ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Schedule is out

VT sucks right now. Fresno State and Syracuse are beatable.
Getting Michigan and OSU sucks.
It is what it is.

Reactions: drewjin
It gives us a chance to shine in the spotlight against Michigan and O$U. The road game is tougher next year compared to Maryland but we had a loss to PSU at home.

I guess the next Notre Dame game is 2024? We kind of look like Notre Dame with these ACC schools on our schedule.

Reactions: Tommaker
I liked it in the days when I attended Purdue, you either won the Big Ten Championship or you didn't go to a bowl game. That was determined by your Big Ten opponents. Who you played outside of the conference, win or lose, didn't make any difference toward going to THE bowl game, just perhaps for a national ranking. Then there was no reason to schedule patsies to ecome bowl eligible and we had such epochs as Purdue and UCLA playing to a 0-0 tie. And to make things even more interesting, no 2 platoon football.

So we could start 3-0 or 0-3...Would of been nice to have 3 easy games to start the season to get the QB in a groove

It gives us a chance to shine in the spotlight against Michigan and O$U. The road game is tougher next year compared to Maryland but we had a loss to PSU at home.

I guess the next Notre Dame game is 2024? We kind of look like Notre Dame with these ACC schools on our schedule.
Bummer I thought it was 2023 and wanted Sheffield to put up 3 TDs on them.

• Love
Love it. What a great home schedule. Bring on tOSU to the Nutcracker. Should have no problem winning six games at home and a few winnable road games. Would be disappointed if we didn’t win 7.

Loving Fresno State, @Virginia Tech, Syracuse, with Ohio State and @Michigan as crossover games?
Not "thoughtful" scheduling from a non-conference standpoint, and, they got the worst possible cross-over games that they could...all while breaking in a new QB...nothing ideal about that, regardless of whether they play at home 7 times or not.

Hope we’re saving up our NIL/Portal/Free Agency money !!!
We obviously joke about it, but, it is at a point where there really should be some things in place...enough time has passed at this point to have ironed a lot of things out, and, there is still very little in place seemingly, or, at least anything of any significance (and, I know that it is a genuine concern on the basketball-side...can't imagine that it is not on the football-side as well).

Reactions: SKYDOG
Love it. What a great home schedule. Bring on tOSU to the Nutcracker. Should have no problem winning six games at home and a few winnable road games. Would be disappointed if we didn’t win 7.
I would be thrilled if they were to win 7.

The non-conference schedule makes no sense, and, even less with the conference schedule now known.

This year was a huge year for Purdue...momentum coming into it...softest schedule in years and softest conference schedule that they could have ever even dreamed of...the program needs some sustained success to build sustained momentum...having a really nice year last year with another this year seemingly would have helped, and, more so with what now looms in '23.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind seeing Michigan and OSU on the schedule. They're B1G teams. We should play all the B1G schools.

I do think that it's realistic to dial back the non-conference schedule as long as the B1G sticks with 9-game league slates. I understand that Purdue is trying to get butts in seats, and that's harder to do for mid-major opponents. But as long as the program stays competitive I think one marquee non-conference game and two mid-majors is a good balance even if it means having some years (like this season) with no marquee non-conference home games. The crowds were pretty good for ISU and FAU.

Don't mind playing 1 mid major a year. I think that's actually good for college football as there's always a major upset or two.

The Eastern Kentuckys or ISUs...I'll take a hard pass as I don't think we get anything out of those games.

I would be thrilled if they were to win 7.

The non-conference schedule makes no sense, and, even less with the conference schedule now known.

This year was a huge year for Purdue...momentum coming into it...softest schedule in years and softest conference schedule that they could have ever even dreamed of...the program needs some sustained success to build sustained momentum...having a really nice year last year with another this year seemingly would have helped, and, more so with what now looms in '23.
I'm not sure why the NC schedule doesn't make sense. 2 P5 schools and another fairly well-known Group of 5. None of the 3 are great, but they're also not horrible.

Also, NC games are scheduled WAY in advance, so the relation between the NC and conference schedule is not important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT