ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruit Lok Wur

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
So if Painter knew it would be a long shot to get any of Garcia, Dickinson or Carlson, would he consider this guy for 2019? He was long thought of as a JUCO recruit due to academics, but he is now fully cleared and his recruiting is blowing up. Might be a risk due to future academic issues, but he certainly has some skills to go along with athleticism and size.

I think many schools who would normally be in the mix might be out of scholarships. I believe that is the case for Nebraska where Lok originally wanted to play (He's from Neb.). Right now his best offers are Texas A&M and Rutgers, but many other coaches are in contact.

Personally,

1) Not sure he would survive at Purdue academically
2) Why is a 6'9" guy going coast-to-coast so often?
3) I think Shawn Kemp had the better handle. He just didn't flaunt it as often as this guy
4) This is a highlight film so it only shows when he scores; want to know his overall number (FG%, FT% etc.)
5) How does he do post-ups?
6) Is very raw; if his academics was okay, should take him only as a long-term project

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Qualifying academically for the NCAA and getting into a school are two very different things. Looks like a great prospect, but with academic struggles and development needed (not a one-and-done), I doubt Painter would offer a scholarship that would further hinder his numbers for two classes (2020, 2021) that Purdue is in a strong position to make a statement.

I liked the video clip though. Seems like he could do well with the right coach.

Personally,

1) Not sure he would survive at Purdue academically
2) Why is a 6'9" guy going coast-to-coast so often?
3) I think Shawn Kemp had the better handle. He just didn't flaunt it as often as this guy
4) This is a highlight film so it only shows when he scores; want to know his overall number (FG%, FT% etc.)
5) How does he do post-ups?
6) Is very raw; if his academics was okay, should take him only as a long-term project
2) Why is a 6'9" guy going coast-to-coast so often? Because he can.
4) This is a highlight film so it only shows when he scores; want to know his overall number (FG%, FT% etc.) 2pt - 57%; 3pt - 27%; FT - 75%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT