ADVERTISEMENT

69 is the magic number

Crazy to think, but David Jenkins only needs 69 more points to reach 2000 for his career. He's been playing much better of late. There's a good chance he reaches the milestone, but maybe not until the NCAAT.

That, or he goes off for 69 against the Lions tonight. 🙃
Haven’t counted the games but guessing 6 points a game would get there

Crazy to think, but David Jenkins only needs 69 more points to reach 2000 for his career. He's been playing much better of late. There's a good chance he reaches the milestone, but maybe not until the NCAAT.

That, or he goes off for 69 against the Lions tonight. 🙃
David, Honey, let’s save that 69 pt. game for Saturday….

giphy.gif

Noooo… I’m afraid I type the way I talk and I’m down here in the deep South. As long as I don’t tell you “ Why bless your heart…” all is good :cool:
:) That's funny. I understand that "bless your heart" is a sarcastic response in the South. In Pennsylvania it is truly meant as a blessing. Sometimes it's like a "thank you" when someone does something nice, or it's said in sympathy when someone experiences a tragedy. I learned this at a party when someone from Pennsylvania said it to to someone from Georgia when the Georgian told the sad story about how his dog recently died. The Georgian was insulted until it was explained to him.

Magic number is down to 46 with three games remaining in the regular season. Probably won't happen until the tourney, if at all. C'mon Super Dave! Time to kick in the afterburners.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
:) That's funny. I understand that "bless your heart" is a sarcastic response in the South. In Pennsylvania it is truly meant as a blessing. Sometimes it's like a "thank you" when someone does something nice, or it's said in sympathy when someone experiences a tragedy. I learned this at a party when someone from Pennsylvania said it to to someone from Georgia when the Georgian told the sad story about how his dog recently died. The Georgian was insulted until it was explained to him.
I'm a life long resident of Pa ( except for the time at PU) and I haven't heard " bless your heart too much", maybe the people I hang around with

Thought I saw a stat yesterday saying that when Purdue gets to 69 pts first in a game they have some unbelievable winning %

I don't think you can make that connection. Can be both ways anywhere in the country I think. Certainly is not always sarcastic in the south.

I hate that bless your heart shit. If you don't like me just say F you then I can split your lip. Don't be a pussy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT