ADVERTISEMENT

#25 in the AP Poll

Boilers getting some love. I gotta think the Oregon St game is helping a little as well. Iowa drops to #11.

Dang....Purdue got a ton of mileage out of yesterday's performance in the national afternoon slot. I figured the Boilers would get some votes but nowhere near enough to be ranked. Hope they can keep it rolling next week.....snap the streak at fourteen.

Coacheshotseat.com has had Brohm in the #2 position on their site. I guess that a #25 ranking in the poll removes that spot a bit. Orgeron is out at LSU which is a surprise given a NC 2 years ago.

Coacheshotseat.com has had Brohm in the #2 position on their site. I guess that a #25 ranking in the poll removes that spot a bit. Orgeron is out at LSU which is a surprise given a NC 2 years ago.
Sounds like wins and losses are the technical cause for Coach O but plenty of other reasons they wanted him out.

What year is it now?

Hell.....it seems like a lot longer than 14 or 17 years.....damn Boilerepherine. :)
Apparently, it was the longest current drought among power 5 schools.

mr-mom-220.gif

I wasn’t tying that in to 2007. The last 17 years have been long.. that we have gone 14 of those years without being ranked is not surprising

I follow you.....No need to mention the date/opponent when it all seemed to go off the rails......perhaps next week it will all come full circle.

Regardless, it's a welcomed event this fall weekend. The Boilers have put in some work, and I hope it pays off for them. Salut.

Orgeron never really should have been hired in that role to begin with. He was way in over his head as a head coach...

I follow you.....No need to mention the date/opponent when it all seemed to go off the rails......perhaps next week it will all come full circle.

Regardless, it's a welcomed event this fall weekend. The Boilers have put in some work, and I hope it pays off for them. Salut.
To me … I’m just always remembering watching Orton go into the end zone and if someone would have described the next 17 years or even the next 3 games I would have been like “f you”

I can still see Ernie shadow putting Bryant’s headlights out. I’m just always wondering when the first year is where we are just good and finish ranked and then are also good the next year

the possibility is looking real… maybe

Reactions: purduepat1969
So looking deeper into the poll, only 20 out of 63 voters put us in, the highest being 18th. One of the 20 is Nathan Baird, formerly from the LJ&C.

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT