ADVERTISEMENT

Funny how an offer to Henry revealed who was terrified of losing their shot at an IU schollie...

Clearly Anderson wanted to go to IU. Congrats. I just think it's funny that 30 minutes ago you guys were on here saying that Miller didn't want him that much. Now he's some trophy that you're parading around. Just shows how the narrative gets twisted literally by the minute and fans will believe what they want.

If they had clearly wanted him more, they would've waited to offer Anderson until after these alleged higher priorities made their decisions. If Anderson really wanted to play for Miller at IU, he could've accepted that offer on the spot or over the last few weeks.

As for the amount of time they spent recruiting each, it would be no surprise that Miller spends more time recruiting a kid from Ohio than from South Bend. Easier for him to sell himself to kids from Ohio right now.

Guess he felt the offer to Henry (and verbal by Hunter) meant it was time to s##t or get off the pot.And while Archie had a prior relationship with Hunter (offered him at Dayton) you're ignoring the fact that he went after (and landed) Darrell Thompson's son right under Pitino's nose.Meanwhile the same Anderson that the OP felt was a PU lock,decided to jump on the offer he only got about 3 weeks ago.And how long had Painter been recruiting him?

Guess he was able to sell himself to this particular kid from S Bend pretty quickly.And don't be surprised when IU is in it to the end with both Langford and Brooks...

Guess he felt the offer to Henry (and verbal by Hunter) meant it was time to s##t or get off the pot.And while Archie had a prior relationship with Hunter (offered him at Dayton) you're ignoring the fact that he went after (and landed) Darrell Thompson's son right under Pitino's nose.Meanwhile the same Anderson that the OP felt was a PU lock,decided to jump on the offer he only got about 3 weeks ago.And how long had Painter been recruiting him?

Guess he was able to sell himself to this particular kid from S Bend pretty quickly.And don't be surprised when IU is in it to the end with both Langford and Brooks...

Yea you guys are on the verge of 'The Movement Part 2'.

And IU should be able to land kids they want from South Bend. As far as basketball goes, IU is bigger than Notre Dame here. I know more fans here that split allegiances between ND football and IU basketball than I do fans that align with one school.

If we don't get Anderson I would like Henry. He seems like a guy whose trajectory is going to carry him pretty high by the time he hits campus. Want Anderson but would prefer him at UM as opposed to IU. Don't want Miller to start building any momentum in N. Indiana.
Steve?

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Sorry; Romeo Langford has officially eliminated Duke.
Indiana is the leader for Romeo Langford. (UL and Kansas still have a shot.)
Had not heard that on Romeo. I thought UL was still in the lead. Did that change recently?

I did see Ervin and Prezkop recently pick IU on 247 Crystal Ball. They are 2 of the more accurate prognosticators.

Make it a double
Thing is I knew Crean was a fraud and would botch any group of 5-stars he got. Even in their #1 season in 2013 I figured he'd blow it in the tournament.

I don't nearly have that confidence that Miller would screw up that level of talent. I at least thought it would take two or three years for him to start striking on top-75 talent in numbers. Apparently 4 months was as much relief as I was ever going to get.

Thing is I knew Crean was a fraud and would botch any group of 5-stars he got. Even in their #1 season in 2013 I figured he'd blow it in the tournament.

I don't nearly have that confidence that Miller would screw up that level of talent. I at least thought it would take two or three years for him to start striking on top-75 talent in numbers. Apparently 4 months was as much relief as I was ever going to get.
Yeah I figured at least next year is when we would see the change. If he didn't bring in Schilling and/or Flint I don't think he does as well.

Hopefully Lutz's hiring will pay dividends soon.

Yeah I figured at least next year is when we would see the change. If he didn't bring in Schilling and/or Flint I don't think he does as well.

Hopefully Lutz's hiring will pay dividends soon.
True that on Lutz. Was hoping he would have us in on more top-100s, but this is his first year.

Heard Ostrum had most of these recruits. I think Schilling only helped pull in Anderson. Not like Archie didn't do his work.

True that on Lutz. Was hoping he would have us in on more top-100s, but this is his first year.

Heard Ostrum had most of these recruits. I think Schilling only helped pull in Anderson. Not like Archie didn't do his work.
Yeah Ostrom was the lead guy for Hunter, had recruited him while at Dayton, same with Thompson. Schilling was the guy on Anderson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT