ADVERTISEMENT

2021 football recruiting

C'ville Boiler

True Freshman
Sep 15, 2011
With the hype going on with Harrison Ingram yesterday it got me wondering about where we are with 2021 football recruiting. I haven’t heard anything in a long time. I know this year is different and with the virus but typically there is a lot more commits for Purdue by this point. Other teams seem to be getting commits.
I know we were spoiled with the last 2 classes but this class has been very disappointing. There is only one guy that’s good, Jackson, and the rest are low ranked and have fallen in ranking since committing. Looking through 247 just about everyone we have offered are either committed somewhere else or cool on us.
Does anybody know who Purdue is realistically in on besides Karlaftis?

I'm typically very optimistic about recruiting, but this class is really small and doesn't have many impact players. I'm expecting about 15 guys to sign in this class, but I have no idea who we have a chance with besides Karlaftis. Maybe there will be a couple flips before signing day?

I agree with you about the class being a bit disappointing. Even with a small class we would hope to have at least 5-6 guys that will be quality starters by their Junior and Senior years. Not sure how this class would make that happen.

B1G recruiting rankings are talked about on the Rivals main page today. Saying Purdue has gone from rags to riches to rags having only 10 verbals so far with zero 4-stars. They and Illinois are the only conf teams with zero. Having a few scholarships available when the next transfer portal comes around might not be a bad thing. Seems to me that the quality of players transferring is making large jumps each year. There were some really high rated players in this last portal. Gotta put a good record together this year tho. Boiler Up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT