ADVERTISEMENT

40K in season tickets sold, the most since 2008.

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Assuming that's not counting student tickets yet. Pretty impressive.
impressive darth vader GIF

Last edited:
A beautifully re-done stadium with terrific sight lines and cold beer, perfectly situated on a gorgeous, easily accessible campus… what’s not to like?

The onus is on CRW and staff to deliver an on- field product that matches the tremendous environment and atmosphere that is Ross-Ade Stadium.

A beautifully re-done stadium with terrific sight lines and cold beer, perfectly situated on a gorgeous, easily accessible campus… what’s not to like?

The onus is on CRW and staff to deliver an on- field product that matches the tremendous environment and atmosphere that is Ross-Ade Stadium.
Tough schedule but really gotta cash it in on the field this year!

Important year for fan support and recruiting!

We only have 6 home games this year so less of a commitment. And 3 of them are elite in Oregon, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Heck I bet scalpers are buying some of the value end zone seats and can more than pay for their tickets selling to those three games. Northwestern, Nebraska, and Indiana State are the other 3.

I wonder how many were sold to Notre Dame and Penn State fans? Both of which travel well. Buying a Purdue season ticket would be cheaper than buying a single game ticket in South Bend or Happy Valley.

I wonder how many were sold to Notre Dame and Penn State fans? Both of which travel well. Buying a Purdue season ticket would be cheaper than buying a single game ticket in South Bend or Happy Valley.
Yes, the north endzone area and value sideline seats are sold out likely for that reason. cheapest season ticket now is $240. I thought about the $300 section and ND for same section on stubhub was over $100, Oregon over $80, Penn state was far less closer to $40, and Nebraska was actually a hit higher at $50. That’s $270 but indiana state was like $4 and northwestern wasn’t much.

Reactions: pboiler18
We only have 6 home games this year so less of a commitment. And 3 of them are elite in Oregon, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Heck I bet scalpers are buying some of the value end zone seats and can more than pay for their tickets selling to those three games. Northwestern, Nebraska, and Indiana State are the other 3.

Yeah. the thought did occur it might be some of the ticket brokers at work. Still, it pays the bills and fills the seats. I just hope I don't get a bunch of obnoxious opponents around our seats.

Yeah. the thought did occur it might be some of the ticket brokers at work. Still, it pays the bills and fills the seats. I just hope I don't get a bunch of obnoxious opponents around our seats.
It may pay the bills but 10,000 seats x $200/seat average for those endzone seats is only $2m. I’d rather sell to the students even if I only get half that money back or get creative with finding Purdue fans that buy those tickets. Purdue fans will still buy the beer, hot dogs, parking, etc and those games will still be sellouts.

It's amazing that in today's sports world 2 million is considered "Chump change". I could life pretty nicely off of that. :)
Yeah, but you don’t “live” in a newly renovated 65,000 seat stadium.

Seems like the demand and cost equation will continue to need to be balanced.

Better go 3-3 at home or better or this could be a long season.....

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT