leave would change their mind if the knew Al Qaeda was still there?

Yeah, he made a mistake when asked a question.

We were leaving Afghanistan whether Al Qaeda was still there or not. They don't have the numbers or the training camps or the leadership they used to.

Why would intentionally lie?
Why did he say there were no complaints from our allies?
Why did he say there was no problems getting to the airport?

Etc etc etc

He was trying to convince the American people that not only did he make the right decision, but his administration was executing successfully on the withdrawal.

It was clearly a debacle, so he started telling a bunch of lies to make things seem like they were going according to plan.

Yeah this whole argument completely ignores the Taliban. People like SD or Riveting saying we should have waited another year or waited until the spring to get everything organized doesn't take into account what the Taliban wanted or what they would stand for. What are the repercussions of staying when we said we were leaving? How many more Americans would die if we waited another 6 months or a year? What if there was an attack that killed 50 troops......would we bring troops back, start the back up?

The military has been pushing back against 3 presidents who said they wanted out. They always had an argument to stay.......there was always going to be one. If you wait for the perfect time there's never going to be one. Pull off the band-aid and go.

Why did he say there were no complaints from our allies?
Why did he say there was no problems getting to the airport?

Etc etc etc

He was trying to convince the American people that not only did he make the right decision, but his administration was executing successfully on the withdrawal.

It was clearly a debacle, so he started telling a bunch of lies to make things seem like they were going according to plan.
Stop moving the goalposts. When he said Al Qaeda was out we were already withdrawing.

He was obviously trying to make a bad situation look better. The most disappointing part to me of the whole thing. Unfortunately, it won't be the last time a politician from either party tries to convince Americans of something that wasn't true.

He didn't have to convince the American people it was the right decision. THATS WHAT THEY WANTED. You get that right?

He didn't lie about getting us out of the country. It was ugly, disorganized, and successful.

Stop moving the goalposts. When he said Al Qaeda was out we were already withdrawing.

He was obviously trying to make a bad situation look better. The most disappointing part to me of the whole thing. Unfortunately, it won't be the last time a politician from either party tries to convince Americans of something that wasn't true.

He didn't have to convince the American people it was the right decision. THATS WHAT THEY WANTED. You get that right?

He didn't lie about getting us out of the country. It was ugly, disorganized, and successful.
Not moving the goal posts. It's relevant because he told a bunch of lies over that period. That makes it less likely the Al Qaeda answer from Biden was "just a mistake".

Yeah this whole argument completely ignores the Taliban. People like SD or Riveting saying we should have waited another year or waited until the spring to get everything organized doesn't take into account what the Taliban wanted or what they would stand for. What are the repercussions of staying when we said we were leaving? How many more Americans would die if we waited another 6 months or a year? What if there was an attack that killed 50 troops......would we bring troops back, start the back up?

The military has been pushing back against 3 presidents who said they wanted out. They always had an argument to stay.......there was always going to be one. If you wait for the perfect time there's never going to be one. Pull off the band-aid and go.
Bob, I never said we should have waited another year or until the spring.

What I said very clearly from the start of this latest Biden disaster was that we should have waited until our citizens and allies were evacuated before abandoning Bagram and pulling out our troops.

I am not a military guy, but that was obvious to me and to many others and should have been to you and bleedinheart, each of whom tried to say that Bagram was not important in the withdrawal.

Like Joe, you just make stuff up as you go along, seemingly oblivious to reality.

We haven't had a death in Afghanistan in 18 months, until Biden's fiasco.

We could have maintained a presence (2500 troops) in Afghanistan in a supporting role. The Afghani's do the fighting and we provide air cover and SAT Intel. It would give us a presence in the region and give us some good airfields to operate from. If there were a major terrorist buildup, we could thin the herd.

There are rumblings that China wants to take over Bagram AF, which really allows them to project power to the ME.

As I said earlier, I was in favor of leaving, but I can see a lot of reasons that staying may have been more beneficial to us. Having a major AF at China's back door was a major gift that Biden gave China. There may be a day, when we wish we had it back.

Why would intentionally lie? Because the 75% of the public that said in July they wanted us to leave would change their mind if the knew Al Qaeda was still there?

Yeah, he made a mistake when asked a question.

We were leaving Afghanistan whether Al Qaeda was still there or not. They don't have the numbers or the training camps or the leadership they used to.
Really Bob? Why does Biden lie all the time about virtually everything? It's what he does and you have to be living under a rock to not be aware of it.

Biden said that our departure from Afghanistan was a great success. I suppose you believe that, too?

How the Hell do you call that Fuster Cluck successful. People died NEEDLESSLY. More people may yet get tortured & die. We still have an undetermined number of Americans left in Afghanistan and NO PLAN to get them out. Blinken is in way over his head and is spending his time peeing down his leg, since he has no idea what to do.

Biden & Blinken brag about getting over 120K Afghanis out of the country. Sadly, we have NO IDEA, who most of them are. Of the interpreters that we were supposed to get out, the latest estimate I heard was that about 85% were still left behind.

We also left over $80 Billion worth of high tech military gear behind for China & Russia to reverse engineer. If you call that a success, I'd hate to see what you consider a failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT