ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Lilly Stoddard

She recently tallied 18 pts and 6 boards against top-ranked South Bend Washington (and Purdue commit Rashunda Jones). Difficult to judge post players in high school games, don't see her redshirting.

Reactions: DocRon
Well Crown Point has been pretty successful with the way they've played. 25-1 and a state title last season. 19-3 headed into the tournament ranked #4 this season. And their point guard is really good as well so I'm sure some stuff is run through her.

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and DocRon
You don’t see a lot of players redshirting in the women's game unless they’re injured so I doubt she redshirts. Probably more like Learn this year. Not many minutes early in the season as she adjusts and learns how to play college ball.

Reactions: DocRon
You don’t see a lot of players redshirting in the women's game unless they’re injured so I doubt she redshirts. Probably more like Learn this year. Not many minutes early in the season as she adjusts and learns how to play college ball.
Good point, she’s a really good athlete.

Well Crown Point has been pretty successful with the way they've played. 25-1 and a state title last season. 19-3 headed into the tournament ranked #4 this season. And their point guard is really good as well so I'm sure some stuff is run through her.
Their guards dominate with the ball, on this CP team Lilly’s job is to clean up the missed shots. From what I watched I don’t think we’ll see a repeat, I do hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
CP has won 4 straight DAC titles, going 28-0 since 2018 in the league. Great accomplishment for sure.

This year seems Some the players around Carrothers and Stoddard are not quite up to their roles or as experienced as the previous 3-5 girls were. Thus the 3 losses, all to good teams outside the area.

It’s no secret the style of play CP rolls with is a guard heavy offense. That said, after seeing her a lot as a frosh and soph, I thought Stoddard would be further along offensively than she has come. Defensively, she’s pretty good.

Reactions: SKYDOG
CP has won 4 straight DAC titles, going 28-0 since 2018 in the league. Great accomplishment for sure.

This year seems Some the players around Carrothers and Stoddard are not quite up to their roles or as experienced as the previous 3-5 girls were. Thus the 3 losses, all to good teams outside the area.

It’s no secret the style of play CP rolls with is a guard heavy offense. That said, after seeing her a lot as a frosh and soph, I thought Stoddard would be further along offensively than she has come. Defensively, she’s pretty good.
I still do not understand why Carrothers is not a Purdue prospect. She seems to check all the boxes for a gamer.

Reactions: TC4THREE
It’s not just Purdue, but no P5 offers at all that I am aware of. Hard to believe, but word is the bigger schools think is too small to get off her inside shot amongst the trees and her outside shot, while effective, is not a pretty one…kind of a behind the head heave (that I know her hoops guru has tried to work on to improve, but…)

Trust me, She is an absolute killer off the Dribble!! Beats traps with ease. She’s a total winner and leader whose intangibles I thought some bigger programs would be willing to give her an opportunity. Hope she and team has a great send off in this, her senior season, capped with Ms Basketball.

I look at it this way. If we missed on her (which in my uneducated opinion we did) then so did everyone else. Also, if we missed on her, former Boilermaker Austin Parkinson is going to have one helluva player at IUPUI.

It's simple, she goes to IUPUI and produces and "proves' herself then she can easily transfer up somewhere bigger if she wants to. You will see a lot of these types of situations in the new "transfer age" of college basketball.

Reactions: ChuckJr and DocRon
It’s not just Purdue, but no P5 offers at all that I am aware of. Hard to believe, but word is the bigger schools think is too small to get off her inside shot amongst the trees and her outside shot, while effective, is not a pretty one…kind of a behind the head heave (that I know her hoops guru has tried to work on to improve, but…)

Trust me, She is an absolute killer off the Dribble!! Beats traps with ease. She’s a total winner and leader whose intangibles I thought some bigger programs would be willing to give her an opportunity. Hope she and team has a great send off in this, her senior season, capped with Ms Basketball.
You’re spot on with her outside shot comment, it’s ugly looking, guessing power 5 schools don’t think she’ll be able to get those off like she does on the High School level. Great player, she’ll do fine at IUPUI, if she does I hope she stays at the school that invested in her.

You’re spot on with her outside shot comment, it’s ugly looking, guessing power 5 schools don’t think she’ll be able to get those off like she does on the High School level. Great player, she’ll do fine at IUPUI, if she does I hope she stays at the school that invested in her.
ugly shooting form but shot looks good as it tickles the twine going through.

I do too. I may be old-school in this regard but if I were in a similar situation I would stay at the school that believed in me from the start.

As for her shot, she shoots a good percentage with it. So she won't get off quite as many at the college level. From what I've seen, she still does everything else really well. I'd deal with it if in fact she can't get off a three pointer in someone's eye. If they are guarding her too closely, she will most likely get past them into the lane anyway.

I do too. I may be old-school in this regard but if I were in a similar situation I would stay at the school that believed in me from the start.

As for her shot, she shoots a good percentage with it. So she won't get off quite as many at the college level. From what I've seen, she still does everything else really well. I'd deal with it if in fact she can't get off a three pointer in someone's eye. If they are guarding her too closely, she will most likely get past them into the lane anyway.
TC, I would have offered her, she’s a real good player. Some around the region have suggested that she’s going to use IUPUI as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, it’s within her rights but sometimes the best situations are the ones you have right now.

She really struggles when they take away going to the right. She scores easily going that way. Lake Central overplayed her going to her right and she had a lot of trouble scoring. She got about 18 points on about 20 some shots. Think I sat behind the coaches from IUPU and they were talking about that. Her outside shot is not all that, but free throws are automatic.

Just an update on Crown Point. They play their sectional championship game tomorrow night, probably pushed into this week due to weather last week. They're playing Merrillville who they beat by 20 on January 15.

I’ll be surprised if they make it out of Regionals, nowhere near the team they had last year.
I won't. They'll beat Penn. Lake Central will be a good championship game but Crown Point beat them during the season so I'd say it's close to a coin flip.

I won't. They'll beat Penn. Lake Central will be a good championship game but Crown Point beat them during the season so I'd say it's close to a coin flip.
I’ll stand by my prediction, CP is a team that’s having some problems right now, not going to get into it but I think their season ends this weekend. No doubt they have the horses to move on, however, something’s missing at the moment.

I’ll stand by my prediction, CP is a team that’s having some problems right now, not going to get into it but I think their season ends this weekend. No doubt they have the horses to move on, however, something’s missing at the moment.
Could be. I don't have any inside knowledge. Just going by what the results were when they played teams earlier this season. Crown Point beat Lake Central in overtime so anything is possible in a rematch. I just wouldn't be surprised if they beat Lake Central again, and I won't be surprised if Lake Central beats them. I would probably only be surprised if that isn't the championship matchup Saturday night.

Could be. I don't have any inside knowledge. Just going by what the results were when they played teams earlier this season. Crown Point beat Lake Central in overtime so anything is possible in a rematch. I just wouldn't be surprised if they beat Lake Central again, and I won't be surprised if Lake Central beats them. I would probably only be surprised if that isn't the championship matchup Saturday night.
Trust me, they’re having issues, Merr isn’t good, can’t believe the game was that close. I think if the play LC they get beat, no clue on how good Penn is, they’re usually tough.

Trust me, they’re having issues, Merr isn’t good, can’t believe the game was that close. I think if the play LC they get beat, no clue on how good Penn is, they’re usually tough.
Penn is 19-6 but this isn't one of their better teams. If Crown Point is having big issues maybe they drop this one (they played on Dec 4 and CP won 53-26) but that would certainly surprise me.

This is definitely neither the CP, nor Penn teams of the past 3 seasons. I was surprised when CP blew out Penn as bad as they did early in the season.

If CP doesn’t step it up this wknd, could definitely see LC winning that one. They took CP to the brink, losing in OT. They will be very motivated in this rivalry re-match. For those reading who aren’t aware, CP vs LC in anything usually gets heated. Will be interesting if this game happens.

CP vs LC for the Regional championship in LaPorte tonight. LC coasted past Plymouth in Game 1. CP and Penn were tied at 30 going into the 4th. Jessica Carrothers took over the last 8 minutes. Maybe her biggest play though was drawing a charge with a couple minutes left. Stoddard needs to be stronger with the ball. Still brings ball down too much.

CP vs LC for the Regional championship in LaPorte tonight. LC coasted past Plymouth in Game 1. CP and Penn were tied at 30 going into the 4th. Jessica Carrothers took over the last 8 minutes. Maybe her biggest play though was drawing a charge with a couple minutes left. Stoddard needs to be stronger with the ball. Still brings ball down too much.
CP has the two best players tonight, LC has the better 3-5 players. I think the Indians win by 5 tonight, CP struggled again this afternoon, all about surviving and advancing though!

Lady Bulldogs and especially Jessica Carrothers really did step it up tonight, 59-38 final over Lake Central. 42 for Carrothers. 14 for Stoddard. Only 1 other girl scored for CP, a 3. Sounds like Noblesville up next.

There was discussion on post game radio that she may have topped the LaPorte gym record for points in a single game, previously held by Scott Skiles.

Reactions: SKYDOG and TC4THREE
Lady Bulldogs and especially Jessica Carrothers really did step it up tonight, 59-38 final over Lake Central. 42 for Carrothers. 14 for Stoddard. Only 1 other girl scored for CP, a 3. Sounds like Noblesville up next.

There was discussion on post game radio that she may have topped the LaPorte gym record for points in a single game, previously held by Scott Skiles.
Thanks for the update. 42 points is impressive. Would like to see them get to the state championship game again.

Crown Point vs Noblesville in Logansport Saturday night for Semi-State championship in 4A.

The 4A southern Semi-State is Franklin vs Mooresville.

Yea, I was wrong, thought LC would win this. Just goes to show the old adage of big time players making big time plays, looks like Carothers and Stoddard stepped up! Noblesville drilled CP a few weeks ago I think, will be a tough game for them.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Thought this was pretty cool. Not sure I've ever seen this (fireworks) before for a high school team returning home.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Lol!! I live not far from there and slept right through it. It’s happened here before, but thought more for state championships.

CP did advance a whopping 11 wrestlers to next week’s semi-state as well Saturday. Hopefully this was for them too.

Lol!! I live not far from there and slept right through it. It’s happened here before, but thought more for state championships.

CP did advance a whopping 11 wrestlers to next week’s semi-state as well Saturday. Hopefully this was for them too.
I think it was, at least I heard that. Winning Regionals is great, not sure it deserves this especially coming off a State Title lol

Correct. I totally messed that up re Wrestling. Hopefully CP can be celebrating both teams’ athletes This wknd.

Crown Point lost in semistate today to Noblesville but here's an article about Stoddard from earlier this week.

I've never seen her play but I'm very excited to see her in Mackey next season. I think the biggest need for this team is size. And athletic size is even better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT