ADVERTISEMENT

2024 National Championship Purdue vs. UConn: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

UConn has won 47 straight games when leading at the half. The first 5 minutes to start the 2nd half will be critical if this game goes down to the wire or UConn extends the separation.

Reactions: nime6
UConn has won 47 straight games when leading at the half. The first 5 minutes to start the 2nd half will be critical if this game goes down to the wire or UConn extends the separation.
Is it too much to ask for 1/2 of basketball the way they played seton hall? What I would do for that

Paint needs do get some guys open for some threes. We need to shoot at least ten this half.

I keep thinking someone needs to make a three but I don’t think anyone other than smith has had one I would have taken. Gillis was forced due to late in the clock
Can’t get three point shots off over their big guards. Edey mostly not doubled, so no usual open looks. They are willing to let Edey go for 30plus with only maybe 2 or 3 threes . Their backcourt out scoring Purdue by about 15.

Paint needs do get some guys open for some threes. We need to shoot at least ten this half.
How if they don’t double do we get open looks over their big athletic guards? that’s why Painter gets the big bucks!

I keep thinking someone needs to make a three but I don’t think anyone other than smith has had one I would have taken. Gillis was forced due to late in the clock

Gillis maybe had one other and Smitty - but yeah....Connecticut's defense on the perimeter is very tough.....agree with Jay Wright - shot fake/slide for three.....drives are getting into trouble.

Also see CK and Barkley's point - Purdue might have to gamble and push the pace to get some shots.....that's playing with fire but they may not have enough offense otherwise.

Reactions: tjreese
They’ve got all 3 50/50 balls.
And Trey through one out of bounds earlier. Plenty of time, but have to adjust that drop D and maybe slide under the screens if not Spencer. Have to keep them out of the lane. On O not getting any good looks. Can Zach do enough to have them bring doubles … can Purdue get any good 3 ball looks if and when they get out in transition? Their perimeter D is better than Purdues perimeter D

Gillis maybe had one other and Smitty - but yeah....Connecticut's defense on the perimeter is very tough.....agree with Jay Wright - shot fake/slide for three.....drives are getting into trouble.

Also see CK and Barkley's point - Purdue might have to gamble and push the pace to get some shots.....that's playing with fire but they may not have enough offense otherwise.
Yeah not calling anything in drives .

Go under on those high screens, make them hit 3's. Going over the screen and giving easy 2's is not the answer against this team.

Loyer and Gillis can’t hang.

Only chance is to go Smith, Jones, Colvin, Heide, Edey. Maybe some TKR.
Stop. Colvin and Heide have had plenty of time and done no better. Everyone not Edey/Smith has struggled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT