ADVERTISEMENT

2019 roster

boilerpt

All-American
May 2, 2003
The 2019 roster has been updated. I know there is a lot more to being ready than size, but I think it’s worth noting that so many of our freshmen look the part already. Sanders is listed as 230#. He was one that I figured would need some time to put on some weight (210# on his recruiting profile page). Looks like he has been putting in work.

https://purduesports.com/roster.aspx?path=&roster=232&sort=class

Reactions: Zaphod_B
What I've noticed is the OL has some height & weight and follows the profile that Brohm wants.
I'm wondering if that will translate to success with the added depth? Keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to see all the players and their faces in one place and discover a few that I didn't know about. There appears to be some intriguing players who hopefully will be able to step up and be able to produce.

The 2019 roster has been updated. I know there is a lot more to being ready than size, but I think it’s worth noting that so many of our freshmen look the part already. Sanders is listed as 230#. He was one that I figured would need some time to put on some weight (210# on his recruiting profile page). Looks like he has been putting in work.

https://purduesports.com/roster.aspx?path=&roster=232&sort=class
Thanks for posting. Interesting to see the posted majors (Two EE's in there). I think a lot of schools don't advertise it anymore, too many of the kids taking "Mouth-breathing 101".

It looks like “Selling and Sales Management” and “Law and Society” have surpassed OLS as the popular majors. It is nice to see two QBs studying engineering.

Reactions: Tommaker
That's because the OLS major has been discontinued. It no longer exists at Purdue but has been moved to Purdue Polytechnic

By that do you mean the Indy area high school?

I’ve always wondered who pushed people into majors. “OLS would be a good major for you.” Or does it just spread by word of mouth that it’s an easier major?

I’ve always been curious of that major because so many athletes did it. What actual classes were taken? Anybody here major in it?

By that do you mean the Indy area high school?

I’ve always wondered who pushed people into majors. “OLS would be a good major for you.” Or does it just spread by word of mouth that it’s an easier major?

I’ve always been curious of that major because so many athletes did it. What actual classes were taken? Anybody here major in it?
People knew that it was the easiest major.
I know someone that majored in it. He is the son of the CEO of prominent company and failed out of engineering. He switched to OLS and was able to find a job in consulting after he graduated.
He said most of the other students were athletes.
I think most of the classes were similar to human resources classes but I'm not sure.

Years ago the major was called Supervision. There was a guy in my house that was dumb as a post that majored in it. It led us to all calling it "Stupervision"

Thoughts:
-It appears every lineman put on the same suit for their program photo. I can just imagine everyone taking turns putting on the suit for the camera.
-If you see anyone catch a pass with a jersey number in the 80's this year, rest assured we threw it to the tight end not a wide out.
-#8 Watts and #9 Neal are going to be indistinguishable from my seats
-About the multiple numbers.. I assume you aren't allowed to have more than one of the same number on the field at the same time. So, I'm guessing that means no tandems of Mackey/Wright or Moore/Grant on kick returns.
-It would be interested to see more "advanced stats" for each player beyond just height and weight, such as wingspan, standing reach, 40 time, #squat, #bench, #deadlift.

Thoughts:
-It appears every lineman put on the same suit for their program photo. I can just imagine everyone taking turns putting on the suit for the camera.
-If you see anyone catch a pass with a jersey number in the 80's this year, rest assured we threw it to the tight end not a wide out.
-#8 Watts and #9 Neal are going to be indistinguishable from my seats
-About the multiple numbers.. I assume you aren't allowed to have more than one of the same number on the field at the same time. So, I'm guessing that means no tandems of Mackey/Wright or Moore/Grant on kick returns.
-It would be interested to see more "advanced stats" for each player beyond just height and weight, such as wingspan, standing reach, 40 time, #squat, #bench, #deadlift.

Correct. 2 players with the same number can not be on the field together. I assume it's a 15 yard personal foul penalty. I remember either Hope or Hazell having to call timeout on a special teams play, either punt or punt return, because we had 2 #10s on the field at the same time. Sean Robinson may have been one of the players. One may have been there as an injury replacement. I remember that it was a key situation where the penalty would have been disastrous and burning the timeout was very important too.

Correct. 2 players with the same number can not be on the field together. I assume it's a 15 yard personal foul penalty. I remember either Hope or Hazell having to call timeout on a special teams play, either punt or punt return, because we had 2 #10s on the field at the same time. Sean Robinson may have been one of the players. One may have been there as an injury replacement. I remember that it was a key situation where the penalty would have been disastrous and burning the timeout was very important too.
Certainly wasnt hazell then.We werent in enough games for this to have been a problem.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Confirmed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT