ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament Gonzaga vs. Purdue MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

? Im sure they did. But we were playing extremely slow, walking it up, playing safe and cautious and everyone looking for edey and passing up shots.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to deny that? Some lf you are just insane
Whats funny (I have you off of ignore for this one moment) is every single one of your posts was a horrible hot take. I'm guessing by the responses from.. well.. EVERYONE you're the board court jester? Good to know.

Back to ignore you go.

3144010054_7cd352f97c_b.jpg
Hop on the bus Gus...
Don't need to discuss much!
Just drop off the key Lee
And get yourself free

Whats funny (I have you off of ignore for this one moment) is every single one of your posts was a horrible hot take. I'm guessing by the responses from.. well.. EVERYONE you're the board court jester? Good to know.

Back to ignore you go.
It was a horrible hot take complaining about us going over a screen 7 feet behind the 3 pt line on a 32% 3pt shooter which results in their PG who is top 4 in country in assists getting a free dribble into the lane and their top scorer on the team center switched onto our PG over n over?

Screw the hell off with your ignorance

• Wow
Reactions: Schnelk
The remaining myocardial tissue/cells may go Sunday......but what a way to go!

Heck yeah, Boilers!
I’ll post this here because Kim won’t see it😁. She was clapping and getting loud and I was starting to get a headache. She loves this team. Last year a cousin she had didn’t think Braden was very good. She looked at me and said…I wonder what he thinks now! I told her…well you know what I thought the first time I saw him and wanted to take you to see him

I complimented painter for the offense. I know reading comprehension is hard as is deciphering what you see on the court into words that make sense, but damn
How about that guard play tonight...and the whole tournament really, Krazy?

Think I can recall you were not too complimentary earlier....several times.

I complimented painter for the offense. I know reading comprehension is hard as is deciphering what you see on the court into words that make sense, but damn
So….Purdue just beat a team partially by holding them well under their 85 ppg avg and our defense sucked?!

We all get that you don’t like the going over the top of screens. This has, in fact, been debated multiple times on this board in recent years. So maybe not quite the echo chamber you claim this to be.

Perhaps the echo you’re hearing is the reverberation of yourself screaming at the others on this board?

YES, exactly... LOL What are you crying about was my question... You didn't answer the question... So re-read and try again... Damn

The defense did suck…in the first 9 minutes when Gonzaga score 24 points. The Zags scored another 30 points, but it took them until 7:22 left in the half… the second half. By then Purdue was up 14. Great defense.

I hope Creighton wins... Tennessee has better athletes and more talent... Creighton just plays solid basketball... I think Purdue beats either but I believe Creighton would be the better match up for us... Just my 2 cents after watching 5 min of this current game lol

How about that guard play tonight...and the whole tournament really, Krazy?

Think I can recall you were not too complimentary earlier....several times.
Fantastic today. Ive been pretty complimentary and defensive of our guards most of the time this year esp smith who I absolutely adore. I did get on them hard early in the Grambling game but they started out awful.

They were great today and Painter deserves credit with how the offense is playing, which I mentioned a few times today

So….Purdue just beat a team partially by holding them well under their 85 ppg avg and our defense sucked?!

We all get that you don’t like the going over the top of screens. This has, in fact, been debated multiple times on this board in recent years. So maybe not quite the echo chamber you claim this to be.

Perhaps the echo you’re hearing is the reverberation of yourself screaming at the others on this board?
Defense was better 2nd hakf but a lot of that was them getting in huge foul troubke with 3 starters in 2md half and them missing a lot of shots.

Defense was no doubt better but this is my problem with this place. No one can just admit when the team is doing something wrong. Its always attack the messenger or auto defend whatever is being called out.

Every time. It makes someone no less of a fan for being objective

Creighton can absolutely beat Purdue, but I still want nothing to do with Knecht and Tenn.
I concur. I think we want creighton. However one interesting fact is they foul less than any team in the country.

Which breaks first? Theem fouling or us not drawing fouls?

Get kalkbrenner in foul trouble and I feel like we cruise, but if we dont, its a tough game as they can shoot from everywhere.

Tenn tho having the other best player besides edey in this tourney and their defense scare me more I think

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I concur. I think we want creighton. However one interesting fact is they foul less than any team in the country.

Get kalkbrenner in foul trouble and I feel like we cruise, but if we dont, its a tough game as they can shoot from everywhere.

Tenn tho having the other best player besides edey in this tourney and their defense scare me more I think
Would Zack need to guard Kalkbrenner at the 3-point line?

Defense was better 2nd hakf but a lot of that was them getting in huge foul troubke with 3 starters in 2md half and them missing a lot of shots.

Defense was no doubt better but this is my problem with this place. No one can just admit when the team is doing something wrong. Its always attack the messenger or auto defend whatever is being called out.

You add nothing new to the discussion; just a predictable series of ALL CAPS bitching and moaning about a team that has won 3 tournament games by an average of 26.3 ppg. If all you can do is a broken record imitation, you deserve all the shit you get on this board.

Would Zack need to guard Kalkbrenner at the 3-point line?
He is a capable shooter from there ya. It may be a situation where we kinda just live with the results to keep edey closer to the paint but ya he is a solid shooter there, but I would lean toward daring him to shoot it and prove it first

You add nothing new to the discussion; just a predictable series of ALL CAPS bitching and moaning about a team that has won 3 tournament games by an average of 26.3 ppg. If all you can do is a broken record imitation, you deserve all the shit you get on this board.
Im the only one correctly calling out the issue with the defense while I see 10 different people blame the players for "insert generic lets play defense" term.

So no, you are categorically false that Im not saying something else from everyone else

Blue Jays have a good big man in Kalkbrenner, who we recruited and who can score outside and inside, plus they have four other players who can shoot the three-ball. Either way, TN or Creighton, it will be a tough game.

You are NOT being objective. You believe you are right and Matt is wrong without understanding Matt's approach. FWIW, there are many times I would prefer to go under, but Matt does NOT believe Purdue gets beat by long 2's...and he has been right a lot more times than wrong. You appear very myopic in your view showing your lack of understanding what Matt is doing. Then you continue to post the same things with caps as though yelling makes more believers when to them it shows you have little control of your emotions during a game that is stressful to others that have a better grip. Purdue's lack of execution was a bigger fault in staying in some bad switches than getting in them the first place. FWIW, Purdue has been in that situation a LOT this year and somehow they switch back in time much better than today. Course Gonzaga is suppose to have a good offense and if so...that wasn't by accident.

Now do what you want. I'm not a policeman of the board, but trying to help you not only get along a bit better in the forum, but perhaps expand your understanding a bit when you start to reflect there are sound reasons for Matt doing what he does even if you disagree...and I say that with myself wishing sometimes Purdue went under more often than not...but I don't get on here and repeat that because I see a LOT of other things than just that. Now, when Johnson and Lusk
keep the same base rules in the defense it is easier to make subtle adjustments inside those general rules that makes it more effective. Enjoy the ride, this is a special team and if you don't heed my advice that is okay I just tried to explain to you what many are saying in a round about way. It's your choice...I'm not a policeman

Agreed. Still, Tenn is more talented than Creighton. Gimme Creighton, but it’s not happening. It’s going to be Tennessee.

You are NOT being objective. You believe you are right and Matt is wrong without understanding Matt's approach. FWIW, there are many times I would prefer to go under, but Matt does NOT believe Purdue gets beat by long 2's...and he has been right a lot more times than wrong. You appear very myopic in your view showing your lack of understanding what Matt is doing. Then you continue to post the same things with caps as though yelling makes more believers when to them it shows you have little control of your emotions during a game that is stressful to others that have a better grip. Purdue's lack of execution was a bigger fault in staying in some bad switches than getting in them the first place. FWIW, Purdue has been in that situation a LOT this year and somehow they switch back in time much better than today. Course Gonzaga is suppose to have a good offense and if so...that wasn't by accident.

Now do what you want. I'm not a policeman of the board, but trying to help you not only get along a bit better in the forum, but perhaps expand your understanding a bit when you start to reflect there are sound reasons for Matt doing what he does even if you disagree...and I say that with myself wishing sometimes Purdue went under more often than not...but I don't get on here and repeat that because I see a LOT of other things than just that. Now, when Johnson and Lusk
keep the same base rules in the defense it is easier to make subtle adjustments inside those general rules that makes it more effective. Enjoy the ride, this is a special team and if you don't heed my advice that is okay I just tried to explain to you what many are saying in a round about way. It's your choice...I'm not a policeman
All you are saying is that Matt has his reasons and prefers this style. Thank you. I fully understand that. It doesnt make him right.

I have no problem going over screen in general. I do have a problem doing it 100% of the time no matter the spot on the floor and no matter who it id against. That is strait up and objectively not smart. I understand he has his reasons, that doesnt make it the best approach.

You cant tell me this team isnt capable of knowing who to go over and under against and in certain spots. That is what scouting reports are for. This team is filled with intelligent players. Painter is choosing not too. That is hurting us, even if he has his reasons, it is hurting us.

Yes it gives up more 2s and less 3s, but it puts edey in tough spots and can lead to more fouls, most times hes playing it smart and giving easier shots and avoiding the foul. That hurts us though.

Had gonzaga not got in foul trouble in a huge way in the 2nd half, they likely would have continued destroying us with that. Thankfully we are too much of a problem on offense.

Looks like we are getting tennessee, going over the screen giving 6'8 uber athletic 3 level scorer kinnect a full steam lane at edey to the basket is NOT going to increase our chance at winning, even if painter has his reasons.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT