ADVERTISEMENT

2 B1G teams in the championship series?

BoilerAndy

All-American
Aug 31, 2010
The powers-that-be in the B10 are lobbying for it. I don't know what the chances are, but imagine how it screws up their dream if Purdue beats UM. I'm not a conspiract buff, but I'll be watching the 50-50 calls and replay decisions made by the referees.

In reality, UM doesn't need the help. But they are playing the Spoilermakers.

The game was actually close until the 4 min mark when OSU fell apart. LSU could still beat Georgia. TCU could lose. Who knows what usc will do.

One possibility that is in play with lsu, Clemson and Oregon all losing is Penn st will move up into the cotton bowl leaving the citrus bowl for Purdue.

I believe with today’s win Purdue secured itself at least the realist bowl in Tampa!

Reactions: pboiler18
I think Michigan is in, OSU to rose bowl unless Purdue wins next week. USC I believe bumped OSU today.

The powers-that-be in the B10 are lobbying for it. I don't know what the chances are, but imagine how it screws up their dream if Purdue beats UM. I'm not a conspiract buff, but I'll be watching the 50-50 calls and replay decisions made by the referees.

In reality, UM doesn't need the help. But they are playing the Spoilermakers.
Speaking of conspiracies.. is it worth noting that if USC is left out in favor of OSU it would benefit financially the conference they are joining next year at the expense of the conference they are leaving? Did I just hear the USC initial B1G revenue split shifting a little bit?

Reactions: Inspector100
I think Michigan is in, OSU to rose bowl unless Purdue wins next week. USC I believe bumped OSU today.

I would agree on Michigan and that Ohio State is on the outside looking in right now.

Next week you'll have P5 conference games:

Georgia/LSU (LSU lost today)

Michigan/Purdue

TCU/Kansas State

North Carolina/Clemson (Clemson lost today)

USC/Utah or Oregon (Oregon lost today)

Alabama is lobbying to get back in....haha. I think Ohio State can get in if TCU and/or USC loses. If both of them lose, it will be Armageddon. I don't like a second conference team getting in, but since the SEC has done it a couple of times.....what's good for the goose.....$$$$$$$$$$$$

How 'bout them Boilers???

Speaking of conspiracies.. is it worth noting that if USC is left out in favor of OSU it would benefit financially the conference they are joining next year at the expense of the conference they are leaving? Did I just hear the USC initial B1G revenue split shifting a little bit?

No way USC gets left out if they win next week, IMO.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Yeah i'd say it's pretty much locked in.

1. UGA (in even w loss)
2. scUM (probably in even w loss)
3. TCU (out w loss)
4. USC (probably out w loss)
5. O$U
6. Bammer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT