ADVERTISEMENT

“Ryan Walters” trending on X (Twitter)…

IronChefBBQ

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
Sadly, doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere yet…both literally & figuratively…but sounding like a rumored affair, if true, could give ‘cause’ and soften the buyout. If it happens, it sounds like it will be soon…

Last edited:
Can anyone identify a reliable source who is saying these things? Twitter has become a cesspool of lies and disinformation at this point. All the rumors I saw looked like a bunch of attention seekers.

This kind of speculation could be really damaging to him and his family.

Can anyone identify a reliable source who is saying these things? Twitter has become a cesspool of lies and disinformation at this point. All the rumors I saw looked like a bunch of attention seekers.

This kind of speculation could be really damaging to him and his family.
It’s idiots on twitter. If his wife is basing anything on what’s said on the internet…god help them.

Part of why you get paid an insane amount of money to coach college football is that you’re subject to these idiots and their ramblings. Whether it’s me on a message board or some weird guy on Twitter it’s part of the job. Not saying it’s ok. Don’t agree with it…but Purdue’s coach is going to get it 1000% less than most BIG or SEC fanbases will dish out.

Twitter has become a cesspool of lies and disinformation at this point.
Well to be fair, it always has been.

I've lost hope that a change is going to be made at this point before the program is in such a dire state we may not recover. There has been plenty of "cause" to let CRW go and the fact it hasn't happened yet, is not a good sign.

I doubt X is correct. As far as him still being here, who else can coach the team? When I look at the purdue athletic department salaries for assistant coaches it's amazing how many and how much they are being paid. So I think he is going to be around till the end and then Poof!

I doubt X is correct. As far as him still being here, who else can coach the team? When I look at the purdue athletic department salaries for assistant coaches it's amazing how many and how much they are being paid. So I think he is going to be around till the end and then Poof!
At this point I don't think it matters who would coach if he was let go as the season is lost anyway... let the guy doing the offense run it ... what is going to happen we lose games? That is happening no matter what.

Purge the staff and take the rest of the year to find a coach (which I think has to happen anyway). To me there just doesn't seem to be any gain to keep him around... we are losing recruits left and right as well...

At this point I don't think it matters who would coach if he was let go as the season is lost anyway... let the guy doing the offense run it ... what is going to happen we lose games? That is happening no matter what.

Purge the staff and take the rest of the year to find a coach (which I think has to happen anyway). To me there just doesn't seem to be any gain to keep him around... we are losing recruits left and right as well...
Agreed.
Other than the glimmer of hope against IL, this season has been a complete disaster.
If he's still around for the iu game, that might be the nail in the coffin if we get embarrassed, yet again this year.

Reactions: BBG and RDUBoiler

I've lost hope that a change is going to be made at this point before the program is in such a dire state we may not recover. There has been plenty of "cause" to let CRW go and the fact it hasn't happened yet, is not a good sign.
It's worse than ever now that Elon has taken over. Selling blue checkmarks instead of the old system where blue checks were only given to verified users has destroyed trust in the platform.

When Parker took over for Hazell, it was, uh, fine. We actually seemed more competitive in some of the games than we might have been if Haze had still been around. And obviously it led to a decent hire in Brohm.

Reactions: RossMackey and BBG
It's worse than ever now that Elon has taken over. Selling blue checkmarks instead of the old system where blue checks were only given to verified users has destroyed trust in the platform.
Disagree.. it's always sucked because people in general suck. blue checkmarks never stopped people from posting crap and Tik Tok is probably even worse. But that is a discussion for a different thread.

Back on topic, we've got nothing to lose (other than maybe more recruits) by letting him go now. I personally couldn't care less what is going on with his personal life .. because it's HIS personal life.... his lack of coaching ability is much more concerning since that has a farther reach.

Agreed.
Other than the glimmer of hope against IL, this season has been a complete disaster.
If he's still around for the iu game, that might be the nail in the coffin if we get embarrassed, yet again this year.
I thought maybe we would beat NW but the team is lost at this point I think. There is enough talent on the roster to be competitive and win more games than we have, but the staff just is clueless.

It's kinda like being on the titanic when it is sinking and then finding out the captain of the ship is Daffy Duck.

I would have thought that if it was going to happen mid-season it would have happened Monday morning. Especially with the bye week. And I was in favor of that timing. Now, we wait another 6 weeks and then we're debating whether he's going to get fired or actually gets another year. Egads!
Yep .. and we're also having players decommit left and right... it's mind boggling.

Reactions: Boiler8285
As other posters have mentioned, we really have no one else on staff to take over. May as well get a few more games out of Walters while you're paying him 4mil this year. I think we have a few more games at least with ole Walters at the helm.

As other posters have mentioned, we really have no one else on staff to take over. May as well get a few more games out of Walters while you're paying him 4mil this year. I think we have a few more games at least with ole Walters at the helm.
If he has in fact lost the locker room and players don’t care for him, you need to get him out ASAP. It’s probable we aren’t winning another game all year so who cares who is in charge.

As if calling someone "verified" meant they were trustworthy.

No different than before. It's only users/posts I decide are credible that I will listen to. Blue checkmark or not. I am willing to make that determination. I don't want someone else doing it for me.

Don't care if they fire him now or end of season. Search should start now, if it hadn't already. Any rumors regarding personal matters being spread online are shameful whether they are true or not.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
As if calling someone "verified" meant they were trustworthy.

No different than before. It's only users/posts I decide are credible that I will listen to. Blue checkmark or not. I am willing to make that determination. I don't want someone else doing it for me.
There were plenty of “verified” blue check marks making idiots of themselves during the Covid lockdowns and riots…

It’s idiots on twitter. If his wife is basing anything on what’s said on the internet…god help them.

Part of why you get paid an insane amount of money to coach college football is that you’re subject to these idiots and their ramblings. Whether it’s me on a message board or some weird guy on Twitter it’s part of the job. Not saying it’s ok. Don’t agree with it…but Purdue’s coach is going to get it 1000% less than most BIG or SEC fanbases will dish out.
Not if it’s slander. Some of these idiots got sued for a very similar situation by flecks alleged mistress and it was not a good situation as she tracked down the identities of the keyboard warriors. It was expensive for both and it was settled

I'm not sure that we can say that the state of the program is in dire condition at this very moment. The football facilities and stadium have been updated, tickets are selling and we are less than three years removed from playing in a a Big Ten Championship Game.
We have the infrastructure, and the fans, but we are in dire need of a coaching staff........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT