ADVERTISEMENT

2 WUG Questions

Feb 5, 2003
1) Are most of the teams going to be from 1 university or club or will they be all star teams like the U19 team Carsen played on?

2) I know that Haarms can't play but can he practice unlimited like the rest of the team?

1) not sure

2) I don't think so. I believe Coach Painter said he gets a few hours a week, standard for college players in summer, in an interview a few days ago.

1) Of the first 3 rosters I've found, all 3 appear to be ensemble teams. Team Canada is composed of players from 9 different universities (Canada Roster Announcement). Australia has a mix of 5 guys who play in Australia & 7 who play in the USA like Nebraska's Jack McVeigh (Australia Roster Announcement). Trying to use google translate on the Germany national team website is a little messy, but I think it looks like a collection of university kids & recent grads too.

2) Haarms is not allowed the extra practice time. Like stated above, he's limited like any player at a school not going on a trip (2 hrs of organized practice a week, I think).

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
1) Of the first 3 rosters I've found, all 3 appear to be ensemble teams. Team Canada is composed of players from 9 different universities (Canada Roster Announcement). Australia has a mix of 5 guys who play in Australia & 7 who play in the USA like Nebraska's Jack McVeigh (Australia Roster Announcement). Trying to use google translate on the Germany national team website is a little messy, but I think it looks like a collection of university kids & recent grads too.

2) Haarms is not allowed the extra practice time. Like stated above, he's limited like any player at a school not going on a trip (2 hrs of organized practice a week, I think).

Wasn't McVeigh the player who came off the bench and torched the Boilers last year in the Nebraska loss?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Seems unfair that Haarms doesn't get the same practice. His school is going on a trip, he should get to practice. Not allowed to play the games by the outside sanctioned body is certainly understandable however.

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Seems unfair that Haarms doesn't get the same practice. His school is going on a trip, he should get to practice. Now allowed to play the games by the outside sanctioned body is certainly understandable however.
Take it up with the organization that has a pending investigation on the national champions for academic fraud - clearly rules matter.

Wasn't McVeigh the player who came off the bench and torched the Boilers last year in the Nebraska loss?

yep (and Jeriah Horne, whom the staff didn't put on their scouting report for that game, because he had a DNP the previous game: it was a disciplinary reason for the DNP, not a can't-make-the-rotation DNP)

yep (and Jeriah Horne, whom the staff didn't put on their scouting report for that game, because he had a DNP the previous game: it was a disciplinary reason for the DNP, not a can't-make-the-rotation DNP)

Why post this lie again? You made this same claim about Horne not being on the scouting report following the Nebraska game, and I quoted & linked the presser in reply at the time. Again, here is the link to the post game video: Nebraska post game presser

Painter's quote about Horne at 2:27 (capitalized part is my emphasis, not Painter's): “Surprised me he played...HE WAS ON THE SCOUTING REPORT, and we talked about him. You know he’s made shots before…”

I wish you would stop perpetuating this misinformation. For some reason you have it in your head this happened. It did not. Let go please. I don't want to read it again.

I wish you would stop perpetuating this misinformation. For some reason you have it in your head this happened. It did not. Let go please. I don't want to read it again.
You have to forgive nag as in his world of zone-playing unicorns and teddy bears, things can be made up and taken as fact even when shown to not be true.

I took his comment off ignore just long enough to see what you were talking about and quickly put him back on it. The dude has not one worthwhile thing to say and when he does post something it is usually so full of made up stuff and hatred of CMP, that it just isn't even worth reading in the first place let alone responding to it anymore.

You have to forgive nag as in his world of zone-playing unicorns and teddy bears, things can be made up and taken as fact even when shown to not be true.

I took his comment off ignore just long enough to see what you were talking about and quickly put him back on it. The dude has not one worthwhile thing to say and when he does post something it is usually so full of made up stuff and hatred of CMP, that it just isn't even worth reading in the first place let alone responding to it anymore.
Nags is okay, but he gets stuff locked in his head that becomes gospel to him. Sometimes you have to be real direct to knock it out. No need to belittle him, or other posters, however, I do agree that Nags has an anti-Painter perspective. He is just a bit frustrated that we have had good success, but not reached the FF yet. I can live with that. He is not alone, but I think his concerns are misplaced.

Last edited:
So now I've got 1 Haarms can practice and 2 Haarms can't practice and a picture of him in the uniform. I'm still not sure if he can make the trip.

You've never been one to let the truth stand between you and your hate. You are stooping to new lows in dishonesty to push your agenda.

I noticed in a J&C story that Purdue is flying commercial to China. How can you do that to these guys that are 6'8" plus?

If I were booked on that flight It would almost a certainty that Haas would be in the middle seat next to me. That's the kind of luck I have.

Reactions: punaj
I noticed in a J&C story that Purdue is flying commercial to China. How can you do that to these guys that are 6'8" plus?

If I were booked on that flight It would almost a certainty that Haas would be in the middle seat next to me. That's the kind of luck I have.

At least the conversation would be good... or as luck would have it, the team would just sleep the entire flight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT