ADVERTISEMENT

2024 National Championship Purdue vs. UConn: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Oh, for sure. If anything, I'm looking ahead at this point. Just want to try to get out of there losing by less than 20.
Will be interesting when we aren’t playing through the big fella next year. But no matter what we do, with our current backcourt we’re on the struggle bus with teams like these. And there will almost always be a team like this

Honestly, I did. UCONN routs everyone.
True, but I thought Purdue would bring their A game and keep it close. This is D a effort from what their best looks like IMO.

And I know Uconn makes people look bad, but Getting outrebounded like this is crazy.

T

True, but I thought Purdue would bring their A game and keep it close. This is D a effort from what their best looks like IMO.

And I know Uconn makes people look bad, but Getting outrebounded like this is crazy.

T
It's because UCONN grossly outmatches us athletically and skill wise. They make it impossible to bring your A game.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin and Gman544
Man they have blocked what three three point attempts?

Crazy athleticism

Cam Spencer getting a title is only thing close to as bad as getting this far and coming short
Thank you. I’m sure you don’t love him as a Purdue fan.

We were and are still pulling for you.
You guys had a great season.

But Cam Spencer winning a Natty after leaving us at the alter and helping derail our season is just unjust.
Has us irate.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin

T
They are bigger and quick off their feet. Look who got most of their boards, their big athletic guards.

Will be interesting when we aren’t playing through the big fella next year. But no matter what we do, with our current backcourt we’re on the struggle bus with teams like these. And there will almost always be a team like this
We have a lot of talent coming in next year. We will match up better against teams like this.

Reactions: tenwest
Because 5 minutes of play in one game is gonna make a difference. All pissed but let’s not jump the shark Fonzie
Well first there was more than five minutes left at that point and second yes five minutes of high level play can be instructive.

I really don't care whether we lose by 19 or 14.

For all of Hurley's antics, I'll say this: the officials have been very lenient on Zach. He's put his elbow into a couple UConn defenders.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Well first there was more than five minutes left at that point and second yes five minutes of high level play can be instructive.

I really don't care whether we lose by 19 or 14.
Oh my bad 7. You don’t get the point clearly.

Great season. I wish tonight had turned out differently, but we finally got to the Final Four and a championship game.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Well, we finally ran into that team with better guards that all the experts warned everyone about Purdue, all season long. Nonetheless, our Boilermakers had a great season. Thank you players and coaches. It was one hell of a fun ride.
Played against better guards a few times and still won. Their overall roster is just to good.

Heck of a season. Just unfortunate that we would run into one of the most dominating teams in tourney history. I honestly did not expect to win so im not overly upset. Just glad we were able to finally make a final 4 for the first time in my lifetime and at least get that monkey off the back. Ill remember that Tennessee game to reach the final 4 for the rest of my life. Thanks Boilers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT